The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Vortex by Dan Harlan (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic

Dan Harlan has a new release out.

"A spectator selects a card while the magician displays the card along with another of the same value. the two become visually connected, stuck in a strange time warp"

Trailer and description here:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3218

RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4606 Posts

Profile of RNK
Great idea! Reminds me of the effect Spun Out but using a little mental ploy with two cards.

RNK
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Dan's routine was typical Harlan. There have been gimmicks where the card morphs, but Dan worked it into a wonderful hypnotizing/revelation of the card they're thinking of. The clean-up looked so good. The 5 of D was showing...he returned the queens to their natural state and...the 5 of D was still showing. It's those little things that make big differences.

Zombie
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
This is what will set you apart from every other magician out there. I want it.
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm building a fence with
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
Sweet!
oliversmith
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of oliversmith
Wow. Just wow. Dan is now one of my favourite magicians. I loved Card-toon but I haven't brought any other trick by Dan. This looks really cool. I love the presentation and the price. Thanks Dan!
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2460 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Such a great idea! So pretty! Bravo sir Harlan, bravo!
JM
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Just placed my order. I honestly believe that this kind of thing will make you different from other "magicians" in your area. This doesn't look like a fake card. It looks like a moment of real impossibility. Especially since they examine both queens immediately afterwards. I'll be sure to post a review.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5269 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Ordered. Doesn’t take a whole lot of thought when I am considering effects by Dan... Smile

Jim
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4824 Posts

Profile of gdw
I like the visual.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
834 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
I second what Zombie said. The routining here is just great. I've run through the mechanics and it seems pretty simple, so I'll probably get this as I can see myself performing this one. I also like that you get 4 gimmicks. Looks great, Dan!
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Like it!
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5836 Posts

Profile of motown
You can always count on Dan.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
A bit confused! I like Dan's stuff!
I clicked on link above to watch. It kept stopping!Got tired of trying to watch it!
I googled Dan Harlan Vortex,first link came up is..."Vortex by Dan Harlan Discontinued Product" and linked to penguin!
So,is this a re-release, & not a new effect?

The above link takes you to penguin,and says they have it,and some of you are posting ordered.
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
magicmalk
View Profile
New user
Northern California
73 Posts

Profile of magicmalk
That is amazingly cool. Nice work Dan. Just ordered from Penguin.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1899 Posts

Profile of ted french
Godzilla this is a new product and it is awesome. Dan Harlan is my favorite creator and this new release does not disappoint. I think this will go in the category of classic Harlan Effects like Cardtoon, Crazy 8's and more. I was at the shoot and the reactions we got for this were really strong.
P3
practice practice perform.
DanHarlan
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ohio
944 Posts

Profile of DanHarlan
Quote:
On 2013-02-22 00:58, Godzilla wrote:
I googled Dan Harlan Vortex,first link came up is..."Vortex by Dan Harlan Discontinued Product" and linked to penguin!
So,is this a re-release, & not a new effect?

Apparently when putting the item on their site, it was switched from one location to another. A simple electrodesign oversight, no big deal. Correct link is as given: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3218
Thanks to everyone for the kind comments and words of encouragement. I'm thrilled with how well Vortex turned out and I know you'll get a lot of use out of it.
--Harlan
Visit My Site @

www.danharlanmagic.com
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
I ordered but haven't received any email confirmation.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6896 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Man, this is just pure awesomeness. I love it.
TRI-EFFECTA: Three Close Up Card Miracles now available! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/tri-effecta.html
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2259 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Love it, what a great idea.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Vortex by Dan Harlan (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL