The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Brian Brushwood's new book test (45 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10..17..24..31..36~37~38~39~40~41 [Next]
CarlEJones
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, Texas
461 Posts

Profile of CarlEJones
After BB exposed things to line his wallet and boost his ego, he has a lot of gall coming out with a product. Wonder how he'd feel if it were exposed?
THANK YOU for helping us carry on our laughter ministry in hospitals to kids of ALL ages. Our visits are ALWAYS free. We NEED & DEEPLY appreciate your gifts of magic so that we can do what we do. Please PM me with questions or, for a faster reply, in most cases please text or call 214-578-1601

https://youtu.be/2DbAdXKIf-A
https://youtu.be/sXXXyk6LJgE
Aberdeen1234
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Aberdeen1234
[quote]On Nov 12, 2013, CarlEJones wrote:
After BB exposed things to line his wallet and boost his ego, he has a lot of gall coming out with a product. Wonder how he'd feel if it were exposed?
[/quote

I don't think he would really care. The average person watches something exposed and they forget about it 2-3 months later.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
[quote]On Mar 15, 2014, Aberdeen1234 wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2013, CarlEJones wrote:
[/quote

I don't think he would really care. The average person watches something exposed and they forget about it 2-3 months later.

Do you have empirical evidence to back up your claim?
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Ok, so the people over at Scam Stuff were very helpful and even sent me the link to the explanation video. Keeping in mind that I haven't received this yet, this is just an early review.

I don't like some of the things Brian has done in the past (aka Invisible deck, ...) but this product must be one of the best things I've ever bought.

He talks about the quality of the books and how they have been modified (they went to a professional to get them done), then he talks about the history and credits (he even got permission from Teller for one of the things in there).

There are 3 main principles and they all seem to work very well. This will pass casual inspection. Now, not having received it yet, I will finish by saying this: Brian has taken something originally used by Penn and Teller (with permission and modified it in SUCH a clever and devious way. Wow, hats off.

Money well spent, will report back when I get it.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Can't believe the people that get involved with this scum of the earth first of all Alakazam with his wallet now p&t

Why any pro would want to support him is beyond me
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Go away, Scumschool.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

How any serious magician can choose to support Brian Brushyourwood is beyond me. Especially a creator like Sashac. I'm not angry, just disappointed.
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2014, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
How any serious magician can choose to support Brian Brushyourwood is beyond me. Especially a creator like Sashac. I'm not angry, just disappointed.

Jamie, first off, thank you for the kind words.

I heard about this book test through a consultant for DC that told me it truly was the best. I never particularly liked Brushwood and his show, but when someone like that recommends, I listen. Having bought it, I must say that although I don't agree with what BB does at all, this truly is the best book test I have ever seen.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
I really hope that when Mr. Brushwood does a show using this, that the audience is full of YouTube learners all screaming out how its done. See if he likes it then. Of course anyone else using it I wish nothing but the best, but this brushwood character deserves to be run out of town.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2014, Sashac wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2014, Jamie Ferguson wrote:

Jamie, first off, thank you for the kind words.

I heard about this book test through a consultant for DC that told me it truly was the best. I never particularly liked Brushwood and his show, but when someone like that recommends, I listen. Having bought it, I must say that although I don't agree with what BB does at all, this truly is the best book test I have ever seen.

Give it a few weeks and once him or one of his scam school exposes the workings on YouTube this book test will be useless and also one of your most expensive purchases to date
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
So who is the impressive DC consultant?

The main one leftover now is not hardto figure out - Chris Kenner?

B Smith left a few years ago.

Personally I wouldn't buy his wares at any price. If this was that great a book test you would have expected more buzz over these years. Me - I will stick with MOABT and others by creators who use less gel in their hair and have respect for the magic community.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1223 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
I honestly think there would have been more buzz about this if the buyers didn't already think that this thread took a ridiculous swerve as nothing more than a Brushwood bashing soiree. I and two other magicians here locally in Columbus went out to see and support one of our buddies doing a show when he debuted this book test. All three of us saw this book test and thought it was in fact the best and most deceptive one we had seen. Two of us are quite the book test connosieurs and were struck by the routining behind this test. Our good friend allowed us to look at the books after the show and pointed out to us how brilliant they were, and within a week, all three of us ordered the books. (All four of us do corporate stand-up, one is huge on the college market and one is huge on the trade show market). So, while I don't always agree with Brushwood and some of his activities, I know that none of the four of us hesitated to fork over the money for this trick (which was a few thousand dollars combined).

We have been using these for almost 18 months now. I for one have featured it in my comedy stand-up act, my corporate shows and even featured it in a trade show. Folks from all over the convention floor came to my clients booth asking to see the "thing with the books."

I could go on with a more detailed review but not sure what the point would be. I would be happy to start a new review thread if I thought it would be helpful, but I know it would last about three posts before blowing up into another debacle. I find it interesting that somebody indicated the disappointment that Penn and Teller (mainly Teller) collaborated with Brushwood and gave permission to include part of his working into this book test. How quickly P&T are back in favor with the magic community when just about ten years ago, they were widely hated on these same message boards for exposure as well.

Not looking to add to the back and forth on this thread. I totally respect everyones opinion on here to disagree with Brian if they choose to, but to indicate that this book test must be inferior because of the buzz, I know that not to be true. At least my little band of brothers have discussed this thread over drinks about a year ago and indicated that there would be no value to jumping into this thread, but it is Christmas break and I am bored.

If anybody wants a full review of the book test with a grade or rating, please let me know, I would be happy to do so.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Fact is Brushwood has got Zero creditabilly with the magic community and no one is interested in this exposure loving scum bag
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Karma will come calling for Brushwood and all who support him and his products.
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
It depends on your principles. If you have few or none, you'll go with anything that works.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2014, Michael Dustman wrote:
I honestly think there would have been more buzz about this if the buyers didn't already think that this thread took a ridiculous swerve as nothing more than a Brushwood bashing soiree. I and two other magicians here locally in Columbus went out to see and support one of our buddies doing a show when he debuted this book test. All three of us saw this book test and thought it was in fact the best and most deceptive one we had seen. Two of us are quite the book test connosieurs and were struck by the routining behind this test. Our good friend allowed us to look at the books after the show and pointed out to us how brilliant they were, and within a week, all three of us ordered the books. (All four of us do corporate stand-up, one is huge on the college market and one is huge on the trade show market). So, while I don't always agree with Brushwood and some of his activities, I know that none of the four of us hesitated to fork over the money for this trick (which was a few thousand dollars combined).

We have been using these for almost 18 months now. I for one have featured it in my comedy stand-up act, my corporate shows and even featured it in a trade show. Folks from all over the convention floor came to my clients booth asking to see the "thing with the books."

I could go on with a more detailed review but not sure what the point would be. I would be happy to start a new review thread if I thought it would be helpful, but I know it would last about three posts before blowing up into another debacle. I find it interesting that somebody indicated the disappointment that Penn and Teller (mainly Teller) collaborated with Brushwood and gave permission to include part of his working into this book test. How quickly P&T are back in favor with the magic community when just about ten years ago, they were widely hated on these same message boards for exposure as well.

Not looking to add to the back and forth on this thread. I totally respect everyones opinion on here to disagree with Brian if they choose to, but to indicate that this book test must be inferior because of the buzz, I know that not to be true. At least my little band of brothers have discussed this thread over drinks about a year ago and indicated that there would be no value to jumping into this thread, but it is Christmas break and I am bored.

If anybody wants a full review of the book test with a grade or rating, please let me know, I would be happy to do so.

Thanks for taking the time - you probably aren't going to sway too many here.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
As Dustman said, I have all the books and think it's by far the best booktest I've ever seen. As for Brusheood, to be honest, but for this thread, I never would have heard of him. I don't support exposure but also think the reaction to him is way over blown. I've never talked to a single adult that's heard of him and the kids that may know who he is aren't at any of the gigs I perform at. So his footprint is do tiny, his impact will be less than minimal.
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
Is Brushwood the Masked Magician?
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2014, nattefrost wrote:
Is Brushwood the Masked Magician?

More like the unmasked Magician
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2014, emyers99 wrote:
As Dustman said, I have all the books and think it's by far the best booktest I've ever seen. As for Brusheood, to be honest, but for this thread, I never would have heard of him. I don't support exposure but also think the reaction to him is way over blown. I've never talked to a single adult that's heard of him and the kids that may know who he is aren't at any of the gigs I perform at. So his footprint is do tiny, his impact will be less than minimal.

You say you don't support exposure but that's what brushwood is all about he has already exposed the workings if the Alakazam wallet and the id

I wonder how you would feel if while presenting your book test some one comes out with the workings as he saw it on you tube and don't think it won't happen as a friend of mine had to stop using his wallet now that the workings have been exposed by brushwood for all to see !
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Brian Brushwood's new book test (45 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10..17..24..31..36~37~38~39~40~41 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL