The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Hug by Nefesch (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..26~27~28~29~30..37~38~39 [Next]
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Quote:
On 2013-04-20 21:59, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-04-20 18:05, tomsk192 wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-04-20 08:55, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-04-19 18:54, tomsk192 wrote:
If the effect really meant something to Nefesch, then he was silly to put it out. It's a ****ing body illusion.

If it catches on in the school playground, he's ****ed; if it doesn't then okay.

Again, I recommend Lennart Green.

Silly to put it out? What?!?! I cant believe the posts on here. If that was the case I don't think a lot of tricks would be released. don't you think EVERY effect that's original means something to the creator? And for the rest of you blaming JM for the price hike - really??? Wow how the Café is truly detiorating. Sad.
RNK

I'm sorry you see me in the role of so much dry rot. I remember learning many "body illusions" in the school playground. Perhaps this was an uncommon experience.

How does my post have any relation to insinuating you as dry rot? WOW! My post talks about when a creator invents an effect- I'm sure it means something to them. How do you get anywhere near the thought that my post means, "Tomsk192- your post is dryrot!". Seriously?

RNK

I was making a metaphor based on you saying that the Café is deteriorating, nothing more.
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1108 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
Quote:
On 2013-04-21 12:50, BatsMagic wrote:

David Blaine could NEVER pull this off.

Didn't he do the twisting arm illusion on TV? Can't see why he wouldn't then be able to pull this off as it's in the same ball park.
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
In my opinion, it takes a much more upbeat type of personality to pull it off than Blaine has.

Only an opinion.

:bat:
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7529 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2013-04-22 08:49, BatsMagic wrote:
In my opinion, it takes a much more upbeat type of personality to pull it off than Blaine has.

Only an opinion.

I do agree. But IMO, in general- any magic performed with energy is much better received than magic performed with less energy. I have seen to many monotone performances by magicians that just makes you want to go to sleep and lose interest very quickly......

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
True, RNK.

I'm not a boring performer, but I cannot approach Nefesch's level of enthusiasm, and that's what makes "Hug" work for him. He is like the Richard Simmons of magic!

RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7529 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2013-04-22 14:25, BatsMagic wrote:
True, RNK.

I'm not a boring performer, but I cannot approach Nefesch's level of enthusiasm, and that's what makes "Hug" work for him. He is like the Richard Simmons of magic!

lol! Havn't heard that name in a while!
tonysamos1
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of tonysamos1
Just noticed this for sale on Penguin at a better price point.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S15272
mcvicarthetrickster
View Profile
Regular user
St. Louis, MO
116 Posts

Profile of mcvicarthetrickster
I've also seen this at other sites for sale at a lower price. Why was the preorder $50?
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Yea I'm pretty ticked now...I ended up paying $60 on pre-order for something that -once released- is now selling for $33... that's not right at all. I feel extremely conned at this point.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Glad I stayed away from this one. 19 pages of bad reviews. 60 dollar pre order and now you can get it for under 40. This is worse than SSS.
Magic is great
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Magic is great
Quote:
On 2013-04-25 16:51, Magic.Maddy wrote:
Yea I'm pretty ticked now...I ended up paying $60 on pre-order for something that -once released- is now selling for $33... that's not right at all. I feel extremely conned at this point.

Wow - can't say I blame you for feeling that way. I would feel like that as well. Not a good argument for pre-order in my opinion...
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:

that sucks mate. It's nearly half price!!
smarke
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of smarke
Yes, I pre ordered too. This just adds insult to injury. I have assumed the lotus position, and am now chanting "Bad Nefesch, Bad Nefesch"
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7529 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2013-04-25 17:17, MR Effecto wrote:
Glad I stayed away from this one. 19 pages of bad reviews. 60 dollar pre order and now you can get it for under 40. This is worse than SSS.

Not all bad reviews. I think Hug is an excellent impromptu illusion. I really do. I just wish I could do it.. Smile

RNK
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
If you want, I can buy you dvd for $20, it's almost like you bought it in pre order:-)
I m joking, I agree, it's sad!
Maybe you'll have a voucher from nefesh for his next release:-)
"Hello kitty"
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
I should say:

"Ahahahahahaha

ahahaha

ahahahahahahahahahha

ahahahahahaha"

But I wouldn't dream of doing so.
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
611 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
Quote:
On 2013-04-25 18:29, smarke wrote:
Yes, I pre ordered too. This just adds insult to injury. I have assumed the lotus position, and am now chanting "Bad Nefesch, Bad Nefesch"

Guys:
The price for the HUG DVD was $45.00 USD on presale, and now it is still $45.00 USD (plus shipping)
It is known that Penguin offer their own discounts on MANY (Not only HUG) products affecting the market.
HUG DVD is being distributed by Murphys Magic Supplies who clearly show on their site that the retail price should be $45.00
Unfortunately it is NOT on my hands to do anything regarding Penguin's discounts.

Having said that:
I understand the hustle, and I am a person that doesn't like letting people down.
And this will NOT be the exception.
I am preparing something special for all the people that preordered HUG from me.
I will contact soon all the costumers that preordered HUG.

Just please understand that I have NOT change the price of the product at any moment, and that I am doing this because I care of you.

Hugs

Nefesch
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Quote:
On 2013-04-25 17:17, MR Effecto wrote:

Really only about 2 pages of mixed reviews. The rest was a lot of anger at the marketing technique.

Quote:

But this is something you like and will use for the next 50 years. At $1 a year, that's a bargain for something that will be a staple of your act for quite a long time!

Hopefully we all learned something from this amazing experience. I know I did!

Believe me, I did!

tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Smile

Gotta love you Bats
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Thanks, tomsk! I certainly try to be loved!

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Hug by Nefesch (15 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..26~27~28~29~30..37~38~39 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL