The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » REVEEN (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magic123
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of magic123
I just read this on one of the Magic message boards its fr. Mike Lee and
am passing it along to everyone here .

My Dear friend and mentor Peter Reveen, Is quite sick, he was rushed to hospital last evening.
His son Tyrone is flying to be by his side as I write this , Please take a moment
to say a prayer for this Brilliant Artist & Very Kind genteleman and his family.

Michael Lee
NYC/USA

Fr. Ty Reveen

Sincere Thanks to all of you from my mom "Coral" as well as my three brothers and I. My mom especially is so thankful to hear from so many friends. When I told her that almost three thousand people had opened my two posts about dad during the past 24 hours she was amazed, (she doesn't really understand the powers of Facebook as many of us do).

There have been so many kind thoughts, and positive spiritual wishes. It is so helpful to know that people sincerely care, it really makes a big difference.

All of my life (up until the past four years in particular) Peter & Coral were the toast of Las Vegas and everywhere they traveled. We have always been blessed with a group of inner circle friends, but often when misfortune strikes, human nature sets in and many find it easier to hide their faces from friend's who were once close, helpful and influential to their best interests, our family understands that as many do, and it requires a sense of
humility.

Most people don't really understand the struggles or complexities of those who are battling with debilitating diseases such as dementia. Dementia is the precursor to Alzheimer’s, and when it is combined with diabetes (as well as adverse reactions that can be created by other prescribed medications) the affects can be extremely challenging and unpredictable to say the least.

My father hasn't opened his eyes for the past 48 hours, tonight he uttered the words "I love you, I love you” to my mom and youngest brother a few times, then a few moments of babbling, followed by drifting in and out of consciousness.
Mom kept pumping dad with positive thoughts telling him that so many of his friends and admirers are wishing him well and/or praying for him, and she assured him that I was on my way, but in reality the earliest flight I can get doesn’t leave until 6:00 AM on Friday morning due to March Break holidays.

Many of you know that my father had a reputation of having the most powerful memory of any man in show business; it was a supernatural gift that allowed him to overcome any problems that ever occurred to him. For him to lose grip of that capacity has been a heart breaking experience for him and all of us.

My father made a lot of people a lot of money, he helped many people in ways that they could never pay him back. He made the entire entertainment industry reconsider the value of Magical entertainment. He also helped evolve the science of hypnosis out of the dark ages in the eyes of the general public as much or more than any other personality since Dr. James Braid in the mid 1800’s.

Now, even though his days are numbered, it’s so nice to see people showing their respect to him once again, I know he has missed that, I hope he gets well enough to see realize it for himself.
From the bottom of our hearts, thank you all for taking the time to express your kind thoughts.

God bless you all!

Ty Reveen
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9677 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
He is in my thoughts and prayers. As we reflect it should be a celebration of his life, as there is not a more dedicated and driven person who has cared for and served the entertainment industry and community.
SleepNow
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of SleepNow
It was so much fun seeing Peter Reveen and his family in December of 2009 in Las Vegas when the IBM ring did the magician of the year tribute for him. He was very gracious and took the time to meet and greet all who were there. I remember Peter had so much fun that night as he enjoyed such a great tribute by his peers. I laughed a lot at Jeff Hobson's wonderful parody-tribute. Peter seemed to really enjoy Jeff Hobson's tribute as well. I mean no disrespect by posting this link. I only hope to give his fans and friends an opportunity to see Reveen having a good time with his friends in Las Vegas. As Mindpro said, this is a celebration of his life. I will always remember that night in December and I WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER REVEEN! Here is the link to Jeff Hobson's tribute: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMXaD7RL3Io
Maritess
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of Maritess
I'll be praying to all the goddesses for him. He and Coral were so nice to me when I lived in Vegas over 20 years ago, and were always so friendly and warm when we ran into each other as if we had known each other forever. Really great guy. I'm very sorry to hear about this recent development, that is a very tough disease.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » REVEEN (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL