The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Parasol breaking. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kernohd2
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of kernohd2
I got a set of 4 blue parasols from abbott's about a year ago. I have not used them to much, but when I started to use them again, Just recently, one broke. And just 5 min ago, another one broke the same way. They broke at the top of the spindle thing, where the faberic is tied to the metal spindle at a point. It looks as though the string keeping it together just broke..

Does this happen often? If so how can I fix it? I really don't look foward to buying more, for they arent the cheapest

Please help!

Thanks.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
No, you are the 1st to experience this, I have 2 sets and none of the have broken.

To fix, study the one that isn't broken, then study the broken ones and fix them. Piece of cake!

They are cheap China parasols, so don't expects to much from them.
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
When my parasol broke, one of the metallic ribs broke. I use Joker Lam's parasols.

RJH
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2013-02-26 03:44, RJH wrote:
When my parasol broke, one of the metallic ribs broke. I use Joker Lam's parasols.

RJH

You can go buy a child's umbrella, they are sold at many discount stores. Take it apart and attach the rib to the broken Joker Lam parasol.

I would say, that breaking a rib is not the fault of the China made parasols, as I have caught a rib in my coat hem and bent one myself. I did repair as it did not break off. Check your clothing and the way you are handling the parasol.
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
Thanks Bill.

RJH
billappleton
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Gatos, California
1154 Posts

Profile of billappleton
Hey guys be sure to close a parasol from the bottom pull, never push down on the top of the fabric, I actually try never to touch the tops, always pull from the bottom. this will help them last. but I end up with a new box of 7 every year or so.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Parasol breaking. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL