The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » MetalWriting - Eye of Odin (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
Hello all!

This weekend at the Swedish National Championship for Magicians me and my brother won the Innovation Award for our project MetalWriting. We have worked a number of years on this and are ready to let other magicians use our secrets.

The Eye of Odin:

The mentalist or magician introduces a small box containing a mysterious amulet. He then shows five different symbols. Each symbol is connected to a specific Norse God. A randomly selected spectator chooses one of the symbols. The performer opens the box and the spectator removes a metal amulet. Engraved into the back of the amulet is the chosen symbol. But that's not all! The spectator's name is also engraved into the amulet. The performer can display it to the audience.

Inspired by Al Korans classic routine but with a new method that makes it possible to show and feel the inscription on the back of the amulet. No double-talk, forces, pre-work, stooges or hidden assistants. Comes complete with everything you need to perform this amazing routine.

Eye of Odin is a utility device that can also enhance your existing mentalism performances. The product comes with three stand alone routines and more creative ideas.

You can check it out here, but with a more classical version: http://youtu.be/w2qu_Mgx2hQ

Best,

Arkadia
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
It's really nice - I have been following this from downstairs and it is exciting to see this released - especially in multiple incarnations.

Good luck!
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Oscar Zaldivar
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Oscar Zaldivar
This looks very classy, I think it will have a LOT of potential with a routine I have
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Looks good, thx for sharing.
kj
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Nice creative effect.

The concept of on the fly engraving on metal is good. It has potential with many possibilities.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Hi. Can you tell us about whether this requires the purchase of refills?
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
Hello!

Thanks for all the positive feedback. Yes it requires refills. You get enough to do it about 150 times. A new refill-set is about 5€ +postage. In it you get another 150 shows. You can ad refills when you buy it from the start and then the postage is included.

/Ark
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Can you wear the amulet instead of keeping it in the box?

Explaining Norse gods to a New York crowd would have to be done beforehand. I wonder if people would connect with this norse gods theme effect outside of Sweden.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Talk about Avengers and lead to talking about Thor's father...Odin. It's still talking about Norse gods, but heck of a lot of people have watched Avengers.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Blinside785,

Fair enough. This version costs around $400.00 plus refills ar needed whereas a Koran medallion type effect like the one by John Archer or Room Key costs I think around $50.00 with no refills needed. Normally you would ask the specator if the name or number is "inscribed" on the medallion thus using a little "dual reality." With Eye of Odin, the person can actually feel that it is "inscribed" on the metal. Obviosuly not everyone in the audience is going to feel the incription but take the person's word for it. Is it "worth" (yes, it is subjective) an extra $350.00 plus refills to have that moment of a spectator actually feeling the inscription compared the standard version?

Thank you for your comments.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
I agree, this is not for everybody. The name of the amulet can be changed to fit your style. It can be called "The Medalion of Death" if you want to. Smile

You can wear it, but you have to work out some moves and alernative handlings. It is not the way we've designed it.

One strength with MetalWriting is that you can do it for smaller crowds - say 5-15, or even people who know each other. That is difficult to pull of with the method you described. Since everyone will talk after your show.

But I do agree, it is a matter of taste.

/Ark
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Ark,

Thank you for your honesty. It is refreshing. You are right. It would be very good with smaller groups so it could be passed around. Speaking of which, can it be passed around without any possibility of anyone detecting anything?

It does look very nicely made.

Michael

P.S. As a correction: I meant to say it was 400 Euros which is aorund $520.00 US.
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
You can not hand it out freely, but you can let as many as you want feel the engraving.

/Ark
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
I can ad that the price outside EU is 320€, not 400 since you don't have to pay the Swedish VAT of 25%.

/Ark
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Wow 25% VAT !!

and I thought 20% we pay in the UK was high !
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Much higher taxes are coming here in the USA.
—Hakim, Loreweaver
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
The Metal Writing site states that it comes with a gimmicked blackboard. If I did this routine in a smaller venue such as a living room (parlor), I would not need to use a blackboard to write down the numbers or name. Is a method included to do the routine without the use of the blackboard?

Thank you.
Michael
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2013-03-06 11:22, magicinsight wrote:

Can you wear the amulet instead of keeping it in the box?

Quote:
On 2013-03-06 12:37, Arkadia wrote:

You can wear it, but you have to work out some moves and alernative handlings. It is not the way we've designed it.

Yes, IMO with a very slight modification that is quite possible using Robert Smith's 'Closure'.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
Hello again!

All of our routines are made for stage or parlor. To do the routines in a close up setting would be challenging because of angles. To modify the black board into a pad or something similar is not very difficult. On the DVD we explain some versions of this.

The Black Board is part of the routine in two ways. First, it is used in the mundus operandi, but also to validate that the numbers/name or symbols engraved in the amulet. Of the same reason I always have a card signed in a card trick – I would not do the routine without a hard validating fact visible for all viewers. The black board does that.

The method described where the amulet could be around your neck when the routine starts are a variation that we only touch upon on the DVD. It involves some challenges, but it could be done. Yet – it is not the way we have designed the method and the product. This means you have to do some thinking yourself.

/Ark
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Ark,
Thank you for the information. It looks like a terrific effect.
Michael
—Hakim, Loreweaver
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » MetalWriting - Eye of Odin (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL