The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Greatest moments in sports history (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2013-02-22 06:58, Vlad_77 wrote:

Poor Bill Buckner...

I just watched a 10-minute ESPN mini-documentary on Bill Buckner about how his error affected him and his family. I thought the most insightful moment was when Bill's wife was speaking about Bill going to throw out the first pitch at opening day ('04 or '05, I think), and there was at least 1 sign that said, "We forgive you, Bill." His wife found that galling, saying that Bill wasn't the one that needed to be forgiven, but rather many of the 'fans'.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
There's a story that must have been old when the 1000 Nights and a Night were written, about a young man who was so embarassed by his inadvertently passing wind due to his nervousness as he was brought in for his wedding, that he fled his village and made a poor life for himself in a far-away city. After many years have passed, he feels sure that his embarassment has been forgotten, and decides to make the long journey to visit his home. As he is crossing a bridge over a small river just outside his village, he sees a couple of young women washing their laundry in the stream. As he pauses to gaze at this peaceful scene, so reminiscent to him of the charming tranquility of his home, he hears one of the women say, "No . . . I am exactly 27 years old, because I was born in the year Hassan Ali f***ed."
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Larry Bird's look - away three point swish on the money ball at the shootout at all-star weekend. Awesome.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Greatest moments in sports history (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL