The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » "Cradle to Grave" Reviews/Pro Reviews Are In! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
It's called he copied it to his computer and now will try to get some cash back. Lots of people do it-no matter how wrong it is.

Its a great DVD and is great for Magi. But only those Magi that want to add flash and some killer flourishes to their act. It is what it is. A wicked FLOURISH DVD with some skill demonstrations and a trick or two, but focused on unqiue displays of skill.(off the back of the box..lol)

It is by far the best DVD of it's kind for flourishes and a must for those that are remotely interested in flourishes.
JoJo Hermann
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of JoJo Hermann
I am going to name my first child De'vo. I've already named my dog, cat, and parrot De'vo! De'vo is God!
HuronLow
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of HuronLow
I really think ripping DVDs onto your computer is really bad. Man, if you like the guys material so much, give him the credit he deserves!Cradle to Grave is AWESOME!
The T&R Project.
A revolutionary take on the Torn & Restored card.

Available now at www.HuronLow.com
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
These 2 pro reviews were just put up from McBride and Daryl:

Cradle to Grave is simply incredible! De'vo performs the entire routine
flawlessly and his teaching DVD is excellent. Every detail has been
included, the production quality is top notch, and I particularly appreciate
his method of getting the students to practice individual steps over and
over again. If you're willing to take the time and effort to practice and
learn this routine, you'll have something very special in your repertoire.

Daryl -The Magician's Magician

"AWESOME! Cradle to Grave blends rich images,
lush soundtrack, and revolutionary technique.
Jeff McBride - Las Vegas Headliner
Jamil
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Jamil
This DVD is the best I own! I mean nothing compares to it, not even close! I give it a 14 out of 10! Great job De'vo!
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
I heard a rumor that a second edition will be made because of the great reviews and popularity of the DVD! Smile Those of you that got the first editions, congrats.
Houdinez
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Houdinez
A second edition? ....SWEET...got to get your handz on dat if you haven't gotten the first....
~Houdinez~
(who-dee-nez)
slumpy
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of slumpy
Dun actually need to say anything since all the great reviews are up there already Smile Smile Smile

What I have to say is that no matter you are a magician/flourisher...... The material inside this awesome DVD is even to make your jaw drop just by seeing it.......

I personally seen lotsa videos and DVDs...... No one teaches stuffs as clear and concise as De'vo........

Peace,
Slumpy Smile Smile Smile
Just a passerby
SEVEN
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of SEVEN
A second edition sounds cool! Smile
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1384 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
CRADLE to GRAVE review

I ordered this after hearing the unbelievable ecstatic comments from De'vo fans. I have seen some video clips of his flourishes and his skill with cards is undeniable so I considered this to be a fairly safe purchase. It IS a little expensive though, so you might want to know exactly what your getting into before you plunk down your money.

Cradle to Grave is a short and fast flourish routine that is the playing card equivalent to solving a rubik's cube. If you would like to learn such a routine, than this DVD teaches it quite thoroughly. If you are looking for a wide assortment of flourish moves such as on the "Art of Card Manipulation" series than I suggest you look elsewhere. While there are a few bonus moves taught in addition to the cradle to grave routine, (flipback fan, birdy fan, heaven display, flipback packet vanish, smooth opener) The CTG is definitely the main attraction here. If you have a mind to learn it, be prepared for many hours of frustration. I am just now beginning to master the routine, after practicing for an hour or two every day for the past three weeks, and I considered myself "advanced" going into this. It will take a lot of dedication, but the teaching on this is definitely clear, and his method of showing the same move over and over and over from various angles instead of talking is quite effective and novel.

So in the end, it is recommended, but only to those with a deep desire to learn this routine. Everyone else can live without it.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I know a few simple flourishes and that's fine for me. When I do a simple fan and swivel cut, laymen are amazed.

If you have the skills to learn something like CTG, then go for it. You'll impress Magicians, that's for sure. Will lamen appreciate it more than the simple stuff? It's not likely.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
This is a review section, if you have an official review, then share it. You are making blind assumptions about something you haven't seen.
To answer it, YES! It will kill laymen, not just magicians when properly preformed. De'vo doesn't perform for magicians, laymen are his audience. It is completely routined with patter/presentation which is very cool! If you are willing to learn it. It is really a tough routine, but wow, what a killer! If you needed just one demonstration of skill to establish yourself, this would be the one!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Hi phantomace!!

Great point about my post-thanks!! I have seen the clips on his site-does that count?

I'm sure it's a great project. I was just speaking for guys that would never be able to learn it and wanted to let them know that was OK.

Best,
Chris

phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
LOL. Yes, if you have 1 inch fingers, no time, and rather watch save by the bell and eat doritos than practice, it's OK if you can't learn it.lol Or if doing a killer skill presentation is not your thing, then don't get this. But if you want something unusual, refreshing, challenging and will kill your audiences with something they have never seen before, then this is for you! -But you will have to practice! Not just a day or two either! How long did it take to master your beautiful pass? Well this will take some time and dedication. And just like Geoff said, the instructions lay it all out for you! You WILL understand exactly what is needed to do without a doubt. 45 minutes of teaching JUST on this routine! But performing it is all up to you. I suspect that only a handful of people in the world will actually conquere this routine to be able to perform it on a regular basis. But those that do will get the rewards for doing something unique and special for their audiences.

I can tell you that I have a medium skill level and could run through the whole routine after 4 days, and with 6 weeks of practice every other day or so, about 1-2 hours a day I can cruise through it. Now that is not performing it perfectly everytime and under the time limit either!lol Now it's just a matter of refining and muscle memory as well as learning the consistantancy of my boxes and cards. I'm gaining very fast everyday now that I can actually go through all the motions. I should be down to the Ulmen requirements in a matter of weeks.

I have performed this already for 2 of my parlor shows with great applause both times! I even dropped a card or two, but they were so amazed that they didn't even care!lol When you explain what is supposed to happen they just don't believe you. Then you do exactly what you said and they are in shock. Even when I did it as slow as a snail they still reacted very well to it. The cards in perfect order(minus the one I dropped lol)at the conclusion of the impossible routine is a kick in the head.

There are no clips on De'vo's site of the CTG routine or the Heaven display to keep their underground nature.(quote from the page)
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I was in an accident when I was 5, so the fingers of my left hand are shorter and damaged, but I'm not using that as an excuse.

Not every one can be Eric Clapton, not matter how much they practise. Some guys have to be the roadies;-)

Hey, I like Save By The Bell. Dumb show, but the girls were hot;-)

I'm not sure what clips were on the site. There were some and they looked beautiful. I'm sure the DVD is wonderful and a good investment for the dilligent performer!

Thanks again for your thoughts!!

Smile

phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
Here is another review: http://www.ultimatemagic.com/reviews/showreview.php?ID=32

Also Ultimate magic is having a competitions to win a free copys of Cradle to Grave for those that don't want to pay the $$.

Also there is still first editions but not too many. The second editions are supposed to be out in a few weeks. Get a first one while you can. They should be collectors! I got a singed and numbered one.Smile I'm going to buy a second edition too I loved it so much.
sc24evr
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of sc24evr
Im just curious, how many of you out there already have some of de'vos previous videos? It seems to me that if you own his old vids spending this much money on this new dvd isn't worth while, alot of repetion from his old tricks. The only effect I can see myself performing from this dvd would have to be the heaven display.
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
The main thing on this video is the CTG routine. It is very comprehensive and has not been shown anywhere or his previous videos. The teaching takes up 45 minutes of the DVD. It is also not in the trailer or any promos. It is worth the DVD by itself! Simply crushes anything else out there! I nearly dropped my dinner when I saw this done the first time, just mindblowing!

The Heaven Display as well as the flipback fan, neither of them have been taught before.

The others are just small bonuses that have mostly just been seen by handlordz forum members.

What you are realy buying is the CTG routine and it's completely worth it. You are also getting entry to his forum where there is 6 more moves as free bonuses, and his private instruction to help you out. Also he has CTG puzzles where you can win all kinds of free stuff. He has already given away signed cards, many packets of cards to include the black bike tactical playing decks, and I heard the next prize is a signed 2nd edition CTG for collectors and in the future he will be giving away a free encyclopedia of playing card flourishes! You also get to see the trailers for the upcoming DVDs and possibly get a discount on his future products. I also heard there will be a special mailing list in the future with flourish articles and special offers only for those that actually bought Handlordz products that will have more information on the Trials and other floursh related items.

So there you go. People know that when you buy from De'vo, you get much more than just some moves. He did the same thing with the Superhandz CDs, buyers got mailed free bonus CDs and got all kinds of other free stuff. Some even got posters and free sections of the Encyclopedia. And this is far cheaper than his CDs. The CDs you spent $50 and got 4 moves(not including the bonuses). This is far more detailed and completely worth every cent. And I own every one of his American released item to include his very underground and controversial night killers CD rom.
Tony Venetico
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
238 Posts

Profile of Tony Venetico
I heard on Ellusionist second editions will be available in February or so -- but will be different artwork on the cover and disc
Jamil
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Jamil
The second edition is supposed to be out soon! He is giving away free ones on his website! This guy is fantastic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » "Cradle to Grave" Reviews/Pro Reviews Are In! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL