The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Looking for a C&B set which meets my needs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

chucklerich
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of chucklerich
I would like very much to Learn and competently perform the Cups and Balls. Last I had a set (about 7 years ago) the variety of cup style was not as expansive , or so it seemed to me. I would like very much to own a fine set that would look professional and would have a good weight and balance to them without costing a fortune. (is this even possible?) My hand, while not to much larger than average are a bit on the thick side and whatever set I get I would like to have it looks as if it belonged in my hands. I am interested in eventually getting a chop cup that matches precisely. I'm not sure wht else to say except I am happy to have found the forum and be able to discuss this wonderful art.
Dr. JK
View Profile
Special user
Greenville, South Carolina
898 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
Hey Chuck,

I think it would be hard to find cups that "fit" your hands without actually feeling them. So I can't really help you there. However, if you're looking for high quality cups at a reasonable price, you should check out Rings-n-things. If you browse the "Ever so sleightly" category for long, you can read a lot of reviews about their cups and other products. Good luck!
- Jeff
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1054 Posts

Profile of BCS
Hey Chuck...

Good luck finding a set of Cups... here is a search link from the Café regarding Cups and Balls...
http://tiny.cc/vrersw

RNT2 as recommended by Jeff is hard to beat... they have a 30 day return policy.

Here are some other links with many reviews...

http://www.cupsandballsmagic.com
http://www.cupscon.com/index.php?PHPSESS......8a01;www

Lots of reading... have fun!

Bruce
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1744 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
I always thought that the Charlie Miller or Ross Bertram or Phoenix design cups looked like they went well with large hands.

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4826 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Gary Animal has been selling Gazzo "Seconds" on Facebook. Keep an eye out, you might find a good deal.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
chucklerich
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of chucklerich
The set I had around 2005 had 1 inch red knit balls that fit/nested well within the cups.The rims on the cups were fairly thick and gave the impression of a solid set. Although I have used in the past aluminum sets with a finish in between satin and mirror, I am looking to get something in a warmer tone (copper/brass). Something like the shape of JES Original Squatty Cups on rnt2.com is what I used although the set I had was not as expensive or of the same quality. the shape and size were very natural feeling to me and seemed as if they "belonged" in my hands. not sure what size they were. I mention the above in hopes this will aid those interested in guiding me toward a new set.
Moonstone76
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
140 Posts

Profile of Moonstone76
Why not to go on Paul Fox cups? Even if you have large hands, I'm pretty sure you would be happy with them!
M for Magic
View Profile
Special user
678 Posts

Profile of M for Magic
@chucklerich:
Sent you a PM!
magic123
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of magic123
I recently purchases a Really nice set of Solid cupsin heavy copper fr. Michael Lee in NYc
( info@michaelleemagic.com.) they are hand made. and solid ., I'm pretty happy they were a good price
and I'm interested to get out this summer and do some street performing so I think there a good investment.

M123
M for Magic
View Profile
Special user
678 Posts

Profile of M for Magic
I have a set of RNT2 PF Copper cups plus accessories for sale in the marketplace. Great price too. Smile
Just Sean
View Profile
New user
Westland, MI
14 Posts

Profile of Just Sean
For a cheap set that is fairly decent I have a set these from magic makers
http://www.magicmakersinc.com/p-43-giant......ass.aspx
Sir Richard
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of Sir Richard
Quote:
On 2013-02-22 18:59, M for Magic wrote:
I have a set of RNT2 PF Copper cups plus accessories for sale in the marketplace. Great price too. Smile
"M", he doesn't have near enough posts to use the marketplace. BTW, where are they? I looked but couldn't find them.

Sir Richard.
"In the land of Murphy there is but ONE law!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Looking for a C&B set which meets my needs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL