The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Out of this world effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1436 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Could someone answer my questions above? thatw ould be great.

thx a lot
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
MagicMarker
View Profile
Elite user
498 Posts

Profile of MagicMarker
> Have no idea if this is practical but alternate red black, DL and discard both
> when necessary.

When I read the first post I thought about it and that's exactly the method I came up with. It fooled Mrs. MagicMarker which is saying something, because she is no longer fooled as often as she used to be, but after about 5 or 6 guesses she spotted what was going on.

I also think the real power of OOTW is lost when the correct guesses are shown there and then. But someone may come up with a great prentation that works.

I can see it being useful if for example you wanted to work with a particular spectator but wanted to make it appear like a randomly selected spectator.

E.g. Get all the spectators to stand up. If they think it's red raise their right hand. Black raise their left. Show the approproate color to keep the desired spectator in the game then do another round. Gradually weeding out spectators until you're left with just your desired spectator.
Carry on into a full Out of This World with them to show that it wasn't a fluke.
Don't know if that would work.

Now that I think about it, if you don't care which spectator you work with you can do this fairly as a way of picking an out of this world spectator. No Sleights required. And in the process of playing the game you're sorting the cards by color.

-Rd
montemagic
View Profile
Elite user
San Diego, CA
471 Posts

Profile of montemagic
I am releasing an impromptu version as an instant download via the Merchant of Magic. This is HANDS DOWN my favorite card effect to perform, and in a little over 10 years of refinement, I have NEVER once been caught. This is the easiest effect I do, and it gets the best reactions.
see:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......17&4

~Matt
Aim To Amaze
magic777
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of magic777
My favorite Out of this world variations are by Harry Lorayne. I can recommend Harry Lorayne's Classic Collection. All his work is very good actually.
scorch
View Profile
Inner circle
1480 Posts

Profile of scorch
Quote:
On 2003-11-19 01:48, Jesper Amstrup wrote:
Isn't it better if all the cards called are dealt face down and all revealed in the end of the effect?

If all 52 cards are revealed one by one, theres no climax. It's the same effect repeated 52 times. It's like an ambitious card that goes on forever.

Yes maybe the one by one revelation fools magicians - but who cares for that?

Exactly. Sure, as an academic exercise it might be interesting for magicians to discuss ideas as to how this particular variation of OOTW could be accomplished. But from the spectator's standpoint it would be inherently more boring (at least after the first dozen cards or so), and so much less magical than the original version.
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
OOTW hits laypeople hard. I assure you, it is not boring at all. Build up the expectations and the final reveal will be very, very satisfying.
Cards never lie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Out of this world effect (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL