The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » That time of year again (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
I got my letter from the USDA today, informing me that my rabbit license is coming up for renewal again. I just want to remind any magicians that are using rabbits in their shows, that they are suppose to have a license from the USDA to do this.
There is a $40.00 fee for this if you have 5 rabbits or less, plus you will need to have your rabbits inspected by a vet, plus an inspection by a USDA agent.
I find the whole process somewhat painless.
In my area though, there are only a couple of vets that handle rabbits, so I suggest you call a vet first to see if they handle rabbits.
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Profile of tropicalillusions
Just got a letter stating that I just need to write to or e-mail the specific region of mine and provide a listing of appearances I will be at for public inspections. We have issues a lot of when we can get an inspection here at home since our animals are housed inside the home in their own back room, We are not at home a lot to recieve the surprise inspection, Our local Inspector is well aware of this and instead of raising a stink about it, they work very well with us just to insure we take care of our animal family. They gat in touch with our vet and they know then that the critter is getting his vet visits. Very easy to work with. The only folks that will get a hard time with the usda is those that have roadside zoos and are breeding heavily and selling. this is where the issues stem from with the usda. So we can thjank those roadside zoos for having to deal with this. Although this is a good thing for our pets and animal family to ensure their health. Even Dave S, from here has seen some bad animal housing conditions and he has rescued. Although he does not utilize them in the shows, he does care for his critters. Wish we had more like these guys. And believe me.... there are those out there that just treat the critters as a prop. Thanks wizardpa for your efforts
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » That time of year again (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL