We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Incredible Burt Wonderstone Trailer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
I rented and watched this movie on my Kindle Fire. I enjoyed the movie very much and as soon as I can afford it, I am going to purchase the DVD.

I think the reason that many people did not like this movie is the fact that it is in the catagory of "Farse" and a little slapstickish. Many do not like slapstick/farse or even "camp" style of movie.

In my opinion, Jim Carey did an excellent job with his character. "Man in the Moon" was always my favorite Jim Carey film. Now I must ad "The Incredible Burt Wonderstone" to that small and hopefuly growing list.

My ONLY complaint about the movie was exposing the TT (Thumbtip, for the non-politicaly correct) and exposing the backpalm. I know that Penn & Teller did this years ago. I cringed then and I cringe now.

Why do we still say TT? I don't get it. The general public for the most part are not here on the Café but the general public do watch Penn & Teller and do go to the theatres to watch films like Burt Wonderstone. I don't get it Smile .
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2770 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2013-03-23 02:45, Payne wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-03-23 02:00, mastermindreader wrote:

You said early on in this thread that you weren't going to go see the film and that you'd wait for its release on BluRay/DVD.

Are your later comments based on what some critics have said, or have you actually seen the film?

Audiences will affect your impression of a film. I saw ''The Muppet Movie'' on opening day at a ritzy theatre and was disappointed at how badly it dragged. A few years later, I saw the film at the Boston Worldcon and was amazed at how much better it seemed to be paced. The difference was that this audience was enjoying themselves. I just saw ''Burt Wonderstone'' on demand and enjoyed it a lot, not enough to pay the extra 11.99 to OWN a digital copy, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

I saw it last Friday at the Regal Meridian with my wife and about 20 other people in the audience. Apart from one guy in the back who laughed out loud several times. The rest of the audience were acting as if they were at a funeral. It's a truly bad film. I almost walked out. Something I haven't done at a film since mistakenly going to see Moulin Rouge a few years ago.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2770 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I messed up that post. Sorry. The part from "Audience will affect - to - but I enjoyed it nonetheless" was mine. Sorry for not placing it correctly.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
frankvomit
View Profile
Elite user
485 Posts

Profile of frankvomit
[quo.

Why do we still say TT? I don't get it. The general public for the most part are not here on the Café but the general public do watch Penn & Teller and do go to the theatres to watch films like Burt Wonderstone. I don't get it Smile .
Iven Smile
[/quote]

been wondering the same thing myself;)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Incredible Burt Wonderstone Trailer (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL