The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Me and my meaningless posts.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
I'm taking poll. I was just pmd and told the below. Is this true? Should I stop posting?
J

You make so many meaningless posts that contribute nothing of value to the Café' that I cringe when I see your ID.

Will you PLEASE stop and ask yourself, "is this post something I can be proud of if I were meeting these people in person?".
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
If they cringe then POST more. Maybe they will leave this section of the Café'.

There are some HIGH & MIGHTY People that come on here just to BASH people. And some of these people are well known and I am
EXTREMELY Proud NOT to have ever met them nor would I ever want to meet them.

Some of those who POST (CLAIM TO KNOW EVERYTHING) a lot Proclaim to be a Mentalist/Magician and we know they are not. Those who BASH people and make RUDE Comments are always going to be on a forum like this.

All I can say is if you do not like my post(s) then you can:

Rodney
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
Garrad
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of Garrad
I like your posts, even when they are fishing for compliments Smile
You often tell it as it is and that's a good thing.
You must have upset someone recently and they have set their dogs on you, ignore it
You might say reality is the result of complex negotiations between the observer and the observed. But that is simply a point of view.

Many Thanks
Garrad
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
I can't say I've noticed your postings one way or another. But I CAN say a couple of things:

1) If I see a post from someone I don't respect, I simply ignore it. There's no reason for someone to get their knickers in a knot over someone who is simply posting. Geez...

2) I'd ignore the person who wrote you that PM.

Relax. This forum is full of (mostly Smile ) good people. The couple of not-so-good-ones tend to pop in and leave again before long. I would think that someone who would take the time to write a nasty PM like the one above is one of the latter kind.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Withnail
View Profile
Special user
974 Posts

Profile of Withnail
I like your posts. But ask yourself 'Do I really care What this person thinks?'

Peace and good wishes Smile
Yet again that oaf has destroyed my day
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
I do care what this person thinks. Not a bad person just a concerned person.

Perhaps this person just doesn't know me. Kind of like if you walk up to a group of people that have known each other for a while and listen to them you will walk away not liking some of them. It's just because you don't know their history and personality. That's what I think anyway.

J
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
This place isn't everything

I have written and then deleted more comments than I have actually posted
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2041 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
What's the purpose of being here... to put in and take away information? Surely this community is more than an information bin and interacting with people here can be meaningful when done with good intent. If it isn't I'd agree it's probably meaningless. Self-examination is the best way to answer this question. A poll won't help because if anyone thinks you're terrible he probably won't PM you about it or comment on this thread.

Go back and read your early posts. If they're nicer than the recent ones then that's something to consider. Do you feel harsher nowadays? Are you okay?

"Is this post something I can be proud of if I were meeting these people in person?" A good question. Can't disagree with that. I'll only say it's good to have a standard and good to forgive people when they breach it; I'm not surprised anymore when I cross my own line. You'd be hard pressed to find someone here with stones to throw. I wouldn't say you're constantly making meaningless posts. To say you've never made them would be elevating you to some kind of god status above the rest of us.
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
I would not worry about it,John!
If they were so High & Mighty,they would not be here so much!
They would be performing,instead of reading post! Smile

Me too! lol
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
After reading this, I'm thinking of making up a sticker for my PC, WWJP (What Would John Post) and ask myself this each time I post here.

Please John, keep posting and being yourself.

BTW, the only reason I don't get PMs like that myself is, I have PMs turned off. Smile

Tony
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2013-03-04 15:13, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
After reading this, I'm thinking of making up a sticker for my PC, WWJP (What Would John Post) and ask myself this each time I post here.

Please John, keep posting and being yourself.

BTW, the only reason I don't get PMs like that myself is, I have PMs turned off. Smile

Tony

LOL! OK Tony, I like it. Don't elevate me though.

J
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of rasp
Such is life........... Just ignore and move on.
DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley
John, I just a minute ago posted something that agreed with one of your posts. Everybody has something valuable to say, even if that value is recognized differently by different people. Telling someone to stop posting is kind of a jerk comment.
...what if I could read your mind?

Chattanooga's Premier Mentalist

Donatelli and Company at ChattanoogaPerformers.com

also on FaceBook
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
My general rule is I never tell anyone not to say something. If I don't like what someone says, I try not to be around that person. On a forum like this it is even easier. If I don't like what someone says, I just don't read their posts. Its not for me to be the arbitrator of telling people when and what they can or cannot say.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I think you should only ever post when that guy gives you permission to...

Take that comment and work backwards...
I've asked to be banned
solarzar
View Profile
Regular user
Solarzar
109 Posts

Profile of solarzar
Quote:
On 2013-03-04 13:47, John C wrote:
I'm taking poll. I was just pmd and told the below. Is this true? Should I stop posting?
J

You make so many meaningless posts that contribute nothing of value to the Café' that I cringe when I see your ID.

Will you PLEASE stop and ask yourself, "is this post something I can be proud of if I were meeting these people in person?".

Is every statement in every conversation a statement about which you are proud? Sometimes we are just acknowledging a speaker, or asking for clarification, or just responding by telling someone they have a right to participate. The PM you received appears hostile because the writer is asking you to please the writer, not respond to the discussion as you see fit.

Excellent advice to ignore the PM was given. Just because someone has the right to say something does not mean we have to consider it.

Just my thoughts, Solarzar
Solarzar
The Magic is within us!
www.Magic4Life.com
www.Solarzar.net
smokingkills
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of smokingkills
What a delicate flower the person who PMd you must be. To "cringe" everytime they merely see your ID. They must go through life in an absolute frenzy. I'd be inclined to respond back and ask them if it would make their ordeal easier if they simply turned their computer off?

As for the "can I be proud" comment - I'm reminded of this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i48o_IJ2gho
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
John-

I've always enjoyed your posts and look forward to reading them. I wouldn't pay attention to a "holier than thou" type who seems to think he is a spokesperson for the rest of us. He's not.

Good thoughts,

Bob
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
If people don't like your posts they don't have to read them.

Unless, of course, you send the forum police after them and force them to read your posts. If so, I would hope you stop posting, too. I hate the forum police!

People who are offended easily deserve to be offended often.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On 2013-03-04 13:47, John C wrote:
J

1) The first part of the senders message seems very mean and poor taste as well as no meaningful specific feedback to what it is that the sender refers to - the second part is sage advice that applies to us all

2) Why make it a poll? If the majority votes one way or the other - you must make the decision!

IMHO
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Me and my meaningless posts.... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL