The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Betchas » » 3- 5-7 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

zactudor
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of zactudor
This is always a favourite of mine as it seems so simple yet the victim can never win!
three rows of say peanuts are set out 3 then 5 then 7 and the players alternate taking peanuts away. as many as they want but ONLY FROM ONE ROW. the loser is the one who takes the last one. What makes the trick so good though is that you can say to them that every time they choose whether to start or go second so they can't possible keep losing.
I have won many many drinks with this one.
rjs
View Profile
Loyal user
296 Posts

Profile of rjs
How does it work then?
zactudor
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of zactudor
You need to learn 3 intermediate positions that guarantee a win and then if you go first there is one move you can do to ensure you can get to one of them. If you go second normally they will make one of the many wrong moves so that you can make the move that takes you to the winning position again. If by pure fluke they choose the right move you take one peanut and wait for them to make another move of which again there will only be one potential winning move. Even if the other player is very observant it is virtually impossible to pick up the moves by mere observation before an hour or so has passed and normallyu much longer than that. It is addictive however so they don't want to stop.
PM me and I'll show you the steps
BigWheel
View Profile
New user
Earth near Washington DC
43 Posts

Profile of BigWheel
Can you elaborate on those 3 intermediate positions?
zactudor
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of zactudor
Bigwheel if you PM me then I can
ChrisTheImpossible
View Profile
New user
Jacksonville, Florida
70 Posts

Profile of ChrisTheImpossible
Quote:
On 2013-02-26 20:10, zactudor wrote:
This is always a favourite of mine as it seems so simple yet the victim can never win!
three rows of say peanuts are set out 3 then 5 then 7 and the players alternate taking peanuts away. as many as they want but ONLY FROM ONE ROW. the loser is the one who takes the last one. What makes the trick so good though is that you can say to them that every time they choose whether to start or go second so they can't possible keep losing.
I have won many many drinks with this one.

That is great. I have to learn this one.
www.MagicJunky.com
"A place for Magicians, Clowns, and Ventriloquists to Buy, Sell, and Trade new and or used items Free!"
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
I love this little betcha, I normally use toothpicks, but you can use anything at all. The version I do is different in as much as there is only one row of toothpicks and the spectator can remove 1 , 2 or 3 toothpicks at a time,they always end up with the last one. Same betcha different setup. Gets them every time.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
zactudor
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of zactudor
I think that one uses a different technique ( although I know that one too) and my only issue is that more people seem to know it ( so its risky to go for a bet with a stranger!) If I said the number 4 would I be on the right track without giving too much away?
zactudor
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of zactudor
I was out tonight and was doing a set when someone came up to me and said he recognised me as the man who had done 3-5-7 on them 19 years ago ( it coincided with a particular event in their life so they knew when it was!) and that it had bugged him ever since! He said he had looked all over for a solution and hadnt found it so asked me to tell him,,,,.
I didn't tell him but I did play the game with him and others for an hour or so! ( Oh dear another 19 years of purgatory for him!)
Roy the Illusionist
View Profile
Regular user
Tennessee, USA
147 Posts

Profile of Roy the Illusionist
About to send you PM, can't wait to have another betcha up my sleeve.
Are you watching closely?
zactudor
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of zactudor
Roy and Captain Smiffy I will reply to your PMs tonight ( UK time) its one of those that reads more complicated than it is! If anyone else would like details of this PM me.
Horatio
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Horatio
Thanks for the PM, zactudor. I'm going to have some fun with this one!
zactudor
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of zactudor
Psychod PM sent. Hope you like it
psychod
View Profile
Loyal user
I may not be a millionaire but at least I have
247 Posts

Profile of psychod
Zactudor,

Thank you for this. I'm anxious to play this against my sister and nephews (all math people) to see if they can 'catch on'.

Dave
Just adding my 3 cents worth because anybody can add their 2 cents worth...
zactudor
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of zactudor
I have sent instructions to around 6 people now. Latest is Zuke. Anyone else interested?
captainsmiffy
View Profile
Special user
UK, resident UAE
589 Posts

Profile of captainsmiffy
Thanks, Zactudor.....have pm'd you.
Have you tried 'Up The Ante' yet?? The ultimate gambling demo....a self-working wonder! See the reviews here on the cafe.
Zuke
View Profile
Veteran user
353 Posts

Profile of Zuke
Nice, thanks very much for the PM Zactudor. I'm looking forward to taking this for a spin!

Muchas Gracias!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Betchas » » 3- 5-7 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL