The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » My first trade fair show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

asgar
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of asgar
Tomorrow is my first trade fair show.I have done tons of corporate closeups but I think something is different here.Like advertising the product.
I am thinking of including Table magic,busking(3 card monte,3 shell,fast and loose... and my vent along with strolling magic.Any suggestions.Thanks.
Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that, you can make anything happen.
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
Is this not a little late to ask this type of question? I hope that your performance goes well but it does not sound like you have done your reaearch on Trade Shows. TS are very different than Close-Up Corporate work as you are trying to generate leads for the client. Perhaps you have bitten off more than you can chew.

RP
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
asgar
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of asgar
The show went pretty good.I did product promotions before but this was the first show of this kind.But it was hard work.And I was not comfortable doing the same tricks over and over in front of the other guys in the stall.But at the end they are happy and so am I.Trade show magic is a new idea in my place.Can you guys suggest some sources?Thanks.
Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that, you can make anything happen.
mixman
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Colorado
294 Posts

Profile of mixman
If you are working a booth where you are stuck in a small space and not moving around, pretend you are working in a magic shop. Standing behind a counter (or your table)showing the same tricks over and over. But remember, the effects are new to every group who comes by your booth. What a great way to rehearse new effects or routines.
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
Hi,

I would like to suggest you take at look at the following books on Trade Shows:

Seth Kramer: http://www.sethkramerproductions.com/handbook.htm

Danny Orleans: http://www.dannyorleansmagic.com/magic-p......re_notes

Both are excellent sources discussing the world of Trade Shows.

Enjoy the Search!

Respectfully,

Paul Green

PS I echo RP's question!
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
ABSOLUTELY!!! R E H E A R S E IN PRIVATE! P E R F O R M IN PUBLIC!

A young lad, in Chicago, approached me one day and asked, "How much should I charge for a trade show?"

While I mainly did school assembly programs (booked by an assembly bureau) as a professional,I would accept other areas of work,if I felt I could handle the job. If I didn't feel qualified, I would suggest someone else in the busines. (It's called NETWORKING -- I have picked up a lot of work that way from friends. George Johnstone once bird dogged for me and I picked up a two week booking for CHICAGO FEST)So, I've done a few TSs. (Nothing major)

In the situation above, I gave the (very) young man a somewhat standard answer: "WHEN YOU ARE READY TO DO TRADE SHOWS, YOU WONT NEED TO ASK THAT QUESTION!"
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » My first trade fair show (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL