The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Can you identify this illusion? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

frogers
View Profile
New user
UK
4 Posts

Profile of frogers
Hi guys, wondering if you could help me out please?
The illusion in this picture has been donated to us in a garage clearance. It came in several boxes and we have constructed what we have, the only problem being... we haven't got a clue what it is!
We suspect that there is some of this illusion missing, but don't know where to look for plans or how much of it is missing. The structure has a trap door in it, which leads to a set of vanish steps underneath it (the steps aren't pictured here, but we do have them.) We suspect it is some kind of falling spike escape, with the magician making his disappearance in the steps. Has anybody any idea what this illusion is called, or where we could get a complete set of plans for it to complete it? It is very well made and looks like it has been an expensive purchase... would hate just to throw it away!
Thanks guys.

Click here to view attached image.
MagicByRy
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of MagicByRy
Looks like a Hangman illusion. See "Hangman Illusion" on http://osborneillusionsystems.com/

Possibly used with the spikes under it???
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
The portion you show does not look familiar except for us as MagicByRy suggests, as far as being an "expensive " piece this is relative. Do you have a photo of the steps? The design/quality could help to identify it.

B
frogers
View Profile
New user
UK
4 Posts

Profile of frogers
It certainly looks similar to Osbourne's Hangman. I've emailed to ask if he can shed any more light on it... Thanks for the link MagicByRy.
I don't have a photo of the steps to hand Blair, but they are very similar to Osbourne's Deceptive Steps, complete with steel supports and aluminium edging. It is coated with a furry material and has a rear exit.
Looking at it, I'm not entirely sure that the spikes are part of the same illusion. Unfortunately the guy who has give us the illusion is not a magician, so has no clue to its history or anything.
Thanks for the suggestions so far!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Can you identify this illusion? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.34 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL