The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Memorized Deck Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1328 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
I'm looking for a routine using a memorized deck, where you give the impression that you remember all the cards (or a lot)

Where can I find such a routine?
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
There are some... one recommendation: Have a look in Bob Cassidy's "The Artful Mentalism of Bob Cassidy" and read his card memory routine. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
There's one on the Steve Ehlers DVD called the Arizona Card Expert. The title is something like the third card. It's the last piece on the disk.

Dennis "Denny" Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
baobow
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of baobow
More memory man by Joel givens is great. Download from vanishing inc
Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1328 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
I know Joel Given's routine, which is great, but I would think you could go "one step" futher with a memorized deck.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Yes, you can. Take Juan Tamriz wonderful routine from "Mnemonica" where you learn several hands and half the deck... It is his routine using some quite easy (as covered as dealings) anti faro. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Some more details (I am back home now Smile ): The routine is called "Total memory", you'll find it on page 201 et seq. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2013-03-10 05:44, JanForster wrote:
Some more details (I am back home now Smile ): The routine is called "Total memory", you'll find it on page 201 et seq. Jan

Jan,

Is this routine stack dependent?

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2013-03-09 17:41, JanForster wrote:
Have a look in Bob Cassidy's "The Artful Mentalism of Bob Cassidy" and read his card memory routine.

Here's a video that Bob posted in Penny for your Thoughts.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On 2013-03-10 12:44, Turk wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-03-10 05:44, JanForster wrote:

Jan,

Is this routine stack dependent?

Mike

No, Mike, it is not. I've done it and use the Aronson stack Smile. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
mrehula
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of mrehula
There's a great little routine stuck in the back of Alan Ackerman's Las Vegan Karma. (I think the description is only one page.) It's a three phase mem deck routine which ends with a reading off of one third of the deck.
Cain
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
1553 Posts

Profile of Cain
Quote:
On 2013-03-09 18:21, Dennis Loomis wrote:
There's one on the Steve Ehlers DVD called the Arizona Card Expert. The title is something like the third card. It's the last piece on the disk.

AND:
Quote:
On 2013-03-12 12:24, mrehula wrote:
There's a great little routine stuck in the back of Alan Ackerman's Las Vegan Karma. (I think the description is only one page.) It's a three phase mem deck routine which ends with a reading off of one third of the deck.

You guys are talking about the same trick: Steve Ehler's "Three Card Location." The DVD updates the version in the Ackerman book. Bill Malone has a similar trick called (I believe) "Hands Off Memory Test" where the revelations are a little more varied.
Ellusionst discussing the Arcane Playing cards: "Michaelangelo took four years to create the Sistine Chapel masterpiece... these took five."

Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes: "You know Einstein got bad grades as a kid? Well, mine are even worse!"
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On 2013-03-12 12:49, Cain wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-03-09 18:21, Dennis Loomis wrote:

AND:
Quote:
On 2013-03-12 12:24, mrehula wrote:

You guys are talking about the same trick: Steve Ehler's "Three Card Location." The DVD updates the version in the Ackerman book. Bill Malone has a similar trick called (I believe) "Hands Off Memory Test" where the revelations are a little more varied.

You are correct.. Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Ed Oschmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Lake Worth FL
1022 Posts

Profile of Ed Oschmann
Steve's a good friend of mine, and I can still remember the utter shock and helplessness I experienced when he did this for me. Cried myself to sleep I tell you.
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
Yup, Cain is correct. It's the same routine. But it's dynamite.

Dennis "Denny" Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
bunkyhenry
View Profile
Special user
NYC Metro
828 Posts

Profile of bunkyhenry
How about with a shuffled deck?

Corinda 13 Steps page #308 PHOTO-MEMORY....A GEM IF PRESENTED WELL!
Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1328 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
Really like Bob Cassidy's routine, but looking for an effect more suited for strolling close-up work.

Any other suggestions?
Cain
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
1553 Posts

Profile of Cain
"Three Card Location" is perfect. It doesn't even require a table.

I had an idea for a trick, but never came up with a workable presentation...

A card is selected, or named. The magician's blindfolded (a spectator can stand behind and hold her hands over your eyes), and you deal the cards into a face up pile, occasionally dealing some face down. "If you see your card, let me know." You explain the selection will probably be among the face down cards. After you've (quickly) dealt through the entire deck, you single out one card among the face-downs... it is indeed the selection. Then you spread the deck showing -- I dunno. The rest of the cards that were turned face-down could be the same suit. They could be a royal flush. They could be the highest possible poker-hand with the named card. They could be three cards with the same value. You should first have the cards shuffled, then put them back in mem-deck order with a cull separation (your excuse for running through the cards for the separation is that you're memorizing them).
Ellusionst discussing the Arcane Playing cards: "Michaelangelo took four years to create the Sistine Chapel masterpiece... these took five."

Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes: "You know Einstein got bad grades as a kid? Well, mine are even worse!"
bozo
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of bozo
Cain,
I think a more memorable presentation would be to have the spectators call out stop at various points during your deal, which you turn the card f/d. At the end the called out f/d cards are the royal flush or the thirteen suits. The first method to come to mind is a stud bottom deal, as you put your stack on the bottom.
It's a VERY intersting idea you have there. I think you might be able to come up method w/o the memo deck.
You also gave me an idea to come up with a card stab with the memo deck.....
Cain
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
1553 Posts

Profile of Cain
Bozo,

The spectator choosing usually increases the strength of a trick, but it's no longer a memory presentation and I don't see why you'd need a mem-deck. Also, there's that that fine trick where you spread through the pack upjog the four cards your spectators touch, strip out and flip'em on top: the four aces.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Memorized Deck Routine (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL