The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Sponge Balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Andy Tauber
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver WA
106 Posts

Profile of Andy Tauber
Any recommendations on a couple of Sponge Ball routines.

I am looking for one specifically for young children 5-10 years and one for adults?
Andy Tauber

www.magicalmischief.org

Twitter: @AMagicMischief

“Children see magic because they look for it.”

I used to think I wasn't a morning person, but things never got better after lunch!
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5836 Posts

Profile of motown
Sponge Rabbits for kids.
Martian Spongeballs by Steve Dacri. It's on his DVD.
You might also consider getting the DVD Encylopedia of Spongeball Magic.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8404 Posts

Profile of funsway
Had forgotten that one, Ian -- quit hiding stuff ...

on the commercial side I have had good response for "Then there were 4" -- get two sets for penetrations and additional effects like C&B
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
Andy Tauber
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver WA
106 Posts

Profile of Andy Tauber
Quote:
On 2013-02-11 22:36, magicians wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWjwoAB9DA8
The amoeba routine

That was a fun one. Thanks for the advice.
Andy Tauber

www.magicalmischief.org

Twitter: @AMagicMischief

“Children see magic because they look for it.”

I used to think I wasn't a morning person, but things never got better after lunch!
birdman69
View Profile
New user
Sydney, Australia
75 Posts

Profile of birdman69
Sean Taylor's Sponge for All Seasons is my favourite sponge ball routine.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8176 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Don't forget the COIN PURSE FRAME. It's a useful accessory to get the first ball--or a second ball surreptitiously.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
arizona
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of arizona
Eugene Burgers Routine with happy faces on the sponge balls for walk around and Patrick Page's routine in stand up situations. The hand shake at the end in Page's routine is a good way to end for thanking the volunteer as they go back to their seats and eliciting some applause from the audience for the volunteer.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5700 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I recommend Steve Dacri's Martian routine for close-up work. My routine is based on his. For stand-up work, I use Dick Stoner's Spongeball Surprise. Both routines work well for adults or kids, although the last line in Stoner's routine will have to be changed for kids.
arizona
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of arizona
I didn't see the OP wanted one for adults too. Steve Dacri's routine is great for both stand up and close up for adults. I learned it and most the routines from the L&L WGM sponge balls dvd. Daryls routine is good as well for both kids and adults for close-up. The OP should consider purchasing the dvd from L&L if he doesn't already have one. Its a good dvd for learning basic sleight of hand techniques and I would say it goes over routining and theory as well by some great teachers and performers.

Dacri mentioned he use to use his routine for stage performances as well
Moonstone76
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
140 Posts

Profile of Moonstone76
I'd suggest the Fechter’s Sponge Ball Routine on the Paul Lelekis ebook Close Up Journey...It's really commercial and suitable to children and adult people....you can buy the ebook at Lybrary.com
Moonstone76
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
140 Posts

Profile of Moonstone76
Quote:
The amoeba routine

Wow! It could be a great routine opener!
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Quote:
On 2013-02-22 12:08, Moonstone76 wrote:
Quote:
The amoeba routine

Wow! It could be a great routine opener!

For a full routine, I start with the large ball. Now you have 2" sponges. Stop the main routine and do 2" sponge effects (fourball routine). Then at that end, take a 2" ball and reduce it the rest of the way.
The alternate routine turns everything at the end into your choice of ball to bunny, square, or growing ball.
This clip shows the alternate routine.
http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=44916
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Moonstone76
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
140 Posts

Profile of Moonstone76
My compliments! It's genius!
Roy the Illusionist
View Profile
Regular user
Tennessee, USA
147 Posts

Profile of Roy the Illusionist
If you are looking for a really good sponge routine to get started with, Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic has a really good and fairly long routine in it. You can probably find it at most book stores for around $15.
Are you watching closely?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Sponge Balls (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL