The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Brass Smooth Sherwood Cups (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Just Sean
View Profile
New user
Westland, MI
14 Posts

Profile of Just Sean
I am highly intrigued. I have the same magic makers cups and they look like crap, think I'll give it a go with them, as for the sherwoods maybe I'll just take them in the hot tub with me to jump start the tarnishing process, happens to my wifes rings all the time when she forgets to take them off.
JESmagic
View Profile
New user
Ann Arbor, MI
90 Posts

Profile of JESmagic
If you have a buffing wheel, you can always buff off any patina that is applied. You can't always use a metal polish or cleaner to remove the patina. As I said before, I am a big fan of the chemical patinas. They are easy to use, and come out with great results. It did take me some trial and error with application...but if the finish turned out bad, I just buffed it off, and started again.
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
A salt and vinegar solution works for regular patina and it also works for liver of sulpher, though I have n oidea if it works for other (chemical_ patina's....
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1379 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Thanks all for your comments. Bri kindly sent me a pdf that I did a while back that describes in more detail how I patinised the cups. I'd be very happy to share if you send me a PM.

I seem to remember a while back seeing some great results using washing detergent (Bruce - was that on your site?)

Richard
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Brass Smooth Sherwood Cups (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL