The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » REPAIRS TOPIC (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
My Anti Gravity rock gimmick is stuck in the in position.
Before I dissect it, has anyone tried this and learned anything
helpful? THANKS, Ed

PS- Titled this as 'Repair Topic' so we could have a central place
to ask repair type questions. (Just a thought)
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
I had that problem. Give the gimmick a very firm push inward and then release it. Leave it lying on its side and see if the plunger emerges.
If it doesn't work, repeat a few times. I was able to get mine to function again.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
I would love to change the sponge in my tenyo ninja experiment,??
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
...at least you still have one!
I've seen copies with nothing of it at all....
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I think that is a tough repair Wally unfortunately. I believe that Killertweety mentioned that he had unsuccessfully attempted a similar repair. I wonder if a small piece of black craft "fun foam" could be atached to the front with a vertical slit in it. Would not look identical but may make a unit functional again.

A few have mentioned that they have had issues with the pendulum in their Phantom Clock not working. Stereo posted a repair idea awhile back. I had one that was not working and looked over the other night and it had started swinging again on its' own... real magic! The thing I discoverd is that it has to be perefctly upright to work properly. If the shelf is uneven the clock will lean forward or backward and not function right. Mine is working again and that is the only change I have made, I assume my wife shifted it on the shelf when dusting and that caused it to be in a better postion and work again.

John
Raymond42
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Raymond42
Found a solution to the worn Ninja Experiment sponge problem.

Removed sponge, modelled four balsa wood baton strips, attached stick-on soft brush draught excluder tape.

A baton sticks to each side of slots with double-sided tape, brushes meet in the middle.

Really pleased with the finished result, balsa colour compliments colour scheme, pencils glide through the brushes, giving perfect cover. Brushes are durable, easily replaceable. Although batons are secure, they're easily removable, leaving no trace.

Such a strong effect, thought it worthy to give it a new lease of life.
FunMagic!
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of FunMagic!
That sounds like a good solution especially since you do not damage the trick with glue.
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1822 Posts

Profile of Rennie
I recently purchased on-line a T-182 Tenyo Credit Slasher, problem is it is complete with the exception of the little sword. Any chance someone would have one for sale that I could purchase.
I know it may be hard locating, but no harm in trying.
Thanks,
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » REPAIRS TOPIC (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL