The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The February 2013 entrée: Diamond Jim Tyler » » Best Effects » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BrainMagos
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of BrainMagos
Hi Jim,

Major fan of your word hère.

I just wanted to know what you considered to be your most requested or audience pleasing/fooling Effects, Either from your material or others.
Thank you!

Brian
Diamond Jim
View Profile
V.I.P.
Diamond Jim Tyler
231 Posts

Profile of Diamond Jim
Brian,

Thanks for your question. I will respond at length soon. I'm getting ready now for a gig tonight where I'm working with belly dancers. Man I've got it rough! Smile
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
I can see where your focus is. Smile
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Diamond Jim
View Profile
V.I.P.
Diamond Jim Tyler
231 Posts

Profile of Diamond Jim
I will respond soon. This morning I hosted the Young Magicians of Dallas meeting in my home and now I'm preparing for a private party for tonight.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
This always happens when we have talented, working professionals.

Can't we get some club guys that have never performed a gig so we can learn from them?

Jim, congratulations on your career. We're all big fans and look forward to learning from you when you get a break.

LOVE your products on the market. Real worker stuff!
Diamond Jim
View Profile
V.I.P.
Diamond Jim Tyler
231 Posts

Profile of Diamond Jim
Thanks for the kind words. I do use many commercial effects when performing but I'd rather not say what they are. I use effects that pack small and play big. I prefer effects that fit in my pocket. I use effects that have almost instant reset. The only folks that get to see me do those things are the ones that hire me. I perform others routines but with my own jokes and twists. I prefer sleight of hand routines with cards, coins, rubber bands and borrowed objects. I like it to look like I can do magic with anything.

As far as routines of my own I perform often:
-fireball
-FBI trick
-collateral
-ring & string
-sweet
-pieces of eight
-birthday card
-many things from Bamboozlers
-hydro
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Had a lodge club date last week. Also, they booked a belly dancer. Meh! He wasn't any good.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
BrainMagos
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of BrainMagos
Thank you Jim. What is the difference however between Collateral and the Ring and String routine?
Diamond Jim
View Profile
V.I.P.
Diamond Jim Tyler
231 Posts

Profile of Diamond Jim
My ring and string routine was featured in my book Pockets Full of Miracles and on the DVD of the same name. the Collateral DVD features the ring and string routine with some new nuances. It also includes two leather laces. I did that in case they break one or more importantly one is light color and one is a dark color. So depending on what the performer is wearing they'll have a choice of laces for contrast.

Now Collateral is an ending to the ring and string routine that ties a nice bow on things to wrap it up.

The performer asks to borrow a mans wedding band.
The performer removes his own ring and places it in a small coin envelope and suggests that the helper place it in their own pocket as collateral.
A ring routine is performed and the ring vanishes.
The magician takes the envelope from the spectator and asks them to cup their hands together.
From inside the envelope the magician dumps out the SPECTATOR'S ring and the magicians ring is back on his finger.

Most ring and string routines are monotonous or predictable.
Collateral gives you a nice strong finish.

See this review and fast forward to 23:56

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQb-jlLzIUw&sns=em
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
I've always liked your New Age Spellbound.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Diamond Jim
View Profile
V.I.P.
Diamond Jim Tyler
231 Posts

Profile of Diamond Jim
Thank you Motown. I visited Motown for the first time when I was in Detroit last year and absolutely loved it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The February 2013 entrée: Diamond Jim Tyler » » Best Effects » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL