The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » "Passing" the Hat (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
The Wonder Company
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of The Wonder Company
Paul, Kids love magic tricks, But everyone loves money. This idea is so good I'm beside myself. Two things are accomplished by rewarding a child with money. One, you let the audience know that it' okay to reward people that have done a good job[ ie you @ the end of your act ]. Two, you have made a child smile and laugh with joy. And people are very generous when you can make their children laugh.
Judging by your picture, which I love by the way, I have a feeling you already know that though.
-Max

P.S. I'm going to start giving away money in my kids show. I make great tips, but it can't hurt to remind the bookers that a little something extra can't hurt! Right?!
DanielGreenWolf
View Profile
Veteran user
Waterbury, CT
363 Posts

Profile of DanielGreenWolf
An excellent hat passing line came from Renaissance Performer Thomas Wood who said, "Please put a dollar or two in the hat. You think of nothing to pay a waiter for serving you your meal. I lit my NIPPLE on FIRE for you. So please show your gratitude."

Okay, not everyone can use this one, but the basis is a nice one. :-D And he really did light his nipple on fire in the show as part of his fire eating act. I don't have much of a tan to show my nipples without feeling self-consious so I'm working on something else.

-Daniel GreenWolf
-Much love,
Daniel GreenWolf
Celtic Magician

www.GreenWolfMagic.com
Michael Lee
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of Michael Lee
Hello All, Just thought I would set the record straight, Long before some one called Blain.... There was an "ARTIST" performing on the streets of New York City named " Jeff Sheridan" . Not only is Jeff a very good Friend but he has been my Teacher for many years.
Many years ago he wrote a book called "Street Magic" (The Title of which was also RIPPED OFF by DB for a tv. special) Written in Collarbation with Willian Bigart.
The book has become in many ways a Bible to Todays street performer I feel confedent in saying it is up there w/ the likes of Tarball & Bobo It was republished a few years ago by Kaufman & Greenberg, Which is a History of the Wandering Street Performer.

The amazing thing about watching Jeff Sheridan was that Jeff perfered to let his work speak for it's self , as he worked SILENT!

When you are performing something an audiance perceves as ART, there is no need to scream.

But again this is but one of MANY styles & approaches . As a performer myself I would have to agree w/ what the others have written .

As a performer hopefully? have done a decient job in Entertaining the crowd..So the very least they can do is come to you when passing the hat.

Remember though...It's their chioce weather they give you something or walk away,There is no excuse for being a Rude jerk as I have seen Gazzo (Funny & talented as he is) & other be on various occations.

But again EVERY performer is different you must FIND YOURSELF! and that happens ONLY by WORKING!!!

,Regretably as it is becoming more difficult to "Busk" these days let alone make a living from it , Due to the various laws...I would wholeheartedly reccomend the Ren faires, Audition at Seaports., St fairs ..Etc.

An added note to Anyone interested in the Cups & balle Effect , The Michael Lee Millennium Cups aer still available. & can be seen at the worlds foremost C&B website http://www.jamesriser.com, under "Selecting a set of cups"

Also if any of you have questions, please don't hesitate to write

Good Luck All &
Keep passing the Hat!

Michael Lee
Michaelleeexperience@earthlink.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » "Passing" the Hat (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL