The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Stage Prop (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magicjg
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of Magicjg
I hope this is the correct place for this. I was contacted to work on a project for a local theatrical production. A cast member is standing on stage behind a doll house. As they discuss the expenses one encounters in life they begin pulling objects from the doll house. Facet to represent house repairs, umbrella for rainy day etc. At one point they mention education. At this point they begin pulling out what seems to be hundreds of books and a laptop. Having problems making the illusion of the books happen. Any thoughts?
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11160 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Think multiplying alarm clocks. If this doesn't make sense, contact me off the boards. Wanted to PM you, but you have that feature shut off.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
Hmm ... I am visualizing a version of Parker Swan's Dollhouse. If you combine that design with Michael's suggestion, you should be able to produce a seemingly HUGE number of items. Plus, you would be able to "build" the house in front of the audience. Just a thought.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
Magicjg
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of Magicjg
Michael send me an email at Jasonalan@jasonalanmagic.com . I will look into that Kent
Magicjg
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of Magicjg
Where would I find information on Parker Doll house? I need this house to look as realistic as possible.
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
It used to be available through http://www.hocus-pocus.com . I'm not sure if they still carry it. If not, Paul may be able to point you in the right direction.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7391 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
There is one on the big E right now.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Stage Prop (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL