The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Unreal by Bruce Bernstein (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

karsten9400
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of karsten9400
Hi all

Is there anyone, who has done some tricks from the book "Unreal with Bruce Bernstein" in professional shows, which has some videos with these mental tricks?
So I can see something, before I by the book Smile

Karsten
GCanuzzi
View Profile
New user
Italy
51 Posts

Profile of GCanuzzi
I haven't done a video yet but trust me if I say(and all here can confirm) that this is a wonderful book where certainly you will find a lot of great ideas and subtleties for close up and stage.
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
I don't think the book is for you, I'm just being honest and do not mean for any negative criticism. What is your experience with mentalism? The book itself is fantastic but is for more of the experienced mentalist. Now, you will learn a lot from it but its not a book if your just looking for "tricks"

Darren
Twitter @darjames
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Unreal - hmmm if you watch a bunch of videos... you'll see a lot of his effects and methods in action without credit... like Eat @ Joe's which has been stolen a gazillion times... and a million other kewl inventions
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
GCanuzzi
View Profile
New user
Italy
51 Posts

Profile of GCanuzzi
Quote:
On 2013-02-27 12:11, Darren James wrote:
Now, you will learn a lot from it but its not a book if your just looking for "tricks"


Absolutely true!
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3688 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On 2013-02-27 12:11, Darren James wrote:
I don't think the book is for you, I'm just being honest and do not mean for any negative criticism. What is your experience with mentalism? The book itself is fantastic but is for more of the experienced mentalist. Now, you will learn a lot from it but its not a book if your just looking for "tricks"

Darren

Thanks Darren for this good advice, absolutely right and helpful. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Davit Sicseek
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of Davit Sicseek
Actually, I'd say that Unreal is a great book for quite inexperienced mentalists.

After reading a few of the classics, Unreal is just the sort of book that I'd advise a budding performer to pick up. It represents amazing value for money, contains essays as well as effects and the effects themselves are quality and in many cases modern and suitable for performance today as described (if that floats your boat). Part of the "trick" in mentalism is knowing that its not really all about "tricks" - and Unreal demonstrates that time after time.
Send me the truth: davitsicseek@gmail.com
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3400 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Received my copy today and all I can say is OMFG!!!!!! What an awesome book. The tricks are great and real workers but it is the thinking behind them that holds the true value to this book. I've hardly read a quarter and I have already got vastly more than my money's worth. If this book was a woman I would shag it senseless!!!!!

Mark
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available to Pre-order
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=pre-order-totally-free-will
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2056 Posts

Profile of aligator
It's a good book. If you're on the fence, buy it.
Simon (Ted) Edwards
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1523 Posts

Profile of Simon (Ted) Edwards
Quote:
On 2013-02-28 08:26, Davit Sicseek wrote:
Actually, I'd say that Unreal is a great book for quite inexperienced mentalists.

After reading a few of the classics, Unreal is just the sort of book that I'd advise a budding performer to pick up. It represents amazing value for money, contains essays as well as effects and the effects themselves are quality and in many cases modern and suitable for performance today as described (if that floats your boat). Part of the "trick" in mentalism is knowing that its not really all about "tricks" - and Unreal demonstrates that time after time.


I agree with that. The essays in particular will have great value for those starting out. More experienced performers may read them, nod in agreement and move on.
T.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2528 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Loved the book the first time---going to reread it this weekend
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11565 Posts

Profile of John C
Unreal and Bruce's other stuff is only good if you want to look like a real mind reader/influencer. Otherwise his stuff is not that good.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3993 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Quote:
On 2013-03-22 22:57, John C wrote:
Unreal and Bruce's other stuff is only good if you want to look like a real mind reader/influencer. Otherwise his stuff is not that good.

lol
I like you John!
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11565 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2013-03-23 04:29, parmenion wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-03-22 22:57, John C wrote:
Unreal and Bruce's other stuff is only good if you want to look like a real mind reader/influencer. Otherwise his stuff is not that good.

lol
I like you John!


yo, gotta say like it is right Brother?

J
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Unreal by Bruce Bernstein (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL