The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Fully Loaded - signed card to sealed deck (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13 [Next]
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1292 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Quote:
On 2013-04-25 14:40, Fire Starter wrote:
I realy would like to see a honest reveiw on this as I love the card to sealed deck effect and am planning a trip down to ALAKAZAM on saturday and I have thoughts of picking it up but this trick maybe a little to adventourous for me being a humble amatuer,all the best.

I've said many times I'm not a card worker, but working with the setup that Mark lays out even I can do this. That is, I can work the routine at the point where I can bring out the sealed deck with the signed card ready to go. My work is preparing an entertaining routine to lead up to this moment, as Mark does in his demo. Otherwise it would be simply a 10 second "wow!" The DVD shows the steps needed to do the routine as shown in the demo, but too quickly for my card skill level (a couple of the sleights that for a worker would be rather elementary.)

As Mercury52 said, the props are very well made, and for the price, I would absolutely pick it up during your visit. As Mark says, it is a "one off", explaining that he reserves it for the head table at a convention, or the bride and groom at a wedding, etc. Still, what a moment. Go for it.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On 2013-04-25 16:53, stempleton wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-04-25 14:40, Fire Starter wrote:
I realy would like to see a honest reveiw on this as I love the card to sealed deck effect and am planning a trip down to ALAKAZAM on saturday and I have thoughts of picking it up but this trick maybe a little to adventourous for me being a humble amatuer,all the best.

I've said many times I'm not a card worker, but working with the setup that Mark lays out even I can do this. That is, I can work the routine at the point where I can bring out the sealed deck with the signed card ready to go. My work is preparing an entertaining routine to lead up to this moment, as Mark does in his demo. Otherwise it would be simply a 10 second "wow!" The DVD shows the steps needed to do the routine as shown in the demo, but too quickly for my card skill level (a couple of the sleights that for a worker would be rather elementary.)

As Mercury52 said, the props are very well made, and for the price, I would absolutely pick it up during your visit. As Mark says, it is a "one off", explaining that he reserves it for the head table at a convention, or the bride and groom at a wedding, etc. Still, what a moment. Go for it.

Thankyou so much for your very informative reply and when you put it like that ,i'm sold, will be picking this up for sure, Saturday,all the best.

Shane
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Well I picked this up Saturday 27/4/13 and a very BIG wow.Mark goes throught every fine detail and this is just simply a wonderful system of getting a card into a sealed deck ,so its off to the shops now for some provisions and I will post my findings on well this little gem goes down when I perform it,all the best.

Shane
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1292 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Shane, I was hoping you'd post your reactions. Although I have no affiliation with Mark, I always have no problem praising when it is due. This product certainly deserves it.

I have found here that you can pick up two-packs of Bicycle cards, one red and one blue, for a good price, perfect for this.

Now, if I could only experience the long-lost pleasure of once again picking up ANYthing in a brick and mortar, no less one as nice as ALAKAZAM....
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On 2013-04-28 07:58, stempleton wrote:
Shane, I was hoping you'd post your reactions. Although I have no affiliation with Mark, I always have no problem praising when it is due. This product certainly deserves it.

I have found here that you can pick up two-packs of Bicycle cards, one red and one blue, for a good price, perfect for this.

Now, if I could only experience the long-lost pleasure of once again picking up ANYthing in a brick and mortar, no less one as nice as ALAKAZAM....

Hi Steve I just could not resist it and from only having it for a day I performed it for my brother inlaw,signed card straight into a NEW deck,went down very very well,just got to brush up and get it smooth before I do in again.The brother inlaw is my guinea pig,lol. Mark is excellent on the DVD with his instructions and I remember when I purchased SOLO by Mark ,again a fantastic trick,i pay £2.55p for bike decks a little exspensive so will have to have a look ,still can do some routines with unsealed decks not as eye catching but all the same pretty dam goon in the layman's eye, all the best.

P.S Now, if I could only experience the long-lost pleasure of once again picking up ANYthing in a brick and mortar, no less one as nice as ALAKAZAM....
I love this shop just a darn long walk from the train station lol.

Shane.
Leonil
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Leonil
I ordered it the moment Penguin sent me a newsletter telling me about it.

I was also interested in what Shawn had to say about it and Im glad that was clarified. Ive been waiting for Shawn's release of his method too, and as a new magician, with only 2 years experience and only recently buying gimmicked sets of cards, I think his routine is the most organic Ive seen, doesn't seem complicated at all - I even bought the Live Lecture and was pleased to see a different but really effective version too.

I cant wait for Fully loaded, but I will be deffinately buying Shawn's product when he releases it - I have yet to submit to piracy on magic - Im pretty proud of that fact, and maybe as a suggestion, Shawn releases it as a book? Im sure you will get someone trying to sell photocopies or something, but I don't see a lot of print media with magic on it lately, not being sent to me at least by some people I know who happily download anything and everything.

I will have a review of the Fully loaded effect when it arrives - Im still waiting for it to ship over to Australia from the states.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
You will realy enjoy this Leonil,i have only still performed this once and I have some big parties coming up so I will be perfecting my routine to get it ultra smooth.I also will have to certainly purchase Shawn Farquhar's when and if it get's released.I just had to watch his performance again on P&T and his was one of the best night's on there,all the best.

Shane
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Fully loaded is a real killer, I love it!
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7292 Posts

Profile of paisa23
So penguin has it?
MBrook3902
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of MBrook3902
Yes, penguin has it. That's where I got mine.

MB
It takes 4 to 6 minutes for the brain to die without oxygen. I can fix anything in that amount of time.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3528 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I'm curious: Is anyone still using this? I pulled mine out of the back drawer and realize that I really don't use this anymore because of the reset issues. If you are using it, have you modified anything to make it easier to reset?
KJ
S-Branham
View Profile
Elite user
Lincoln, CA
456 Posts

Profile of S-Branham
I use mine once a night for that "special" performance. Michael Weber has a great tip on making a deck look sealed when it is not.

after I remove the cellophane, They can open the deck.

~Steve
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On 2014-02-18 02:22, 1KJ wrote:
I'm curious: Is anyone still using this? I pulled mine out of the back drawer and realize that I really don't use this anymore because of the reset issues. If you are using it, have you modified anything to make it easier to reset?
KJ

I have it and only used it a couple of times.If you have the EXTRACTOR there is a very good routine by Peter where you can do the same thing with an ordinary packet of card's ,with any card.
S-Branham
View Profile
Elite user
Lincoln, CA
456 Posts

Profile of S-Branham
Where would I get Peter's routine? Is it on the DVD that comes with it?
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On 2014-02-20 12:26, S-Branham wrote:
Where would I get Peter's routine? Is it on the DVD that comes with it?
Yes it is I have E2 in blue with 2 DVDs and I got an ordinary red one with 2 DVDs ,so I have 4 DVDs which I think both sets are more or less the same,never watched the gold ones'but sure they are?,hope this help's.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3889 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Yep, on the 2nd DVD, with a performance by Richard Bellars.
johnnyu
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of johnnyu
Just ordered FL from Penguin. I had to have it. I am so appreciative of Shawn chiming in as he is the reason behind me getting FL. I've watched his presentation over and over.
I've bought some of his other stuff but too bad he's not in on the market surge for the similar effect.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2320 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Apr 21, 2013, Shawn Farquhar wrote:
The delay is that I am working on a way to release the effect while still securing the secret. I am truly saddened to see the rampant theft of ideas using torrents, youtube and other sites. Yesterday I was directed to a site offering my entire Penguin lecture for free... quite sad. To see all my years of creation exposed to the general public, including my RSVP, which I had never shared in the past was distressing. I don't want to make this mistake again and will work hard to be as my Father said a Keeper of Secrets.

-shawn

Hi Shawn, I have a friend who wrote an engineering program and wanted to protect it. Not sure what he did, but he had it that if it was copied in any way including a backup, the program on the disk would automatically erase itself. Over the years many have tried to break the code without prevail. Perhaps this is something that might work for you.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
TCB
View Profile
Loyal user
I am so happy to be promoted because of my
210 Posts

Profile of TCB
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2013, paperinick wrote:
If it's any good as X-act this is a winner. I also hope this would push in a nice way Shawn to release his bold version....

X-act is kind of sitting in my drawer, because it didn;'t seem to get the reaction I thought it would. Maybe its too complicated for laymen to understand how difficult it is to count down to a number they picked
There Is No Revolution Without Evolution
Magicalos
View Profile
Veteran user
302 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
I have mark masons fully loaded, it is a great trick, everything about it is awesome! I just need to perform it more. Shawn the reason I bought fully loaded from mark is I saw your performance on P&T and it killed me! (also bought your penguin lecture-im a huge fan of yours!) I have heard that you might release your version (when you are good and ready) might I be able to get on a list to review it( pretty please Smile as if you don't have enough people clammering for this) or maybe get an early release? Smile let me know if you need anything from me ( money or otherwise ) thanks again everyone! look forward to hearing more about this from you Shawn it dropped off my radar for awhile!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Fully Loaded - signed card to sealed deck (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL