The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Are you satisfied with your mentalism purchases most of the time? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
D*mn that's very organized!

Steve
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1636 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
Personally I enjoy hearing/reading the history of an effect. What I don't enjoy is when that history only "recent" history and truly doesn't know the origins of what is being offered.

I am usually satisfied when I purchase but I don't buy that much and I usually have purpose for the purchase. I also vastly prefer books over video and purchase very few props.

Having said all that I work with several creators, most of you know this, and if you ever purchase anything from one of them that you feel does not live up to its advertising or you are disappointed in in any way please contact me directly. Can't promise a refund but I would truly like to know.

Thanks.

~ Dan
John Raff M
View Profile
Loyal user
Republic of Ireland
233 Posts

Profile of John Raff M
Slightly off topic I'm sure but I'm gonna say it anyway:

Why not create your own effects? I have found that they are far more origonal, creative and you won't get scammed by a bad ad copy! Smile

Just my 1 cent. Please don't slaughter me for it.

John.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Quote:
On 2013-03-06 14:52, John Raff M wrote:
Slightly off topic I'm sure but I'm gonna say it anyway:

Why not create your own effects? I have found that they are far more origonal, creative and you won't get scammed by a bad ad copy! Smile

Just my 1 cent. Please don't slaughter me for it.

John.

Good advice but realistically to get to a point that you can create really solid effects you need to have made some purchases including the classic texts (at least enough to get a good grounding in the fundamentals). I rarely buy tricks to perform (although some things are too good not to perform like Glance and many of the outlaw effects). I tend to see my purchases as brain food. More often than not if I buy an effect rather than a book my goal is to tap into the creative process of the creator, what principles have been used or combined, what can I take away from this, can I put a different twist on this or take the idea further, what inspiration can I derive from this product. Sometimes the thinking behind an effect or the way old principles have been applied to create a new idea is more valuable than the effect itself. If you buy tricks just for the advertised trick your potential for disappointment increases dramatically.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Are you satisfied with your mentalism purchases most of the time? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL