The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Murray Hatfield Lecture - March 21 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

threecardmonte
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of threecardmonte
Murray Hatfield will be lecturing for the Magic Masters of Chicago in Tinley Park on Thursday, March 21, 2013 at 7:30. Admission is $15.00. (Free for members of Magic Masters)

As always, the lecture will be held in the social hall of United Methodist Church located at 6875 W. 173rd Pl. in Tinley Park, IL.

Murray has thrilled audiences in numerous countries around the world – taking his magic to such diverse locations as Israel, Cyprus, England, Mexico, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand and Japan. He has even entertained in the most northerly community on the globe (just 200 km south of the North Pole) and on Luxury Cruises in every corner of the globe. He is a regular headliner at the famed Magic Castle in Hollywood and has appeared in the “It’s Magic” show as well as at many national and international magic conventions. He is a lecturer, writer, creator, producer and director and has won numerous awards for his work including being named “Magician of the Year” by the Canadian Association of Magicians. In 2009 he was honored with a Presidential Citation by the I.B.M. for his work.

The Lecture

This is a lecture that truly has something for everyone. It covers Murray’s theory of the Five Basic Elements of Building a Show. It applies to any type of show from a close-up show to a full on stage show. He uses effects out of his repertoire to illuminate the various elements. These effects include everything from close-up and card work to stage effects as well. He also covers ideas, tips, thoughts and theories based on 25 years of touring with a full scale illusion show. All of this is with lots of interaction, humor and fun!

Many of the effects he demonstrates are able to be done without buying anything and the rest are available following the lecture. He has two pieces that he hopes to have ready for the lecture that are signature effects directly from his show that he’s held off making available for many years.

All of the effects that he teaches and/or sells are directly out of his show and not just tricks he’s creating in order to sell. The close-up effects are ones he has used in both his strolling and stage shows (with camera and projector). And the stage effects are some of his favorite “in-one” pieces that have been performed for audiences of two to three thousand people. Anyone of any skill level will walk away from this lecture with useable material and a lot of ideas on how to take the effects and routines that they already perform and craft them into a stronger more compelling show. He is also very open to questions and thoughts from the attendees and will happily delve into anything in my experience that people might wish to discuss.

Testimonials

“We truly appreciated the effort you put into the production of the show. This was far above and beyond what we normally see at a lecture. Everyone commented on how wonderful it was to see simple, straight forward magic effects that have such a big impact.” – Scott Hood, President I.B.M. Ring #49

“Given the diverse makeup of the club, I think the lecture offered a good mix for everyone. There were simple items that could be learned relatively quickly combined with practical theory that professionals could use to enhance the quality of their existing shows.” – James Allen, President I.B.M. Ring #17

“His presentation of the lecture was most entertaining, funny/serious, informative and enjoyed by all attendees. His lecture covers a broad spectrum of magic and the learning brought forth helped both the novice and most experienced magicians of the club.” – Rob Lavergne, President I.B.M. Ring #151

Once again, Murray Hatfield will be lecturing for the Magic Masters of Chicago in Tinley Park on Thursday, March 21, 2013 at 7:30. Admission is $15.00. (Free for members of Magic Masters)

As always, the lecture will be held in the social hall of United Methodist Church located at 6875 W. 173rd Pl. in Tinley Park, IL. Hope to see you there!

http://themagicmasters.com/?p=166
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Murray Hatfield Lecture - March 21 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL