We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Think Tank Sample Edition: Have Faith In Ebooks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1763 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Ever since I wrote my first PDF at the age of 16, I have fallen in love with the ebook medium. Granted my first PDF was not great in production. They have come along way since then.

However, like so many, I have purchased very poorly written and under produced ebooks far too often. Often just a couple of pages of text which had clearly been written within one evening.

Magicians have fallen out of love with digital books in the past couple of years with good reason. Just because you are selling a digital product, it does not mean it can be rushed, under produced or lack content. I really aim to build trust with my customers in which ever way I can. My latest PDF Think Tank has been fairly well received but because it is in PDF form, it could possibly be putting some of purchasing.

So I have created a little Sample Edition of Think Tank. You can Download the first two effects: Simple Mix and Bottoms Up for just £1.50. If you decided you like the book, there are instructions inside on how to download the full book at a discounted rate!

You can download an HD video explanation of REBEL ACES absolutely FREE also!

As an added incentive, Think Tank is part of my Swap Shop Scheme. If you are really not happy with your product and can supply feedback on it, you can swap it for a product of the same price. For more information on how the Swap Shop scheme works: http://jamiedaws.co.uk/News2.html

Reviews of the book:

"Jamie always put his best foot forward and in this release he jumps In with both feet. Some real world, organic miracles that you WILL have fun with!"
-Alan Rorrison

“X-Pence... I love it! 15/10! Yes, it really is that good!” - Steven Blair

"Jamie Daws delivers a set of fresh, clever and practical routines which are definitely worth learning! Very good stuff!" - Ben Prime

“Genius work by an amazing creator. I couldn't recommend this collection more. Jamie, congratulations. You have a winner!” - Arsh Shah

“The quality of the ebook itself (visually speaking) is just phenomenal. This is a fantastic ebook well worth your attention. The quality is top notch, the material is first rate, and you're certain to find something that you'll love performing and want to use often!” - John Gelasi

Performance Demos:

Think Tank Demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLy6LmqEUpQ
Simple Mix (Sample Edition): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE1mQ-QfPXw
Spinning Wheel Change: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KPmmvs3-40
Rebel Aces (FREE): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmwsqdSP12Q
ColourRing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6EA9Il_Z5M
PING: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0g8oeH2wfo

To get hold of the Sample Edition: http://jamiedaws.co.uk/Shop_ThinkTank.html

Remember: “You may be deceived if you trust too much; but you will live in torment if you don’t trust enough.” - Frank Crane

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1134 Posts

Profile of Chris
Quote:
On 2013-02-13 08:03, JamieD wrote:
Magicians have fallen out of love with digital books in the past couple of years with good reason.

Jamie, what makes you think so? I see increased interest all around on Lybrary.com http://www.lybrary.com/ More visitors. More customers. More happy magicians.
Lybrary.com preserving magic one book at a time.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1763 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Chris, that is awesome to hear! Its based more so on my experiences talking to other magicians. Also, from the amount of rubbish I have personally brought. A mammoth and very well maintained site like Lybrary I hope will always have custom because of the diversity of material. Lets just hope I am entirely wrong Chris!

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1134 Posts

Profile of Chris
Jamie, yeah I think you are wrong, because bad material has always existed. It has nothing to do with ebooks. Go back 20 years or 30 years and take a look at magic publications. Most lecture notes and booklets published in those days were badly printed, badly formatted, lots of spelling errors, crooked text and illustrations, cheap xeroxing or printing. Even hardbound books like some of the Supreme books were low quality if you take a look at how they reproduced photos for example. From my experience there always was and there always will be a spectrum going from rubbish to high quality regardless of technology.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1763 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Chris, I think its a little bit harsh to say someone is wrong or right man! Its only my opinion and certainly shouldn't be taken as gospel. I think with things like lecture notes and booklets, you have physical product which, if it does lack, can be sold on. With a digital product, it is literally a brought and kept item. If I had brought a poorly produced book, at least I have the book itself. At least I know ive paid for materials. Equally, If I were to weigh up my DVD, book/ lecture notes and PDF collections, I would say that I have more throw away material and less well produced material in PDF form then other mediums.

Again, it's not intended to be taken as a rule. Just my personal observations and opinions. Not meant to offend or upset, just supposed to be my opportunity to help a medium of publication which I feel passionately about!

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1134 Posts

Profile of Chris
I just don't like it when ebooks are being blamed for things they are not to be blamed for. A little historic perspective proves otherwise. And with ebooks you always have the chance that the author issues an updated improved version free of charge for all past customers. We are doing this at Lybrary.com routinely to correct anything from the mundane spelling error, to adding entirely new sections including tricks and moves. You don't have that with any physical product. A clear advantage of the ebook format.

So with a physical product, if it is bad it is bad. It will not miraculously improve over night. With an ebook this does actually happen. I have seen this several times and it will happen more and more as more authors understand to use the medium to their advantage.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1763 Posts

Profile of JamieD
I agreed entirely Chris. You defiantly don't have to sell ebooks to me. I love them and I think they are great products. I am not saying they are bad at all! All I am trying to do is regain trust in some customers who may feel that the PDF format has let them down too many times! Every little helps!

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1134 Posts

Profile of Chris
Fair enough. I simply took issue with your sweeping statement: "Magicians have fallen out of love with digital books in the past couple of years with good reason." Perhaps what you meant was something like: "Many of my customers have fallen ..." or "I think some magicians have fallen ..." It was simply too sweeping and too definitive, completely out of whack with my own experience. I also think the 'good reason' part would have benefited from a bit more thought as I have tried to point out above. But I am probably taking an attack on ebooks too personal ... sorry for that.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1763 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Hey Chris, well I totally apologise for my wording. I didn't think someone would take it so literally! In the same way I wouldn't take "It's boiling hot' literally when someone is referring to the weather or 'There is nothing on TV' when there is lots on TV. I will watch my wording in future! It was certainly not an attack on ebooks, I was trying to help them along. Perhaps I am just very naive to think I was helping when really, I was hurting it. You live, You learn!

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5717 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
I like the way just the two of you are involved in the discussion. Smile

Continue please . . . Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
I'm a fan of them as a new medium, and one which is dominating the traditional book format, everywhere else at least.

In magic, they are WAY over priced. In general ebooks are still being over priced actually, but the market at large is settling on a price-point. Magicians, however, are more likely to hold out and consider themselves "special" compared to other authors.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Think Tank Sample Edition: Have Faith In Ebooks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.32 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL