The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » DOVES (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
M&M Magic
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of M&M Magic
Hey everyone!! Where in the world can I find doves? There is absolutely no places to get them in my area. Is there a recommended site?

Thanks!
M&M MAGIC
Ryan Price
View Profile
Special user
winnipeg, MB, Canada
641 Posts

Profile of Ryan Price
It might help adding where you live. I know some people here have mailed doves before.
M&M Magic
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of M&M Magic
I live in Central PA (around Punxsutawney)! There are not a lot of dove places around here.
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Hmmm... How far are you from Harrisburg? I will be out there next weekend performing and I can check with my bird farm to see if they still have doves. I just bought two more for myself and they had four more there as of last week.
Let me know if that helps.

Sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
M&M Magic
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of M&M Magic
Hey Sam!! I'm a few hours away, but they can always be shipped!! I'll message you on fb!
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Call the local farm feed store. They usually know the local people with doves.
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I had trouble locating doves too. It took me several years to find some. I happened to see an ad in a local trading publication. It was free and just picked it up out of curiosity. I saw the ad for doves in the, "Pets For Sale" section and called about them. I still had to travel a long way to get them, but I had searched for so long I was glad to do so.
Mister Mystery
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1378 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
You can also order them directly from Foy's Pigeon Supply. They will arrive by USPS very quickly. It is a good time of year to order them, too, while it is cool.
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
joey
View Profile
New user
montreal,canada
56 Posts

Profile of joey
The past few years up here in Montreal, Canada, a lot of the dove workers who wanted to buy doves had a hard time locating them. Fortunately, I always bought mine from a breeder in town. Others had to drive at least 60 miles away from the city to find some for sale on some farms.
M&M Magic
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of M&M Magic
Hello All,

I found a breeder online. They will be ready and shipped in 2 weeks! Thanks for the help.

Bobby
Nak
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Nak
You can find a couple breeders around the country here: http://www.dovepage.com/buy/index.html

All four offer shipping, but it'd be nice if you can make it through one of the areas! I'm not sure how much the birds appreciate being shipped...
M&M Magic
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of M&M Magic
Hey Nak!

I actually ordered from one of those breeders. He has shipped thousands of doves without one accident.

Bobby
Nak
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Nak
That's great to hear! I'll be passing by one soon and hope to bring on another bird to my flock.
b0sl0q7
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of b0sl0q7
Wow I never knew that birds could be shipped. I live in NY so there is a pet store with doves every couple of miles.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Never ever buy a dove from a pet shop. You're much better off paying the few extra bucks to have them shipped from a breeder or owner. As to it being safe, I used to ship doves all the time. I only had one issue where the post office sent them to Oklahoma instead of Massachusetts. It took an extra day to arrive but the post office went out of it's way to find and deliver the package. The post office is the best method to ship and it's overnight. Only costs about $24 for up to 8 birds.
Where the magic begins
Gordon
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
692 Posts

Profile of Gordon
Back in the day, classified ads were a great way to find doves. (Even if you had to post a Wanted ad yourself.) Today, that would be Craigslist. The breeders are out there, they just don't think of magicians as their customer, believe it or not.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Linking ring and MUM used to have a classified section and magicians, including myself, often advertised doves for sale. I haven't needed anything in a long time so I don't know if the classified sections are still in those mags or not.
Where the magic begins
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
In my search or a breeder a few years ago, I was told by the breeder they would not ship to me because I was a magician. They felt the doves were mistreated in the way we (magicians) produced them. I Kindly explained that doves were NOT harmed when being produced and we parted ways without me ever buying one from them.
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4854 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
This has been posted before. The simple answer is to just not say you are a magician. You don't have to lie, just tell them you like doves, have studied them and just want a few for pets.
Where the magic begins
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
Dave, I never told her I was a magician. She googled my name and did her own research.
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » DOVES (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL