The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPealing or APPalling? » » Magic Spider - My Pet Boris (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Jmolomagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Victorville
329 Posts

Profile of Jmolomagic
I used this wonderful app at my last gig and got the greatest freak out. She freaked out so bad I had to hold her. LOL! I just used my Jim Pace Spider that came with his effect. Thank you so much for creating this wonderful effect. Here is the video for those interested on the performance I did. https://www.facebook.com/JMoloMagic#!/ph......&theater
Jonathan Molo
360-989-6602
www.JonathanMolo.com
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1133 Posts

Profile of Salby
Any Updates to the ANDROID version of the Butterfly Effect????????????
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4784 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
As a magician I do not use magic apps too often, but am making an exception here. Smile

Ian has brought an old idea up to date and I appreciate the fact that it works perfectly with my iPhone 4S. I have not tried it on my iPad 2, but can see it being easier to work on the phone.
I'll add that the graphics are great and the app works flawlessly from my experience thus far.

I downloaded all three variations (Spider, Cockroach and of course the Butterfly) so I'm ready depending on the crowd, situation, etc (Don't want to kill granny off). Smile
In addition I received Ian's little kit in the mail and would recommend you pick this up as well. The box is small and can be easily carried in your pocket, plus the container holds everything you need.

I'm going to share something for those of you who are considering using the butterfly (I shared this with Ian as well).

While Ian does provide a very nice PDF which contains butterflies you can print out at home, I wanted something a bit better for my own use.

I searched around and found a great source for butterflies. Smile
Though they are sold in various combinations with several different butterfly types, they also sell packages with just Monarch's and they are perfect! (See photo of my wife displaying one)

The butterflies are manufactured by a company called Ashland.
You can find them online, but the best source here in California is the arts and crafts store Michaels
A package containing a dozen butterflies will run you less than $10.00 USD. To me, that's a bargain.

The butterflies were originally designed for floral arrangements so have a tiny wire is hooked to them. No worries, a quick clip with some scissors and it's a done deal.
One sticky dot later and you're ready to go! Smile

By the way, when you go into Michaels there are two seperate area's where butterflies are displayed. Some are in the floral area, but all the good ones seem to be in the back of the store for some unknown reason. Again, look around and you'll soon find them.

Anyways, a great app at a bargain price - Highly recommended!

Just my two cents. Smile

---
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1500 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
Just purchased and this is going to be so fun
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
Miraclemakers
View Profile
Special user
INA
666 Posts

Profile of Miraclemakers
One of the best magic app on store, I love the web and now I can perform similar effect with my tab.... GREAT.....
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1133 Posts

Profile of Salby
Any updates for the BUTTERFLY Version for ANDROID

???????????????????????????????
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
birdman69
View Profile
New user
Sydney, Australia
75 Posts

Profile of birdman69
@SteveBrooks:
Thanks for the tips on the butterflies from Michaels. I've tried to find them online but no joy as yet. They look like they are made from painted bird feathers with balsa wood bodies. I've found similar ones in craft stores here in Australia but a bulk pack of 12 for $10 is a bargain.

I have just released our own butterflies which I've custom made using a photo of the actual butterfly used in the animation. These butterflies have PVC wings and a black plastic body with fine antenna. The underside is skin tone so it wont flash when you load it and have been made small enough to easily palm 75mmx50mm (3"x2"). The pack comes with a small disk magnet to stick to the back of your phone and a tiny rod magnet and green foil to make the egg used in the effect. There is also a bulk pack for the professional magician with 20 butterflies and 3 sets of magnets/foil. See our website store at http://www.mypetboris.com/store.htm

I'm still working on the Android version of the butterfly effect (for those who are waiting patiently) which I hope will be finished shortly. I am just working on the in-app purchase and also how to deliver the additional content properly.

Cheers Ian
http://www.mypetboris.com

Click here to view attached image.
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1252 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
Eagerly awaiting Android version of the "butterfly effect". Looks great!
Krazyjay
View Profile
Loyal user
One hand typed all
265 Posts

Profile of Krazyjay
So how many of you perform with the spider. I find the spider too real and scary in it self. I tried this on my girlfriend and she ripped her hand back as soon as the spider appeared on the screen.
Florida
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Florida
@Birdman - AMAZING APP - The only app I have ever paid for and I am glad I did!

Purchase:
I purchased the app yesterday along with the Propack off of your website. I found the large roll of 3D dots on Amazon so I should have plenty of dots for a long time coming.

Trying it out at home:
I found a hard plastic cockroach at home and used some duct tape last night on my wife. (I will wait for your Propack to come in for outside performance) Nonetheless, the load was effortless, she was already nervous with the roach on the screen, and when she waived her hand over the phone she flipped and then laughed for 5 minutes. My kids had the same reaction.

Suggestion:
I found the pic below on Google by searching for camera setting screenshot. I have set this as my prefered screen. This allows me to explain what is about to happen without drawing a lot of attention to the phone, as the spectator just thinks I have opened my camera app to take a picture of their hand. This was great on my wife as she was not expecting anything out of the normal to happen as I explained I was merely taking a picture of her hand (which corresponded to what she saw on the screen which was the camera function)

I hope the Propack comes quickly, as I am finding the anticipation building to try this out on some friends and co-workers.

The only disappointment was the butterfly not being part of the Android purchase. However, I understand it has been in the works for the past 6 months, and hopefully will upgraded on my app soon!

If there is one thing I can tell anyone reading this post - BY THIS APP! You will not be disappointed! It's AMAZING and FUN!

Phil

Click here to view attached image.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4784 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Ian, with the new IOS.7 upgrade from Apple, the iPhone screen has a new look.

That said, the graphic you provide of the iPhone screen will no longer fly as it were (the one that shows when the app begins to run but the spectator thinks they see a normal iPhone screen).

Any plans to provide a new updated graphic?

Thanks Ian. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
birdman69
View Profile
New user
Sydney, Australia
75 Posts

Profile of birdman69
Quote:
On 2013-10-01 00:45, Steve Brooks wrote:
Ian, with the new IOS.7 upgrade from Apple, the iPhone screen has a new look.

That said, the graphic you provide of the iPhone screen will no longer fly as it were (the one that shows when the app begins to run but the spectator thinks they see a normal iPhone screen).

Any plans to provide a new updated graphic?

Thanks Ian. Smile

Hi Steve,

It is intended that you can create your own startup screens Steve. The one that comes with the app is just an example.
If you are referring to a screen shot of the iphone home screen then you can just take a screenshot of your own home screen and set that as your startup screen.

With iOS you may wish to zoom in a little and take a second screen shot so you don't end up with two status bars at the top.

If you are referring to the screen with AUGMENTED REALITY and the 3D iphone then this is available from our facebook page. You are free to download this graphic and alter it any way you like. Also feel free to send me an suggested graphics and I'll load them onto our facebook page as well.

Cheers Ian
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Birdman69 Pm sent
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
Mr. Marko
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Mr. Marko
I do not have this as of yet, so I am confused as to what pictures and screens must be patched in order to use the app with iOS7. I probably won't buy now for this reason. However, if the app is ever re-released with the iOS7 graphics already in place, then I will buy. IMHO, asking the buyer to perform the update, if apparently so easy, should obviously be just as easy for the creator to implement. Especially if Steve Brooks says it should be so. For the existing users, the creator's post above seems adequate.
birdman69
View Profile
New user
Sydney, Australia
75 Posts

Profile of birdman69
The Butterfly effect is now available as an in-app Purchase within the Magic Spider App for Android. If you haven't already done so, UPDATE your Android app to V 1.7.2 and then you will be able to purchase the butterfly effect. Cost for the Butterfly In-App is $2.99

Butterflies, magnets, foil and adhesive dots are available from our website store: http://www.mypetboris.com/store.htm or your local magic shop.

@Steve: The App works correctly on all versions of iOS from iOS 4.3 and up. Including iOS 7. So not sure what you are referring to unless it is the custom startup screen that you have been using with the picture of the iPhone 4. The screen that comes standard with the app does not have a picture of an iPhone so it should not be out of place. If I'm missing your point please email me at: support@mypetboris.com
Doug Follett
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of Doug Follett
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Would this play well with the larger size screen, or would the part where the finger goes under the screen look distorted?

Thanks for any feedback.

Doug
bluesmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of bluesmagic
This app is fantastic Smile
Wardy
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
191 Posts

Profile of Wardy
Love this app! Absolutely killer.
khuzhai
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of khuzhai
Love this app. only wish that the camera app has a setting to make it look like an iphone camera
AustinKay
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of AustinKay
Hey. I just purchased the app and I have to say it has become my favorite!!!

I just would like to point out some things that should be considered to improve it. I use a samsung grand prime.

1.There should be a card revelation with the cockroach too. I like the cockroach more than the spider, it's given me great reactions and I would love to have the revelation routine with the cockroach too.

2.The card that you select as a prediction shouldn't appear on the main screen at all.

other than that, the app is amazing and by far the most creative magic app out there. If you haven't tried it, get it and use it once, you'll love the reactions.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPealing or APPalling? » » Magic Spider - My Pet Boris (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL