The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Suggestions Needed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Christopher
View Profile
Special user
525 Posts

Profile of Christopher
I have spent days searching for a solution to a problem and have come to the conclusion that I needed input from those in the know. I do a comedy show daily in Branson. Traditionally, my finale involves an escape and a simple switch with a stage hand, allowing me to appear in the audience. This year, I'm mixing things up a bit. The plan is to do a sucker type gag. I appear to be doing a very bad vanish and end up in the audience. I'm having a problem finding just the right base or illusion to accomplish this. I'm not worried about the switch, I have that down. I need a prop that doesn't look out of place in my act. Something like a dolly or a table would be perfect. Given my character, I could play off a "magical" looking prop as a spoof of flashy, Vegas type magic. I'm stuck. Can anyone recommend a builder or a commercial Illusion I could adapt? I've been looking at appearances and just doing them in reverse. Any ideas?
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Look for Steve Wyrick's hotel routine on YouTube. He has a dolly illusion that might be adaptable for your use.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
IDOTRIX
View Profile
Elite user
Darien,il
467 Posts

Profile of IDOTRIX
Hook up with Taylor Reed. A very nice guy and very giving. I think he took over Kirbys Theater
elliottmagic
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of elliottmagic
Mak King does something just like what you are saying. His base looks like two wooden palats on a cart. Then he has a cardboard box on top for the vanish. Contact Mak and ask him about it. It can be seen in some videos if you look him up on YouTube.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Suggestions Needed (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL