The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Trick Saurus - on a par with Ponta the Smith (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
kenedho
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of kenedho
dan the man
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of dan the man
Isn't this ponta himself?!
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Sure appears to be him yes.
mch64961
View Profile
New user
TN
82 Posts

Profile of mch64961
Its good but meh..
kenedho
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of kenedho
Quote:
On 2013-02-15 16:55, dan the man wrote:
Isn't this ponta himself?!

That should be Yota Fukuda not Ponta the Smith. But I could be wrong I don't read Japanese. The bottom line is, there are a handful of Japanese who are good at coins.

Kened
dan the man
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of dan the man
Well that may be the case, but I've pretty much only seen one guy with such smooth performances.. and that was ponta the smith.. I would be surprised, though! is Yota known in the japanese magic cummunity?
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4674 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Hope they give credit to me for the Wave change, the spellbound move I put out years ago, that many people are using without credit.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Octopus Sun
View Profile
Special user
Wiggle Wiggle
586 Posts

Profile of Octopus Sun
It's says it's Yota Fukuda on youtube
Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
View Profile
1988 - 2013
The Big Brother is watching you
1095 Posts

Profile of Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
Many Japanese people at French drop are very good and smooth. I swear they have some of the best magicians in the world working there. I'm working on another such project with French drop. Look at Mo in emperor, a coin and card hybrid DVD.a very smooth magician also.. I'll ask ponta and mottsun about that effect and see if we can or if it will be in English. Kevin
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1681 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
I don't like the spellbound, when the coin changes the hand moves down, you can tell that the hand moved
kenedho
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of kenedho
I actually like the spellbound most in the video. I imagine if executed right in front of lay audience this could make their jaws drop.

Kevin, how is Ponta's second project going? Is it close to publication?

Kened
Octopus Sun
View Profile
Special user
Wiggle Wiggle
586 Posts

Profile of Octopus Sun
Quote:
On 2013-02-16 20:10, pabloinus wrote:
I don't like the spellbound, when the coin changes the hand moves down, you can tell that the hand moved

You can see him tp the coin, the whole forward back down up thing is distracting. I'm not to impressed with the whole
DVD. If it's like the preview there on youtube ughhh. monotonous boring. There's much better work available to learn from.
I really haven't seen a Japanese Magi yet that impresses me, the stiffness, raised shoulders, unrelaxed bodies. seriously
watch these people closely with a non biased eye, you will see what I mean.
To each their own...
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2013-02-15 19:49, Michael Rubinstein wrote:
Hope they give credit to me for the Wave change, the spellbound move I put out years ago, that many people are using without credit.

That is the Spellbound move that I just haven't got down. I need to work on that. I have been doing Spellbound with an Ike Dollar and Sudbury Penny. I have half dollars in every metal, copper, gold, silver, plus the Chinese Coins. That multiple Spellbound is one I need to learn.

Doug
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
If you watch The Encyclopedia Of Coin Sleights, by Michael Rubinstein, you'll be amazed at just how many sleights this man can do! My gosh...the number of "click passes" is staggering! The variations on the Retention Pass alone, boggle the mind!

The question is, is this 3-DVD set for beginners? Good question. I don't know the answer to that. Ponta has a unique way of performing. A lot of coin workers would like to do his stuff. Getting good with the sleights taught on Michael Rubinstein's DVD's can prepare one for this advanced work.

Just a thought...

Doug
asherfox
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of asherfox
I am planning to buy a new click pass. The passess I am using are by bobo and williamson.
I know Ency of Coin Sleights Michael Rubinstein vol 3 taught many different click pass. However, doe the DVD talk abt trick?
If I want to learn a good click pass and some tricks. Which DVD should I go for? any of New York Coin Seminar ?

P.s. I don't like coin magic book.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Rubinsteins follow-up DVD is called "Knockout Coin Magic". It is there the sleights are put into routines.

Doug
View Profile
1988 - 2013
1095 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-02-16 20:30, kenedho wrote:
I actually like the spellbound most in the video. I imagine if executed right in front of lay audience this could make their jaws drop.

Kevin, how is Ponta's second project going? Is it close to publication?

Kened
it's not pontas own DVD. He told me he's been lazy and hasn't started it yet. He has a lot of new material for it. If I remember right, he told me his new vanish which is on mottsuns DVD monster, it would be on his DVD sick 2. Awhile back he asked me to name it for him, his next coin magi. DVD, but I couldn't say. He wanted something creative and I couldn't think of anything. I assume pontas new project is the one I'm working on now. I mean I think he's directing it. I need to ask them. The production is beginning soon. It has a long ways to go. Soon I will be helping out with the DVD. I'm thinking it will also be released in the USA. I can't say what DVD I'm working on, but it is on YouTube on French drops YouTube .
View Profile
1988 - 2013
1095 Posts

Trick Sarius has no English and will not be released outside of Japan. You will have to go to Japan to buy it. They do not ship overseas.
yota
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of yota
Hi, everyone. I'm Yota Fukuda.
Thank you for your candid opinions.
Judging from them, I have to practice and practice more...
However, because these videos in the DVD were recorded couple of years ago, I think that I get better at several techniques including presentation.

Quote:
On 2013-02-15 19:49, Michael Rubinstein wrote:

Of course. I've given credit to you for all techniques which you created and I used in the DVD.
I have participated in your lecture with David Roth in Japan. It was so good. Thank you.
itlust
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of itlust
@yota
any plan releasing this dvd for for countries outside of japan?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Trick Saurus - on a par with Ponta the Smith (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL