The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Vortex by Dan Harlan (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
DanHarlan
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ohio
944 Posts

Profile of DanHarlan
Roger--
Sorry to say, but it's unlikely that Tally Ho gimmicks will be made, but honestly I think (due to the nature of the effect) you could get away with using one of the existing gimmicks with a Tally Ho deck and no-one would notice. If you're really particular, you might try using a red (or blue) Sharpie to touch up the corners a bit so they're not so obviously Bikes or Phoenixes (Phoenices? Phoenii? No, I was right... Phoenixes!).
--Harlan
Visit My Site @

www.danharlanmagic.com
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
854 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
Vortex arrived a couple of days ago and I gotta say this is one heck of an illusion. Very visual. Tried it out today on my magician buddy and got that wide open eyes look of wonder and amazement. Money well spent.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
DanHarlan
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ohio
944 Posts

Profile of DanHarlan
Thanks Barry! Of everything I've ever created, I feel Vortex gets the best reactions based purely on its visual aspect. I would say best reactions since I first dabbled in rubber bands! And, Vortex is a lot easier than most of my rubberband stuff!
--Dan Harlan
Visit My Site @

www.danharlanmagic.com
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
13629 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Ok. I'm sold! I'm gonna order this. Great mystery of the universe: How is it possible for one man to consistently come up with hit after hit of great effects?

Dan is that man!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
13629 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Really? That's good news. I have been debating whether to order from Penguin, or directly from the man himself.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
13629 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I went for it. I placed my order directly from Dan.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4159 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Just got to say, this is such a weird but beautiful illusion!

I did this 16 separate times today, each time killed.

I keep the two queens and the thing in the box and have them hold the box and go into the presentation. That way I can do whatever routines I want and go straight into it. I'm keeping Vortex in my sets. Great job, Dan Harlan!
DanHarlan
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ohio
944 Posts

Profile of DanHarlan
Awesome! Always great to hear from somebody else who's giving this a workout.
--Harlan
Visit My Site @

www.danharlanmagic.com
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
The Penguin Magic Review, Episode #2, featured Dan's Vortex:

http://youtu.be/mOkNH8gtXeM?t=32s
ricklaxmagic
View Profile
Special user
West Bloomfield, Michigan
678 Posts

Profile of ricklaxmagic
Here's a better shot of the two-card VORTEX handling. Great if you just want to carry two cards in your wallet with you and still do the trick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZevIoLjeKuA

And if you have any other questions about anything you see in the Review Show (or anywhere else), just let me know, and I'll try to make a video for ya.

Thanks again for watching, gang!
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4159 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Love it, won't use it as I adore the ability to hand the two queens at the end. But a very well done idea. The thought process as per the Penguin Magic Review about the deck hiding something was very "meh-gician" thinking to me.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Ricklaxmagic, thanks for filming that ( it was very funny ). Your handling looked REALLY good.

Carrying it in the wallet, it could make a great sobriety test. Anyone worried if they want to see the cards, just say "I'm sorry, not in your condition" and just put them away. You could also carry 2 dupes in the wallet. Alter the back of one of them with a Sharpie and watch their eyebrows go up and down trying to figure it out.
ricklaxmagic
View Profile
Special user
678 Posts

Profile of ricklaxmagic
Fair enough--the thought that something might be concealed in the whole deck might be running where we're not being chased, but glad you enjoyed the handling nonetheless. Smile

Quote:
On 2013-10-22 00:10, Blindside785 wrote:
Love it, won't use it as I adore the ability to hand the two queens at the end. But a very well done idea. The thought process as per the Penguin Magic Review about the deck hiding something was very "meh-gician" thinking to me.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3262 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Looks awesome, a very nice mimi illusion.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
16915 Posts

Profile of joseph
A great illusion..easy to do..great price..5 swirling stars out of 5 .. Smile ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
DanHarlan
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ohio
944 Posts

Profile of DanHarlan
Rick--
Great idea! I like what you've done with Vortex. And, the "sobriety test" angle suggested by Zombie is perfect. That's one of the things I love most about coming up with new magic effects... seeing the wonderful directions that other creative people take them!
--Harlan
Visit My Site @

www.danharlanmagic.com
ricklaxmagic
View Profile
Special user
678 Posts

Profile of ricklaxmagic
Quote:
On 2013-10-22 00:26, Zombie Magic wrote:
Ricklaxmagic, thanks for filming that ( it was very funny ). Your handling looked REALLY good.

Carrying it in the wallet, it could make a great sobriety test. Anyone worried if they want to see the cards, just say "I'm sorry, not in your condition" and just put them away. You could also carry 2 dupes in the wallet. Alter the back of one of them with a Sharpie and watch their eyebrows go up and down trying to figure it out.

LOVE this...sobriety test...perfect contextualization
plink
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of plink
Just did this table hopping tonight with a Halloween theme. Two sisters that decided to dress up as a tornado and went back to being themselves after Halloween. Lots of fun, well received.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5260 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2013-10-22 23:45, plink wrote:
Just did this table hopping tonight with a Halloween theme. Two sisters that decided to dress up as a tornado and went back to being themselves after Halloween. Lots of fun, well received.

Cute! Nice thinking! How did your audience like that take on it?

Thanks!

Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Vortex by Dan Harlan (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL