The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Bob Brown and Brenda (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
Quote:
On Jul 13, 2016, Pete Biro wrote:
Ray - I took the photo of Copperfield at the Beverly Hilton. David's parents, the Caveneys and one other, maybe Ali Bongo were seated at the table. David told me it was one of his favorite photos.

Missing on your list of people who where sitting at the table are Max Maven and Abb Dickson.

It's a great picture.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On Jul 14, 2016, Quentin wrote:
I was at the Magic Hands convention that Gallagher mentioned above and I remember Bob Brown's lecture on publicity. He would offer to buy hundreds of copies of a magazine if the magazine did a full story on him and especially have him on the cover.

Pete mentions him doing free shows in hotels. The trick he did to "prove his worth" was Francis Carlyle's Homing Card.

Magic Hands conventions were more than just conventions, they were events. There were two Bob Browns in magic. The other Bob worked for Magic Inc.

I was fortunate to know BOTH Bobs! I lectured in Bob's living room in Sacramento in '85. He was an excellent host!

I met the 'other' Bob at Magic Inc. We both worked a "convention" of the "Professionals Against Confidence Crime" (the "bunco squad!). Bob #2 had had a magic shop in Davenport Iowa.

I THINK that I remember, a THIRD, Bob Brown, but, can't recall where I met him.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
TomB
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan, USA
330 Posts

Profile of TomB
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
This performance of "Impaled" failed (awful timing!):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA3oFuKjT9I

Brenda sure was beautiful!

Doug
Nem
View Profile
New user
Florida
59 Posts

Profile of Nem
Anyone know who the buyer was of the auction piece?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Bob Brown and Brenda (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL