The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Question About Ammar's Coins Through Silk (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
CardStudent
View Profile
New user
Greer, SC
57 Posts

Profile of CardStudent
Is there anyone here who has performed this routine? If so, I have a question about the 3rd coin I would like to talk to you about via PM.
"Cards are the poetry of magic." J.N. Hofzinser
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Are you referring to the routine where he uses a clear silk that you can actually see the coins through the silk?
CardStudent
View Profile
New user
Greer, SC
57 Posts

Profile of CardStudent
Tbaer-

Yes I am. I have his "Easy to Master Money Miracles" DVD's, and I am running into a problem with the 3rd coin as I am trying to learn this routine. I cannot state exactly what the problem I am having is except in PM because I do not want to expose the method to those as yet unfamiliar with it.
"Cards are the poetry of magic." J.N. Hofzinser
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
CardStudent, I thought that might be the routine you were speaking of. I had those DVDs a long time ago. I'm not into coin magic like I was back then and sold most of my DVDs and coins. There are a lot of members who are into coin magic, so I'm sure someone will chime in and help you.
davidj40
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of davidj40
I've done this routine. Send me a pm with questions and I'll see if I can help.
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2896 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Someone else had put out a version on DVD, darned if I can remember who.
wandmgc8
View Profile
Regular user
Tennessee
140 Posts

Profile of wandmgc8
I have this routine on an old video tape of Michael's lecture at the Magic Castle. I don't perform in public, but, have done this several times, and, it's a very neat routine. It appealed to me right off the bat.

Michael
Akal Singh
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Akal Singh
I do this routine. Learned it on VHS and then from Michael a few years later.

It's elegant, beautiful, and magical!! Haller if you're still having trouble. Best!

-Akal Singh
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-02-18 19:04, Tom G wrote:
Someone else had put out a version on DVD, darned if I can remember who.

Nate Kranzo has a coin through silk routine on his Out Of The Box and Old School Kranzo DVD's.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
You should check out Dave Barry's Slicker Coins Through Silk in Ammar's Magical Arts Journal Book. It 's an improved handling.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
And I also have a One touch Handling In my Sound Routines Book!
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Michael Ammar published his routine for the first time in Encore III p 78

I know also of
Ross Burns. Apocalypse Vol 4 # 4 © April 1981 by Harry Lorayne p 469 Liquid Silver. The routine is done with four coins and a handkerchief, the last coin being passed thanks to a variant of the Gipsy Switch. The routine is not described using a sheer see through handkerchief but can easily be done with one

and another routine by (if my memory serves well) by Mike Powers using a shell. Nowadays a Flipper Coin or a TUC would offer extra possibilities

David Roth: Ultimate Coin Magic Collection DVD Vol 2 Three coins. Benzais friction palm for the first coin, Click Pass for the second, and then the silk is draped over the coin held between the right thumb and first finger into the performer’s hand. The left fingers come from the top and pinch the coin through the silk as the right thumb folds a tiny part of the silk behind the coin. The left fingers then pick up the front part of the silk to show the coin under the silk bringing that front part over the right forearm. Then grabbing both layers of the silk on the forearm the coin is covered again (it actually ends beneath the fold which the left fingers catch as the right hand twists the silk to isolate the coin. The spectator is asked to hand over his hand and grab the coin (as it is placed in the hand the performer starts to partially pull it out. The spectator is asked to turn his loose fist fingers up and the silk is tugged out of his hand.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
There is a version using the TUC found in "T.U.C. Appreciation" that is more visual than the original with several possible endings.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
Since we've taken to listing alternative routines with a similar premise, it would be amiss not to include Chris Power's three coin penetration routine using a see-through silk. The routine was inspired by Ammar's but is somewhat more direct.

It is taught in his Opus lecture notes.

Owen
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Chris Powers, yes, sorry for the confusion on the first name. His routine is a brilliant routine as well.
Thank you Owen.Daniel for the precisions
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
James Alan
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
680 Posts

Profile of James Alan
I did the routine for a few years. Michael also had two different endings, depending on what source you learned from.
James Alan

Magic & Martini | Blog | Facebook
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
Aha, Lawrence I hadn't even made the connection that this was the routine you meant. I did think it strange that nobody had pointed it out before me!

You can find footage of both Chris Power's and Michael Ammar's version on youtube... personally my preference is with Power's routine since there is less handling of the coins, and the entire routine looks beautifully fair. From memory it does not use any gimmicks (I will check when I get home this evening).

Owen
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
As a follow up to my previous post,

Indeed this routine does not use any gimmicks. Christ performs this with US dollar coins, and from my experience practicing with the routine I find this preferable to using halves, as the moves depend somewhat on the weight of the coins.

I cannot recommend this routine highly enough!

Owen
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
Of possible interest -- when I first saw this effect I did not know how it was done. Impressed, I played with it and figured out a way to do it with an EXP [ and was later surprised to learn that it was performed with no gaff. When I later added the modified effect for the TUC to the book it was based on my contrived method and not a modification of the Ammar Routine. Naturally, I gave credit to Ammar for the basic effect and referred readers to it for an "ungaffed" method.

even though I "created" the approach I used it never would have happened had I not seen his effect performed -- gossamer scarfs not being part of my garb.

When I met Michael at a lecture I told him of my innovation/variation and he asked for the ending I use. I purchased a copy of his routine when I learned it was ungaffed.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Is this routine available anywhere else other than in high-priced or rare sources?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Question About Ammar's Coins Through Silk (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL