The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Out of this world effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
David Le
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
365 Posts

Profile of David Le
Is there a way to do this were the cards are in the spectator's hands the ENTIRE TIME?

or is that the only way its done? Smile

my magician friend did it in his hands, FACE DOWN and he taught it to me. yet I still don't know how it works. Smile

which is pro'lly why I should get one of the books or vids you guys mentioned that teaches this.
Uli Weigel
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin, Germany
1478 Posts

Profile of Uli Weigel
David,
Paul Curry's original OOTW allows, that a spectator deals the cards himself. Get the book "Worlds beyond" or the booklet "Out of this world and beyond" with many additional versions and handlings of the trick.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5408 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Giochi,

I only saw your post right now but, just as an example, my PLANET EARTH version of OOTW can accomplish something exactly like that (and more!)

And in my version, you never need to switch packets, neither at the start, in the middle, or at the end. NEVER!
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1968 Posts

Profile of Platt
Dan Harlen has an OOTW version on one of his Impromtu Videos that is just as described. The person calls out a color and dan flips the top card over to reveal it's the color called. If you so choose, you could go through the entire deck. My guess is you saw something similar to Dan's version. I do it occasionally when the time is right. Absolutely brilliant.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
TannerJade
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
307 Posts

Profile of TannerJade
I know Michael Skinner does this effect..do not know how he did though Smile
johnnyimpossible
View Profile
Loyal user
Omaha, Ne
243 Posts

Profile of johnnyimpossible
The out of this universe version- I believe this is what they call it, uses only 20 cards and has the same effect, but much "less winded".
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
8557 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
There IS no Out Of This Universe "version," Johnnyimpossible. There is Out Of This Universe, and it's a full-deck routine. My Impromptu Out Of This World (both are in LORAYNE: THE CLASSIC COLLECTION)uses a portion of the deck - twenty or so cards. HARRY LORAYNE.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1968 Posts

Profile of Platt
Harry's Impromtu OOTW is the very best version I've ever seen. That's the one I use all the time. It's quick, it's impromtu, and there's never an odd or unnatural moment. Perfection. That said, for something completely different, I highly advise you check out Dan Harlen's version.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
takashi miike
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of takashi miike
Harry is any of your effects you mention on your videos.

thanks
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
8557 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Out Of This Universe is on one of the DVD volumes. Impromptu Out Of This World is not. That and also Out Of This Universe, is in my book, LORAYNE: THE CLASSIC COLLECTION. HARRY LORAYNE.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
Canvey Card Sharp
View Profile
Special user
Canvey Island Essex ENGLAND
552 Posts

Profile of Canvey Card Sharp
To endorse The Classic Collection.

I had originals of the four books that comprise The Classic Collection yet still purchased it to see the updated ideas, etc. WOW! Even if you have the originals - BUY IT!

It's choc full of fantastic new spins and ideas; as well as containing the Epitome Loaction and even, on top of this, new card material titled Extra Special Bonus!

If you only have enough money for one book this year I cannot recommend anything better. With some younger guys on here, with Christmas coming up, put it to the top of your wish list. You will not be disspointed - honestly.

If you PM Harry I'm sure that he will be willing to sign a copy personally to you if he has some remaining (something he kindly did for me for the Doug Edwards/Ken Krenzel books which he authored and his excellent new book Mathematical Wizardry). He also got them to me from New York to Essex England within the week - so clearly the U.S. Postal Service has improved since his days dispatching Apocalypse!

So why this endorsement? It's not a** licking - I don't need to. I just am more than happy recommending the two very best versions of OOTW both within the covers of one great book.

Paul Curry would have been proud of him!
Barry Allen

A Trick....A Smile....Applause
vance2276
View Profile
New user
Montana
72 Posts

Profile of vance2276
Quote:
On 2003-11-21 08:49, Uli Weigel wrote:
David,
Paul Curry's original OOTW allows, that a spectator deals the cards himself. Get the book "Worlds beyond" or the booklet "Out of this world and beyond" with many additional versions and handlings of the trick.

I'd love to get a copy of World's Beyond, but don't have the $300 it would take these days.
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2610 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
I have a version that works exactly as described in the initial post. It uses a regular deck, requires no bottom (or 2nd) dealing, you can go right through the entire deck, and it isn't in anyway difficult. Anyone interested PM me or for more fun work it out yourself.

(hint: Eddy's post suggests the answer might be related to Bill Simon's 'Call to the Colors' (or colours even). Well my version has a commonality with *part* of that excellent effect.)

I'm not sure how interesting or entertaining an effect it is, it is afterall, as someone has already mentioned, the same effect performed over and over with no climax. Having said that it does have that quality of a building anticipation for the 1st failier. (that never comes Smile )

Jesper asks: "Yes maybe the one by one revelation fools magicians - but who cares for that?"

To which the answer is; maybe other magicians,.....or maybe card enthusiasts, or maybe people who only perform for the mirror, or maybe no one, or maybe with the right build, pace, and capture of tension,.... an actual specky. ( I'm more inclined to go with 'no one' though Smile )

Neal
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2610 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
An alternative presentation of the effect I've just mentioned above has just occured to me.

It can also be done using two specky's where one apparently always guesses the colour of the next card correctly but the other is always wrong. You can switch between specky's whenever you like and as often as you like.

I'll have to go and try this version out now. Smile

Neal.
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
Yehuda
View Profile
Elite user
411 Posts

Profile of Yehuda
Jon Armstrong has an easy and ver good OOTW effect using 10 red and 10 black (it can be more or less) that I believe is in his lecture notes.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5156 Posts

Profile of landmark
Have no idea if this is practical but alternate red black, DL and discard both when necessary.

Jack Shalom
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1436 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Are the 2 effects by harry lorayne better than galaxy?
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1436 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Could soneone review that for me? I do not own harry's effects
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4141 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Talking about OOTW and Galaxy you should look up Mike Power's "Power Plays"!! Excellent stuff.
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
An impromptu version of "Prediction Out of This World" by JC Wagner is excellent. There's a prediction at the end as a kicker.

Andrew

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Out of this world effect (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL