The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » An OXF Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
869 Posts

Profile of scott0819
I just received my Kueppers OXF set and I’m curious about the magnet strength of the shell in my set compared to others. I find the strength of the magnet is quite subtle, enough to hold it in place for a casual toss in the air but when holding the shell by the edges, the flipper insert falls out from its own weight. I’ve never played with an OXF set before; maybe this is perfect as it makes un-nesting the shell quite easy but for some unknown reason I was expecting it to hold together tighter as a single unit when nested.

What is your OXF like and who manufactured it? Thanks.
TheHbomb
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of TheHbomb
I do believe it is supposed to be subtle. THe set was designed for Eric Jones routine, and the magnetism was used to account for a move in his Flash Coins Re-lit routine, and from what you say that amount of magnet strength should be enough.
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
788 Posts

Profile of Daniel Clemente
Mine is made by Todd Lassen...both in Morgan and Walker...they both are the same...just enough to flip in the air, but the insert should be able to be opened on the flipper
CdnAndrew
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
149 Posts

Profile of CdnAndrew
My Kueppers OxF set is strong enough that if I slowly turn the set face down the flipper won't open, but a subtle movement will cause it to open. I do believe that what you have (and me!) is the right strength.
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
This is the same for my set by Schoolcraft as well.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
billappleton
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Gatos, California
1154 Posts

Profile of billappleton
This sounds right. I do a move with a TTGF where I can flip it in the air and catch it on the other palm. But it will un-nest in spellbound position no worries.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2048 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On 2013-03-07 08:49, scott0819 wrote:
I just received my Kueppers OXF set and I’m curious about the magnet strength of the shell in my set compared to others. I find the strength of the magnet is quite subtle, enough to hold it in place for a casual toss in the air but when holding the shell by the edges, the flipper insert falls out from its own weight. I’ve never played with an OXF set before; maybe this is perfect as it makes un-nesting the shell quite easy but for some unknown reason I was expecting it to hold together tighter as a single unit when nested.

What is your OXF like and who manufactured it? Thanks.

The behavior you're describing is exactly* how it's supposed to work.

*Further explanation/evidence via PM.
MikeTheKid
View Profile
Veteran user
vancouver
329 Posts

Profile of MikeTheKid
I figure with OXF set, its a bit hard to do Flash Coins Re-lit routine, because of the magnet, I have schoolcraft's OXF set
---------------------------------------------

Magic is a performing art that entertains an audience by creating illusions of seemingly impossible....

www.mikeliumagic.com
cablerock
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of cablerock
Mine are all super subtle too.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » An OXF Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.59 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL