The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Brian Brushwood (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
819 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
I agree, but it would probably hurt us a lot more than it would hurt him.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2013-03-17 19:11, professorwho wrote:
Unfortunately there are enough people who have been scarred by bad magic :-(

Yup, this is the root of many "problems" in magic.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2013-03-17 19:09, ShirtlessKirk wrote:
Maybe I'm optimistic but I think most people would like magic if shown good magic. I would really hate to believe that magic is disliked by any more than an insignificant portion of the population.

I think that's fairly true, that most people like magic when they see good magic. As mentioned above, though, plenty have been tainted by bad magic, not a huge portion of the population, but enough to encourage people to perhaps focus on the issue of bad magic, the eal root, rather than complaining about "exposure," and challenge minded spectators.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2013-03-15 23:00, davidpaul$ wrote:
Here is a quote from a a very successful well known magician: I respect his comments. Name withheld

"It's getting that reaction again and again and again that creates the desire to learn a new trick to perform. The awe and the question “How did you do that?” is a powerful moment. For magicians, it's not so much a matter of a big secret that we have, but it's the power of having the secret. How you answer the question - How did you do that? - determines where you'll end up going. If it's “Oh, that not a big deal, here, I'll show you how it's done,” then the magic just becomes a passing phase and you eventually become a doctor or a lawyer or something else. However, if you maintain the secrecy, then you control that power and eventually become a magician and learn another trick.

Just thought it was relevant to the conversation. But I'm thinking I should have left the sleeping dog lie.

While this certainly can play into one's ego, I completely disagree that having a secret provides any real "power." That is, it's not permanently hanging on it. If it were, then brain teasers would have long died out.

magicdave56
View Profile
Regular user
Ellisville, MO 63011
191 Posts

Profile of magicdave56
He come up with some stuffs , I will give him that.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Brian Brushwood (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL