The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Devil's Radio Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jamiesalinas
View Profile
Special user
Houston
728 Posts

Profile of jamiesalinas
What is it? It is a "G405T 80X" or "Fr@nk5 80X" built to communicate with the dead. If you are not familiar with what that is, do a google search. I have purposely disguised the real name to hide this from the search engines as this is an open forum.

For more information, see:
http://www.subversivecircuits.co.uk/the-devils-radio/

First of all, this is a tool that "Real Ghost Hunters" use to communicate with the dead. I have seen first hand how investigators use this type of technology and believe that it is real. I am not here to debate whether this is real or not or whether the use of electronics is a good idea in your seances but I will tell you that from my experience, this is something that a ghost investigator would use.

First of all, I live in America and these are being made in England so there is a longer time period for delivery for me. The advertised unit will produce the "voices" while the radio is not scanning. I liked the idea but preferred the unit to produce the voices as the radio was in scan mode. Jon Thompson, the builder of these devices agreed to make my requested change for me. The radio arrived in a few weeks after payment was made as mine was a custom build and it had to be shipped to the US.

Upon receiving the package, the first impression I had was that the radio is smaller than I expected. It is about the same size a a Radio Shack radio that I modified to operate as a "G405T 80X". At first, I was a little disappointed with the size but after adding the batteries and powering up the radio, I was no longer disappointed as the radio can get very loud for a good size seance. The proof of how effective this will be in an actual seance. Unfortunately, the radio did not arrive in time for my multiple presentations of my "Jack the Ripper" seances that I conducted last week. This will definitely go into my seances and I expect that it will get some great reactions. After I use this in an actual performance with a real audience, I will post an update on how effective it is.

The modifications are done very well and I expect that this will last a long time. If you conduct seances, ghost walks/tours, or any kind of ghostly encounters, you will want to take a look at this product.

Jamie Salinas
Jamie Salinas
Circusman
View Profile
Special user
Kent, England.
555 Posts

Profile of Circusman
I have this radio and think it is a great device.

I do agree though, it would be better if the voices were heard in scanning mode. But, then again, would people really notice, or is it that I'm just too aware of this pitfall in the design ?
Who knows, but it still truely a superb item !
jamiesalinas
View Profile
Special user
Houston
728 Posts

Profile of jamiesalinas
Jon can make them where the radio is in scan mode. This is how I had mine made.

JS
Jamie Salinas
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
I am a North American distributor for the radio. I have them in stock and ready to ship.

http://www.geminiartifacts.com
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Had considered this cool little G405T 80X, but not as it has been made to work in non scan mode to hear "G405T5 chattering". I like that you can request it to modified to "speak" in scan mode. Was there an up charge for the mode ?

Will look forward to your further review in a real performance, peoples reactions & if they believe it's real.
Circusman
View Profile
Special user
Kent, England.
555 Posts

Profile of Circusman
Yes Jamie, but I've already got it in my posession.
Although I've still to try it out in reality, I still don't think that the sitter(s) would even notice that it wasn't scanning.
Perhaps I'm wrong. But just as Outlaw's %ark &awn *arot, or %arnie, cannot be quickly dealt, I think it's the end result of the Radio that matters to the sitter(s) rather than noticing a lack of scanning.
Any thoughts on this anyone ?
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Circusman, I would have to agree with you though, I guess unless your doing it in front of other gh0st hunters, the average person would not know it was supposed to be in scan mode to hear things.......the average person even watching those shows don't know really anything of it intended op other than it's used to hear voices. I guess I would rather have the mod done in case someone is familiar with the box & that it should be in scan mode.....IMPO

I guess you could have it in scan mode, pretend to hear something & you then "set it" in a non scan mode to the channel you "think you heard it" on & then let it do it's thing.....? That's how I would probably play it if I had the standard non mod unit.
Circusman
View Profile
Special user
Kent, England.
555 Posts

Profile of Circusman
Good idea, but not possible as the *witch (on mine anyway) is inside behind &*atteries. The back would have to be removed and these taken out and replaced.
What a pity the *witch hadn't been put on the outside somewhere.
jamiesalinas
View Profile
Special user
Houston
728 Posts

Profile of jamiesalinas
It is activated by the switch and the position of the radio. You should be able to pick it up as if you heard something, then set it down in the proper position.

JS
Jamie Salinas
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Perhaps after having it scan mode for a bit, you could say something along the lines of it may need new batteries as the gh05ts are known to drain batteries ( as happens on gh05t hunter shows on tv ) & you need to pop in some fresh ones may help tune into the sp*r*t world better.......with that being the chance to replace with "new" batteries & secretly flip *witch. Turing it back on in non scan mode , then do as jamiesalinas says & continue to use as intended setting in down in activated "on" mode to hear "them"........
Circusman
View Profile
Special user
Kent, England.
555 Posts

Profile of Circusman
Good idea Merlinsmagic, I pretty well think that would work !

I never gave it a thought to do it that way. I really think that's a very good idea !

Thanks a lot for sharing it, I'm sure it will be valuable info to others too. I really like this item a lot.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Happy to contribute as I can Smile effects/props like this need a little outside the b0x thinking....& I seem to be pretty outside the b0x myself....LoL
Circusman
View Profile
Special user
Kent, England.
555 Posts

Profile of Circusman
Me too ! LOL !

It's also great to have something that uses 'normal' batteries as well.
I have some *eance gear that uses batteries that I've never even heard of - let alone seen.
Thank goodness for the big auction board where I found one supplier of weird sizes.

Thanks again Merlinsmagic for the 'outside-the-box' info.
Jon_Thompson
View Profile
Inner circle
Darkest Cheshire
2404 Posts

Profile of Jon_Thompson
Just to let you know that Subversive has just taken delivery of a big shipment of radios to be made into Devil's Radios well in time for Halloween.

http://www.subversivecircuits.co.uk/#!pr......7s-radio
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Devil's Radio Review (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL