The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Fully Loaded - signed card to sealed deck (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Is it me? I cant find a link to where this is being sold.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2101 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Penguin and Tannen's are both selling it now. I'm sure a few other places are as well.
Kevin Reylek
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Thank you Merc.
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
Quote:
On 2013-04-18 17:41, trueinventor wrote:
"FULLY LOADED---IS IT FOR ENTRY LEVEL BEGINNERS?"

No. A decent p**m is required and it also requires a level of presentation/patter/confidence that experience brings.
I'm sure you could 'get away with it' but from what you have said I would think it is not for you at the moment.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21689 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2013-04-18 06:20, Jupiter47 wrote:
Shawns uses a force and is so in-depth that most people that buy it will probably not perform it. Marks seems more practical to me.

My .02

Are you Shawn's best friend, and has he shared his method with you. You seem be certain it is a forced card. Just asking, as I have watched the video many times and have noted that it may not be a forced card. Just my 2 cents.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Tfet
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Tfet
Quote:
On 2013-04-19 13:40, Magicmagician83 wrote:
He also credits the same trick Shawn claims he got the idea from. (Sorry forgot the name)

-Chris

Forgot the name? Its better that way.

Believe me it is.
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1113 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Quote:
On 2013-04-19 16:01, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-04-18 06:20, Jupiter47 wrote:
Shawns uses a force and is so in-depth that most people that buy it will probably not perform it. Marks seems more practical to me.

My .02

Are you Shawn's best friend, and has he shared his method with you. You seem be certain it is a forced card. Just asking, as I have watched the video many times and have noted that it may not be a forced card. Just my 2 cents.

You don't need to be Shawn's best friend. It's called Occam's Razor, which means that the simplest solution is usually the right one. Now how difficult is to create a device that would insert a forced card in a specific position of the deck as opposed to any position? Is it simpler than force a card to Penn & Teller? I would guess it's not...
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1281 Posts

Profile of stempleton
I for one think the description of the trick went too far as to list the items included. I've always been able to preserve the ability to view a demo with the eyes of an ordinary spectator, and the description of a couple of the gimmicks probably let too much out of the bag. That being said, I received my Fully Loaded today, and have only had time to inspect the gimmicks and view some of the DVD ("some" because the disc froze in two places, the second without correcting itself... I hope a cleaning and retry will correct.)

My initial, albeit incomplete response, is that this is a do-able effect with a concentration on presentation, and audience management for the "heat" moment. I have small hands, but this is an effect that I feel is worth the effort to accomplish the particular move. I must admit I chuckled when watching Mark describe the previously described "locking" device." Nicely done. I normally perform in a vest, and I think this will work with that, but certainly voids any casual performances for the t-shirt/jeans moments. There is some prep craft work involved, so this won't work for those thinking of using it in table work unless their jacket is "fully loaded " (pun intended.)

A note as to the packaging that someone previously mentioned. This is similar to how the "No Tear Newspaper" was packaged, and I personally have no problem with it. It is professionally packaged, although the DVD is minimally printed... just hope mine will play.

I'm certain there will be more thorough reviews to come, and I look forward to setting aside some uninterrupted time to play around with this, (glad it arrived on a Friday!) but I hope this will help those who are contemplating a purchase for now.
Magicmagician83
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Magicmagician83
Well sorry for posting my review. Sheesh.
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1217 Posts

Profile of magicbern
It went beyond the confines of a review - and into an exposure of aspects of methods used. That was the reason why it was pulled.
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
748 Posts

Profile of Shawn Farquhar
Hi folks,

Just a short reply to Bill's comment:

"If Shawn Farquhar is telling the truth that he was starting with George Schlinder's Sealed Surprise Signed Card to sealed deck from the 1970's, then it does not use a F***e. I believe the reason Shawn has not released it yet as he is still working on an alternative handling that anyone that buys the trick will be able to do. From the Penn and Teller video, it is apparent that several S****hes are used during the presentation of the effect. This would not interest most new to magic buyers. I went back and took a look at Mark Mason's trick, and it seems to better suit the average magician or new person to magic."

What I said was I was inspired by George Schlinder's effect "Sealed Surprise". I did not say that I "started with his effect" so I am "telling the truth". I can also say I never did his effect, but it is an excellent effect and great value for the price! As for working on an alternative handling for the effect to make it easier for the masses, nothing could be further from the truth. My method is simple and straight forward and within the reach of most average magicians. The delay is that I am working on a way to release the effect while still securing the secret. I am truly saddened to see the rampant theft of ideas using torrents, youtube and other sites. Yesterday I was directed to a site offering my entire Penguin lecture for free... quite sad. To see all my years of creation exposed to the general public, including my RSVP, which I had never shared in the past was distressing. I don't want to make this mistake again and will work hard to be as my Father said a Keeper of Secrets.

Now back to the topic, I have had the opportunity to work along side of Mark Mason on many occasions and have seen his Fully Loaded many times. It is a great routine and never fails to rock a room. Although I don't know the method and haven't bought the trick I think it is awesome that he has released his method to the magic community.

Hope that helps to clarify matters.

Cheers,

-shawn
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10347 Posts

Profile of saysold1
So classy as always Shawn - and thanks for chiming in.

You know I have been asking you about this effect for some years now - in good time, I'm sure you will release your baby when you are ready & comfortable to do so.

I don't know how to avoid the stealing - I think some are using individual watermarks on the videos they release or stream? Isn't Vanishing doing that now?

AS far as the routine, I think I do know that one of the s******s is similar to your fantastic Omni Deck routine - other than that, I have no darn clue!!! So good.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
748 Posts

Profile of Shawn Farquhar
Saysold1, I believe you will be one of the first to receive one when it is released.. maybe even a pre-release copy. -shawn
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
16917 Posts

Profile of joseph
Torn 2 Pieces .. great .. This & Extended Stay next. Smile ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10347 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2013-04-23 15:42, Shawn Farquhar wrote:
Saysold1, I believe you will be one of the first to receive one when it is released.. maybe even a pre-release copy. -shawn

Your killin' me !

Well if you send it I PROMISE not to perform it on Ellen or P&T lol should I ever be asked on their shows lol.

Thanks again Shawn.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
trueinventor
View Profile
Loyal user
Lynchburg Va
217 Posts

Profile of trueinventor
Hi guys.

Years ago when Google was in it's infancy they were quick to repsond to concerns about unfairness or theft of ideas. It's much harder now, I think, to request that a video, that wrongly discloses a magician's unique method or device, be pulled and actually have it removed. ICAAN, Google, You-Tube may be afraid of "pulling" something that might later be proven to have been "Public Domain" (ideas or concepts past their patented or trademark enforceable life).

What happened to Shawn is so wrong but it is actually the easier problem to address because He himself is clearly seen in the stolen video. (It isn't EASY to address...just "easier" to address). Things become even harder when an individual learns your idea and then films themselvs teaching it. He can just outright lie and claim: "I've been doing that since 2003".

Still, Copyright and patent and trade-secret laws DO matter. I've had to use them to regain stolen Intellectual Property...once a competitor was actually able to hi-jack my website for a few days and have all of my normal web-traffic redirected to their site. Pure theft but, at that time I could afford a very expensive IP law firm and they cut through the normal 90 day ICAAN resolution period in just 2 days.

I just wanted to recommend a GREAT patent-it-yourself book entitled (not surprisingly Smile) PATENT IT YOURSELF by Donald Pressman and available at AMAZON. You can pick up an older edition (it's all you need) for 5 or 10 dollars. That book started me on the road to writing patents...God has allowed me to be granted 10 so far (YAY TEAM!), and truly, almost anyone can write a good patent.

The Best free on-line resource I know on this subject is: http://www.IPwatchdog.com. That site can make you an expert.

I mention this because I believe that even things like illusions that depend on certain-steps-made-in-sequence to achieve a "magical end", such as Casshan's Rubberband miracle: MELTING POINT can still be patented if they are really new or if, at least, a few of the steps in the sequence are new. Oz's teaching on the "Renegade Triumph" for example may have been patentable as well as LOKI's great idea and Bill Cushman's. They may have applied for patent already, I'm not sure.

Fellas, if you haven't, you have One year from the date of first offrer for sale to apply for patent or it then becomes "Public Domain".

To pay a patent attorney to achieve your patent is between $2,500 to $10,000 for simpler ideas. You don't need to pay for one. Your "do-it-yourself" cost will be around $700.00 for a full blown "Utility" Application. You can alternately apply with a PROVISIONAL Application which I think is closer to $300.00. Provisional Applications are partial Applications that establish your date of origin and the heart of your idea nad give you a full year to complete your patent process and add new information along the way if you wish.

Patent Examiners and others at "THE INVENTORS HELPLINE" at the http://www.USPTO.gov (US PATENT OFFICE) will actually help coach you in writing your patent or working through the required forms if you get stuck. You can call them. Smile I do,...a lot.

One patent I wrote concerning a technology the Lord blessed me with discovering led to 2 products that each received a BEST BUY award from Consumer reports. Shelia and I and the children were living in welfare housing when I wrote that patent. Our lives changed afterward. I say that to just encourage you that, if God has given you a great idea for an illusion...or for anything...YOU CAN DO IT!! And it is worth doing.

With a patent in hand, Google and You Tube will likely be much quicker to listen to your concern over someone stealing from you and posting it online.

If you would like more info please PM me anytime. Hope this information was helpful.

your friend,
ALex
trueinventor
View Profile
Loyal user
Lynchburg Va
217 Posts

Profile of trueinventor
P.S.

Even if a "sequence of steps" needed to perform an Illusion, such as is taught by Casshan in his beautiful MELTING POINT isn't patentable, it is at the very least: copyright-able.

I don't mean a copyright of the "entire production" of the kind P3 obtains when they offer DVDs or downloads, I mean a magician may be able to copyright his word description of "moves needed" and/or his illustrations of them and do so independent of and separate from the DVD or download presentation. Try to ALWAYS do that guys: at the very least; Copyright each individual illusion if it is one that depends on "moves" rather than a device. ALWAYS establish your ownership as soon as possible. The resources I've mentioned teach how.

Devices and "Gimmicks" are definitely patentable.

Dear magician; AlWAYS document and establish your date of "ORIGIN OF THE IDEA" as soon as you possibly can, but learn how to do so safely.

NEVER tell anyone your idea, not me or your brother, unless they first sign a "non-compete-non-disclose" document which the Patent It Yourself book and IP watchdog have information on.

I will never ask you to describe your idea: I don't want to know what it is because it is too risky for both of us, but I WILL teach you all I know about how to protect it if that is something that can help.

DO NOT TRUST ATTORNEYS without thoroughly vetting them. You don't know whose "under the table" payroll they may be on. A very respected Secretary for several well-known attorneys in Washington DC taught me that.

I am sometimes asked to offer "How to Patent and Copyright" presentations at church or college and have prepared a "Quick Start" guide where I take you right to the U.S. patent office website and "click-through" the steps with you to get you started. If it would be helpful to you, just PM me and it's yours for free. Smile God has given me so much and I want those same possibilities available to you. I can email a PDF file version of it to you.

If you DO have a great idea the Lord has given you, please really consider patenting it or copyrighting it yourself. I am just an average guy but because of one patent I wrote, Alsco Metals offered me $150,000.00 one year just to "consult" them. If your Copyrighted or Patented Idea is seen by the right person (some major companies have staff whose job it is to view each day,s newly released patents and copyrights), you very well may be "courted" by Peter Nardi or Shawn or even Tyco or Toys R Us.

One individual is earning over 30 million a year with one of my patents. In a way, it was only words and drawings on paper...and if I can do that; YOU CAN DO THIS Café member. You can do it to. Writing a patent or applying for Copyright is WAAAYYYY easier than becoming an accomplished magician.

This isn't always the case, but usually is; Most companies are VERY happy to allow you to propose an idea to them and will kindly listen, even take you to lunch or even fly you to their headquarters and treat you like a king...while they are mentally planning out 9 ways to Sunday how to take your idea while kicking you to the curb. BUT, if they know you have a solid patent or copyright they will still kindly listen, but they will kindly listen with respect.

I hope I didn't stay on this subject too long, I really hope the things I've written help. Casshan, as most everyone has noted: what a
masterpiece you have given us. Thank you.

your friend,
Alex
Silver Glove Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
Magic... coast to coast, here's to another...
334 Posts

Profile of Silver Glove Magic
No reviews on the Penguin thus far. What's the temperature on this one folks?
Posting ever so slightly.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2101 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
I picked this up about a week ago but am in the middle of a move, so haven't had a chance to view it yet. The props appear to be well-made though.

I'll be sure to report back once I've had a chance to view the DVD and try it out a little bit in the real world.
Kevin Reylek
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4124 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I realy would like to see a honest reveiw on this as I love the card to sealed deck effect and am planning a trip down to ALAKAZAM on saturday and I have thoughts of picking it up but this trick maybe a little to adventourous for me being a humble amatuer,all the best.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Fully Loaded - signed card to sealed deck (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL