We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » A disappointment that's led to questioning! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20323 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The fact is if you are a working pro you have bad nights. Try working 6 nights a week for decades. You have plenty of them.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Muzz
View Profile
Regular user
171 Posts

Profile of Muzz
I hear you Danny but this performance was exceptionally bad, unplanned, unadvertised and unanimously unsatisfactory. This was not simply a bad night it was a travesty and as far as I was concerned - and my other course delegates - an expensive one...
socalmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
267 Posts

Profile of socalmagic
This is why it takes guts to be a hypnotist. You can do magic or mentalism no matter how bad the crowd, but hypnosis is completely dependant on your audience. I went to the Jerry Valley Hypnosis course about 13 years ago. I already had a strong background in hypnosis, but hadn't taken the plunge into stage shows. The course gave the confidence to do it. For the first several years, I would fully disclose to clients with smaller groups that I may not get any subjects far enough under, and in that case I would do a magic show instead. I never needed to do that.

Personally, when I have a tough crowd I will do more waking hypnosis and low level suggestions that don't require too deep of a state to induce. I also like to use sound effects to magnify the suggestions. Often times the waking hypnosis and low level suggestions will lead to a deeper hypnosis in your subjects.

The big thing is that most people will not know it's a bad show. I just did a show on Sunday night that was not that great, It was for an othodox Jewish group, and it had tons of restrictions. I couldn't touch the women, have anyone dance, or refer to any body parts below the neck (like losing your butt or belly button). It was a challenging show, but I was able to get four people deep enough to respond to low-level suggestions, and that was amazing for them to see their otherwise straighlaced friends cutting loose.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
I heard this story from someone else who was there. Quite frightening really. Although I wouldn't normally cancel with only 20 in a normal situation I think I'd have wanted to in this case with 40% of the audience being my students. I don't think I've ever heard of that before.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20323 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Well so much of what is presented here even is guys who have delusions and redefine what hypnosis is to fit the results they get.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » A disappointment that's led to questioning! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL