The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » MINDvention » » Who will it be good for? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

joesquire
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of joesquire
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if this would be worth going to for an amateur? For me, the main attraction would be getting the opportunity to meet some of the biggest names in the industry. That would be worth the registration cost for me!

But it's half way around the world, so it's a heckuva lot more than just $275!!! As an amateur, will most of it be beyond me? As in, will it be more beneficial to someone who performs in a formal setting, compared to a social setting?

For such an amateur, would it be worth going to all three days? Or if I COULDN'T attend all 3 days, which one is usually the best?

It's so exciting, I'm actually trying to convince my wife to take our family holiday to Vegas this year...

But then I'm wondering if this convention would really be right for me? But I know you guys wouldn't steer me in the wrong direction.

Thanks in advance.
CSMTREE
View Profile
Veteran user
El Paso, Texas
318 Posts

Profile of CSMTREE
Joesquire,

I think if you're going to make the trip, take the wife as well and make a vacation out of it. As far as if it would be worth attending....the answer is most definitely YES!!! The participants range from beginners, to working pros, to collectors, to enthusiast. If you love magic and mentalism then this is a great and intimate way of getting to talk to people from all over the world involved in our art. There are great lectures and awesome shows. Danny and the gang always put on a first class event. This is one of the few conventions that I attend and I've always had a blast. You you do decide to go, let me know and I'll introduce you to a few folks, but I'm sure you'll feel right at home!!!

CSMTREE
"Freedom is the best Magic of all"
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
Absolutely, you should go. This is a terrific convention where amateurs can meet and discuss Mentalism with top professionals from around the world. Also, there are many more pros there than those who are listed to lecture. Everybody seems most welcoming, and you will learn so much, and enjoy doing so. If you can only attend one day, and I don't recommend skipping any of them, I would attend the second day.

John
tgplano
View Profile
Special user
Ted Gillam
614 Posts

Profile of tgplano
You should come. It's the best convention going. I'm a pseudo-amateur, part-time professional and find it ALL useful. Especially the informal after hour discussions. I brought my wife with me once. I found it difficult to spend time with her since I didn't want to miss a bit of the convention. To find something to do she shopped. (and shopped...and shopped...and shopped) It was one of the most expensive "vacations" we've taken. Since then I go by myself. It's cheaper and I don't miss anything at the convention and she's comfortably at home with her friends.

Ted
Mentalism for the Metroplex
joesquire
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of joesquire
Thanks guys!

You've definitely shoved me in the "yes" direction!!!

So the second day is better because it's not as short as the first, but not wrapping up on the third?
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
My opinion, only, but I like the second day best because it is a full day of lectures, talks, panels, mingling. The first day is not as full, and the third day has a terrific show by the lecturers. I'd rather see the lectures and learn, but if you'd rather see the performances in the evening, then the third night would be for you.

John
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
607 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Good advice my friends... I hope you decide to join us joesquire... please let me know if you have anymore questions...

PS Please friend us on Facebook MV on Facebook
MT
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of MT
Is there a deadline to sign up or can we sign up last second?
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
607 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
You can sign up at the last second MT...
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
I would come alone. The family will get in your way. You may THINK you r only going to stay one day but that day will turn into two then three.

Later you will find your family in the hotel room passed out from dehydration and malnutrition.

That's what I'm doing anyway.

John
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
... and don't forget to put out the sign "Please Do Not Disturb" ....
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » MINDvention » » Who will it be good for? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL