The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Amazing JoeJoe's Web Spinner DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
A Web Spinner's dream come true, the DVD is done!

Demo and full specs:
http://www.emagicsupply.com/index.php?ma......s_id=405

"My jaw literally dropped when I saw some of your techniques explained.
This DVD is going to thrill people."
- Steve Fearson

The site says the release date is March 7th.

Revealed for the first time are JoeJoe's closely-guarded "proving" methods and the secret behind the incredible ending to his floating bill routine, where the spectator actually reaches out and plucks the floating bill RIGHT OUT OF THE AIR!

Setting Up Your Spinner - Learn how from the inventor
Floating Dollar Bill - With the unbelievable kicker ending!
Michael Angelo Bill* - Packs flat plays huge!
Flying Playing Card - New handlings for this classic trick
Magician's Wax - All about it, and a source you can use!
Advanced Stripping - Not what it sounds like
Secrets to Lighting - How to make sure you don't get caught
Getting Caught - Pro tips on handling the inevitable
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1108 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
More expensive than the spinner itself & doesn't really seem to have much on it apart from covering old ground.

Surely the set up of the spinner is covered when you buy it?

I may still get the spinner as I need a practical way to float stuff but this DVD content is a little disappointing.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I went to the site to watch the demo and it's available as a download right now, so I'm getting that. But you can get the download and the DVD as well.

http://www.emagicsupply.com/index.php?ma......s_id=405

My favorite part in the demo is the guy taking the bill himself and then trying to search for the source:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFHzfTHtfUo

Anyone doing IT work has had that happen.
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On 2013-02-26 10:11, Russell Davidson wrote:
More expensive than the spinner itself & doesn't really seem to have much on it apart from covering old ground.

Surely the set up of the spinner is covered when you buy it?

I may still get the spinner as I need a practical way to float stuff but this DVD content is a little disappointing.

The Web Spinner comes with a one page instruction sheet that explains how to do the "basic" floating dollar bill, and then gives you ideas on other things you can do with it. Somewhere on the Web Spinner thread I detail exactly why I don't provide more instructions - the short version is the more complex the instructions, the more confused people became about the Web Spinner.

The DVD bridges that gap. For example, on the DVD is a complete explanation as to why invisible thread can't be seen, and how to set the lighting so you will be able to see the thread while your audience will not. You will never have to second guess your lighting again, and will drastically cut down on accidental breakage.

The Michael Angelo Bill is just a work of art, my favorite levitation by far ... the hookup allows your audience to reach out into air and take the bill for examination while it is floating - ground breaking in my humble opinion. You can see a guy on the demo doing just that, he had been watching me for nearly an hour - saw my entire show twice. Kept telling me he knew there was a string, and was trying to figure out where it was (that is the only reason I told him to look for the "string"; I never use that word unless someone says it first). Notice how after he examined the bill he gets down to check for air coming up from the boardwalk - doing this will totally shatter a lay audience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91j_5pi7kOY

I would have liked for the production quality to be a tad more "professional", but it you're looking for content this is a goldmine - I like how Steve says "underground secrets". Overall, I'm proud of the DVD. : )

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-02-26 20:03, JoeJoe wrote:

I would have liked for the production quality to be a tad more "professional", but it you're looking for content this is a goldmine

I didn't want to wait and got the download and am watching now. I don't know about "professional" because some have very fancy graphics, etc. and they can't teach.

You had some GREAT visuals where you were teaching using actual IT and then a closeup came on and you were in the same position, same clothes, but it was hooked up visable string so we could see what you were talking about. VERY clever touch and really helped.

I've been using IT since Dusheck Wundrbar so I know a little about IT, hookups, etc. You do have some ground breaking work here, IMO.

I think your approach to the "Hummer Card" is an improvement having the card spin vertically. Now people further away can see it.

I think everyone should have a Web Spinner, just to end the stripping frustration. If you picked one up, then you should get this DVD, because there is important work being shared here.

More later.

Zombie
magicshayne
View Profile
Loyal user
284 Posts

Profile of magicshayne
I thinks this is a workers gream for IT any more reviews opinions on this?
Twizle1977
View Profile
New user
Chicagoland
48 Posts

Profile of Twizle1977
I will be getting the DVD and DL tomorrow. I will probably have something up on it as soon as I can.
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1108 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
Can someone please elaborate on the Fearson hook up replication. Can I do the floating cigarette with this?
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
I'm not sure I understand your question, but I'll try to answer it.

Yes, you can do the Fearson floating cigarette with the Web Spinnner ... but the Web Spinner DVD does not teach how to do the Fearson hookup, so if you need to learn the Fearson hookup you must also purchase Fearson's "Master Levitation System". You also need a longer stand of thread than what comes with the Web Spinner.

That being said, if you do the Fearson hookup ... the Web Spinner DVD details some new moves you can do. My "hover" move will allow you to wave your hand above and below the object while floating, and my "orbit" move will allow the object to float through an arm-hoop multiple times. Both can be done with a flying playing card hookup, although the orbit move looks best with a Fearson hookup. These moves were my 'reputation makers' and both are well worth the practice.

These things should start hitting the mailboxes today ... can't wait to hear your reviews! Smile

-JoeJoe
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Just bought dvd today with download & loved everything about it ! I purchased web spinner few months ago, only been playing with it a little but love it for it's simplicity. As to the filming of it, I really liked that it had no annoying sound track & a bunch of cut-aways to live performances,etc.

It is a simple no-fluff one-on-one teaching ! I almost felt like I was in that room as he talked about everything. A simple laid back but well taught dvd on thread work by a performer ! The lack of annoying sound tracks & fancy graphic was refreshing to say the least.....to say the most, is I learned a lot from this. It is a little under an hr & Joe Joe touches base with a lot of the most simple basic important points of both his web spinner & his cool routines as well as some important tips on lighting,etc. I really loved the Michael Angelo Bill !!

I am not a professional performer that makes his living exclusively with IT or magic shows,more of a hobbyist / p/t semi pro & am still learning thread work, mostly few years back with John Le Clair's DVD & most recently Steve Fearson's Master levitation system. I feel that I have found Joe Joe's dvd to be an essential addition to thread work info IMO & worth what I payed for it. Some may feel that it is general info that is already known, well not by others & I appreciate Joe Joe's time & effort to make & release this !! I feel it arms me with more info/confidence to work with IT ( I never felt at home with reels ) & I find myself gravitate more towards static IT like his web spinner than a reel. I have a Tarantula & the 1st spider pen, which I have preferred & like to use vs the Tarantula. I realize that both static & reels both have they're place, just depends mostly on performer's needs & wants from IT...

This is a quick review as I just finished watching download, but I really felt that the dvd/download & Joe Joe deserved the time to shoot some feedback on it.

Overall; cost,teaching,info,value of a performer's experience = 10/10 - IMO

Thank you Joe Joe, you are amazing !! Smile
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I agree - Thank you, Merlinsmagic!

Jim
Kozak
View Profile
V.I.P.
78 Posts

Profile of Kozak
This is Powerful stuff ! The Spinner and Video are way underpriced. Time tested, under fire, in the field knowledge shared for a pittance of what it's worth. When I meet you JoJo, I'm buying you an expensive dinner and taking you shopping for a swell gift!
Mahalo Bruddah, and Warmest Aloha...Koz
Kozy in Hawai'i
Don Dasher
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Don Dasher
Quote:
On 2013-03-09 12:30, Kozak wrote:
This is Powerful stuff ! The Spinner and Video are way underpriced. Time tested, under fire, in the field knowledge shared for a pittance of what it's worth. When I meet you JoJo, I'm buying you an expensive dinner and taking you shopping for a swell gift!
Mahalo Bruddah, and Warmest Aloha...Koz

Whoa.

Love is in the air.

DD
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
A review that positive from a performer of your caliber is the only gift I require Kozak. Thank you! Smile

-JoeJoe
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
For those that aren't familiar with the name Kozak ( I know, hard to believe, but....).

...http://www.kozakthemagician.com/bio.html
sadhu
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of sadhu
I bought the Jo Jo web spinner a while back and never get around to
really learn to use it. Visual instructions is more of my thing and
I'm glad that I bought the DVD with download. This eye opening
tutorial helped me to learn the basics of IT work and for the first
time, I can be comfortable IT performance. There is so much to learn from
this DVD and its worth 10 times its price!
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Joejoe, I'm familiar with IT work but not your product. I recently bought Invisible. It has the ring that is horizontal and can be pushed. Can this be established with your product as well?
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
Brent,

PM'ed you an answer to this.
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
No idea how 'invisible' works, so I can't answer.

But I can say you can slide the Michael Angelo bill while it is floating in a way I describe as "Luke Skywalker using the force":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91j_5pi7kOY

And like what is seen on the 'invisible' trailer, the bill can be picked up by the spectator while it is floating in midair:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFHzfTHtfUo

Smile

-JoeJoe
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
JoeJoe, that is beautiful work. I really like your Web Spinner and the DVD. After years of IT use, I still learned many things from the DVD.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Amazing JoeJoe's Web Spinner DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL