The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Magician on Italy's Got Talent (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
You have to skip to 6:45 to see the illusion.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xxx63r_......89o7T222

I can't tell, but did he win or get passed to the next round?
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Wasn't this type of a similar illusion sold by Steve Fearson to David Copperfield along time ago?
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
An Undying Heart of Chaos; Stabbed with
719 Posts

Profile of lokikross
Well. From what I gathered...
Gerry liked the humor, and especially his candid responses. He was pushing people to find the entertainment in it.
Randy wasn't having it, so he declined comment.
And Maria was more interested in dictating what he should be doing with his performance, while blatantly exposing his method.

I believe they asked him if he could do more, but he resigned to save "That" for the finale.

At the end the hosts come out and discuss his potential, and whether he should go ahead and do the finale.
Then they show to vote for him (#3). So he must have already passed auditions, because they are voting in final acts for the finale.

My take: Old trick, flashed quite a lot, nothing new added.
Other than that, I do not speak Italian, nor do I stand by my rudimentary translation Smile

LokI
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Yes, It looks to be Fearson's work.

With some professional coaching, it would have looked much better. He did other stuff before. But, In America he would have gotten buzzed off before he got to the body separation.
Don Dasher
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Don Dasher
This is the future of magic.

DD
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
719 Posts

Profile of lokikross
Quote:
On 2013-03-04 15:44, Don Dasher wrote:
This is the future of magic.

DD

Hahaha. I'm actually starting to "get", and enjoy your posts DD Smile (I can't help but think of "MadMen" every time I see your name. lol)

LokI
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
719 Posts

Profile of lokikross
In America, even on reality shows, we have itchy trigger fingers. As well the Brits when they are here. "When in Rome..."
But I would have buzzed him too. Soo.
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
The magi said that this is the "homemade" version of Copperfield illusion (he says "I paid mine 300 euros, Copperfield paid his 300,000 euros... well hundred of thousands... well I really don't know). Of course the mood of the show is pure comedy and from that perspective they did great. The result is not stated since there is the phone voting part.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
boboshempy
View Profile
Veteran user
Jersey
373 Posts

Profile of boboshempy
I agree, really funny! Thanks for posting the link Zombie.
king2262
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of king2262
How to butcher an illusion:(
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
719 Posts

Profile of lokikross
Quote:
On 2013-03-04 16:30, paperinick wrote:
The magi said that this is the "homemade" version of Copperfield illusion (he says "I paid mine 300 euros, Copperfield paid his 300,000 euros... well hundred of thousands... well I really don't know). Of course the mood of the show is pure comedy and from that perspective they did great. The result is not stated since there is the phone voting part.

Thank you Paperinick for clarifying!

LokI
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
NP. Smile
Also there is a big difference between Italian's version of American's reality shows and the original (almost always made in USA). In Italy to capture the audience you need to make the "container" itself interesting. A container like AGT or Dancing with the Stars, where the big emphasis is in the performance itself, would be considered "boring" (at least by the producers). So it's considered almost mandatory to have elements that preclude from a rigid structure of the show: like a silly outsider (in this case) or changing the competition rules during some episodes, etc.
Here in the USA these guys wouldn't even pass the screenings. Smile

Thanks Zombie for the link!
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
(also: Maria role's to try to bust them; she is asking questions related to the nature of the method Smile )
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1696 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Thanks zombie for posting.

this showact hurts my soul.

this wasn't comedy. they just don't get it, that's all. without any talent just
to expose such a strong illusion, that hurts.

was funny but not real comedy. unwanted comedy for sure because of no showmanship
and no talent.

just my 5 swiss francs ( I understood every single word)
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, CRAZY CARD CHANGE, POLTERGEIST, STEEL Stage Version,
X-RAY Stage Version
http://rasmusmagic.ch
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-03-04 22:24, rasmus wrote:

was funny but not real comedy. unwanted comedy for sure because of no showmanship
and no talent.

Rasmus, that's right, you'd have been able to understand every word! And you're right, they lacked showmanship. They probably did the best they could for them. I doubt I could have done any better.

Sadly, it didn't portray Steve Fearson's amazing "Man Apart" illusion properly.
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1696 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Quote:
On 2013-03-04 22:38, Zombie Magic wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-03-04 22:24, rasmus wrote:

and no talent.

Rasmus, that's right, you'd have been able to understand every word! And you're right, they lacked showmanship. They probably did the best they could for them. I doubt I could have done any better.

Sadly, it didn't portray Steve Fearson's amazing "Man Apart" illusion properly.

You're totally Right Smile
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, CRAZY CARD CHANGE, POLTERGEIST, STEEL Stage Version,
X-RAY Stage Version
http://rasmusmagic.ch
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
If you look at the other performance from those guys, exposure was part of the show. It was clearly a comedy bit, not sure if 100% intentional, but at least 99%. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Magician on Italy's Got Talent (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL