The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » My first feather flower act (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Great. I am glad you have the interest. I just want to tip you to purchase as soon as you can. The fees for feathers are rising fast. So the flower feather artist will have to charge more. The sooner you purchase the flower feathers, the more you will be satisfied.

I wish I purchased feather flowers a lot earlier. All these years I told myself "I am not going to spend a few hundred for a two second trick". Well, I found out I was wrong. It is not a two second trick. It last for years and years (when purchased from the pros). The more shows you do, the more your audiences are going to be pleased.

The best DVD to purchase when learning feather flowers is the lecture of Richard Hughes. The best feather flower book is "Feather Flowers from nowhere" by David Ginn.

And Bob, I do not want you to come back flaming at me, so do not purchase from any of the over seas knock-off companies. The quality is bad leaving the cost to be higher.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Absolutely Mike! Ya gets what ya pays for! There are "places to economize" but, not in this area. I have seen some DREADFUL flower production routines over the years. You want "OOOOHS and AHHHHS" NOT "EWWWWS and "UGHHS". Cheap, when it comes to a flash act, will look CHEAP to the audience. And, in the long run you'll spend MORE!

Horace Marshall's wife made the BEST FLOWERS IN THE BUSINESS, and RICHARD HUGHES has taken the flower making "ON BEYOND ZEBRA"!

When I produced a flower routine about 35 years ago, for a phone promotion tour, I used some Hughes "masterpieces". I did, because I had a couple, use a few of other makers flowers. The DIFFERENCE was AMAZING.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Scotty Walsh
View Profile
Loyal user
Ireland
207 Posts

Profile of Scotty Walsh
Dynamike

I've been following your posts for a couple of years now. I bought two vintage 11 bloom Marshalls about two years ago and another vintage beautiful 7 bloom from an unknown maker. Then, I picked up a used Abbott's Super Botania. I was really into Blackstone Sr.'s act -- at least, what I've been able to see of it.

Anyhow, still working/struggling on how to integrate the large bouquets into an act. I watched your square circle video a year or two ago and liked your work. Last night, I saw a newer video of yours with the two Flashy Tubs. Very nice work. I have dabbled enough with B*** L**** to know how much effort it takes. Congrats! When is the contest? Good luck, and compliments on your progress!

Maybe even a stack of fishbowls could integrate well into your garden as a finale.

All the best!
Scotty
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I am working on getting a stack of fishbowls with the Gywnne type release back on the market. Maybe by next year.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Thanks Scotty. The two contest I am planning to attend in next year are in April and August. The hardest part is the choreography.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I just now happen to run into this video. This is the third time I did the act years ago:
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
This is a photo of how my flower collection started off:

Now it looks like:

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
My second time doing my flower act years ago:

Thanks for the support from all of you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » My first feather flower act (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL