The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Roy kueppers coins my experience. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jokerthehoudini
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of jokerthehoudini
Ok guys whatsup?

I have some great news to share with everybody,it's my recent purchase from Roy kueppers and his beautiful Complete OXF Package,which Comes with All Coins needed to Perform any of the Effects on The Metal 3 DVD, by Eric Jones
Set Will Include
Custom Copper / Silver set comes with (2) Gaffed Coins and (2) Matching Regular Coins.
Shimmed Expanded Shell, Magnetic Flipper coin and Two matching Regular coins.
Expanded Shell ( Tails ) and a Copper / Silver ( Heads / Heads ). Both Gaffs and Two Regular matching coins.

So what you get is 3 copper/silver coins.
2 shells,1 Head,1 Tails,heads comes with a shim inside shell.
1 flipper coin with magnet.
4 walking liberty coins (I didn't get these I already have a set)
2 copper coins
Flipper comes with extra bands and the adhesive for replacing the bands.

Well what I have to say well 1st things 1st Roy is an amazing person very helpful and willing to answer any questions I had or have with his coins.
He sent me pictures so I knew what I was getting before I got it.I didn't know if I should have got the"Pro" Gravity Flipper Coin or just a flipper so he sent me pictures of the two and well I picked the "Pro" had to pay a little extra but it was worth it.

Now this is my 1st time writing a review be easy ima try my best to do this good.

These are what I think people might want to know so ima try my best if there is something I missed I'll answer It for you

1)Waiting time 
2)How good are the coins?
3)shipping.
4)price.
5)Was the coins worth the money?
6)Are you happy with the coins?
7)will you get more products from roy again?
8)why did you get Roy's and not schoolcraft or lassen?

My answers 
1)The waiting time was about 2-3 weeks.
2)There great coins I love them.Very good craftsmanship.there soft coins and all the coins I believe where Re-milled like the flipper,shells  if there weren't then Roy must of used very good liberty coins to make the gaffs from.
3)Shipping took about 5 days from Canada to New York City Queens.
(He shipped on Wednesday I got it on Monday from ups.)
4)It cost about 475 with shipping and the upgrade to a "PRO" flipper 
5)I believe the coins are worth the money I had a Johnson shell that I use to work with and you can just from the shell mouth up that a coin was nested in Roy's you can't really see a shell nested on the coins and with the flipper well let me say that you cant see the part of the flipper that don't move and you can't see the flipper coin when its in closes position also Roy made the coin look like it has a Rim still so it really looks like two coins just sitting on top of each other.
6)IF I wasn't happy I would not be writing this post.
7) I will recommend any of his coin work I can't judge his other stuff.
8) Why did I get Roy's over lassen,schoolcraft well a lot of reasons I played with coins from lassen no complain about his products but I didn't wanna have to wait more then a couple of weeks for coins specially after I payed about $300 just for a shell set.

Well that's pretty much all I have to say oh and the coin came in a very nice black velvet bag with Roy's logo on it.

I love the coins and I am happy with my order.

If I left any question you might have unanswered please let me know and I will answer to my experience.

Enjoy
Henry

Btw if any typos or grammar mistakes please excuse me I did this on my iphone.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7039 Posts

Profile of bowers
Roys the man for sure Henry
I have a lot of coins that he made for me.
His work is excellant.And customer service too.
Todd
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5332 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Great review! Thank you for the review Henry. Smile

Jim
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5147 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I will say upfront I have never got anything from Roy personally. But I will say I have had excellent luck with Todd Lassen when ordering and got excellent quality coins in a pretty timely manner. I have had the best dealings of all with Mark Mason though, he is excellent to talk to and work with. His communication throughout the process is second to none and the quality - well, I'm just gonna say - it speaks for itself. He has gone above and beyond with every transaction we have had ( and it has been a few).
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
CdnAndrew
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
149 Posts

Profile of CdnAndrew
I too am a happy Roy Kueppers customer. I've got a [ set and a [/, and am in the process of a getting a C/S coin or two to go along. As well, I have some of his Canadian coins. Roy is pleasant to talk with, quick to reply to inquiries and produces wonderful work.
RicoGood
View Profile
Regular user
The devil told me
132 Posts

Profile of RicoGood
Custom made!
I highly recommend it! – and I saw a lot of coins!
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5332 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I have looked at that Metal 3 package many times, but I can't quite afford the package right now. Maybe someday... Smile

Jim
jokerthehoudini
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of jokerthehoudini
Thanks guys I'm glad everyone enjoyed my review.Jim it deff worth it that's how I was for a while I was looking about a month and I finally told Roy ok fine ima get it I payed half and half...deposit to start on the coins,then when they where done so I didn't pay all in one shot.

If you really want it call or email Roy maybe you guys can work a payment plan...

Henry
scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
869 Posts

Profile of scott0819
I'm a little jealous. I'm still waiting on my order from Roy. I ordered an OXF set with the pro upgrade and some custom work back in mid-December. I know the coins will be worth it when they arrive but it's coming up on a 3 month wait time.
...Ok, more than a little jealous.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2013-03-03 23:11, scott0819 wrote:
I'm a little jealous. I'm still waiting on my order from Roy. I ordered an OXF set with the pro upgrade and some custom work back in mid-December. I know the coins will be worth it when they arrive but it's coming up on a 3 month wait time.

Good luck: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=202
scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
869 Posts

Profile of scott0819
I'm not too worried, Roy has been responsive everytime I've contacted him. Basically, the prototypes of the custom work I ordered were not coming out very nice due to the composition of our Canadian coinage. Roy was upfront about this fact and suggested alternate coins that would work better. I can understand that that would delay things. I'll let you know what happens.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7039 Posts

Profile of bowers
Quote:
On 2013-03-04 00:20, Dynamike wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-03-03 23:11, scott0819 wrote:

Good luck: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=202

No worrys if its done right the first time.I talked to roy about this happening
and his response to most of this is the people that send him coins don't even take the time to put a returning address with the coins they send.Some call him about doing some work for them
send the coins a month later with no instructions what they want what they talked about or nothing.
and I'm talking about coins that are worth quite a lot of money.roys a busy man and talks to alot
of people everyday and can't possibly remember every single conversation he has with everyone.
ive never had a problem with him.i call him and go over the work to be done.and when I send my coins
I include a note of all that was discussed.and I always have a smooth transaction.
todd
scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
869 Posts

Profile of scott0819
My coins came two days after my last post. MachinIng quality is incredible, especially the gravity flipper. I'm having trouble telling it apart from the normal walking liberty halves; I may have to mark it in some way. Night and day from my old Johnson flipper. Expanded shells are tight without any sticking when un-nesting.

The magnets in my OXF and custom Scotch and Soda are slightly weaker than I was expecting but I've never held these types of gaffs before. I may contact Roy about this after playing with the coins some more. Overall I'm pretty pleased with the quality of the coins, the lead time for custom work...well it is what it is; Roy is a busy guy and I knew that going in.
MikeTheKid
View Profile
Veteran user
vancouver
329 Posts

Profile of MikeTheKid
I order once from him , took me a little while before to get my set and sometimes he doesn't reply email ... maybe it just me
---------------------------------------------

Magic is a performing art that entertains an audience by creating illusions of seemingly impossible....

www.mikeliumagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Roy kueppers coins my experience. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL