We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Recommendations on Coin Cases (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gmsmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of gmsmagic1
Can anyone recommend a nice leather coin case for keeping all my gaffed coins safe and secure? I work with Half Dollars mostly, and carry at least 10 around with me along with various other gaffed coins. Purses don't appeal to me as much since I don't want the coins stacked and rubbing against each other. I prefer a nice pouch or snap/zippered solution with felt type compartments to keep the specialty coins separated from one another.
aussiemagik
View Profile
New user
Norfolk, VA
89 Posts

Profile of aussiemagik
A small zippered SD Card case... like this http://www.amazon.com/Targus-TGC-MWC-10-......ard+case
Rkovo
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Rkovo
Jerry O'Connells JOL coin tidy. I keep mine in my pocket everyday. It has 8 slots which can easily hold 2 coins each. Its quality but can be had to find. I paid around $25
algebraic
View Profile
Special user
967 Posts

Profile of algebraic
I wouldn't use the JOL 8 slot coin holder. It tarnished ALL my coins. All my JOL 8 slot coin holders were put in their proper place - the trash can.
gmsmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of gmsmagic1
Wow, that's surprising. I've bought many JOL wallets in the past (just not for coins), and they were always top quality leather - which typically can't tarnish coins. It makes me wonder if your coins might have unknowingly been exposed to something other than the case. Otherwise, these cases certainly would have been pulled off the market long ago with the amount of them he sells.

Sorry for your bad experience regardless, and I appreciate the feedback.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1567 Posts

Profile of elimagic
pickin_grinnin
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
147 Posts

Profile of pickin_grinnin
I love Wilkins pellet gun pouches

wilkinspouches.com/
55Hudson
View Profile
Special user
Minneapolis
982 Posts

Profile of 55Hudson
Ton Onosaka makes very nice coin pouches.

Hudson
James_Kelsey
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of James_Kelsey
Goshman coin purses are fantastic.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22932 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
There is a great deal at tricksupply.com for a leather squeeze purse from the old Hank Lee store. There price is fantastic. I ordered 6 of them. The only thing is that they have the Hank Lee logo embossed in the leather. Check it out!
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1577 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Quote:
On Mar 9, 2013, gmsmagic1 wrote:
Can anyone recommend a nice leather coin case for keeping all my gaffed coins safe and secure? I work with Half Dollars mostly, and carry at least 10 around with me along with various other gaffed coins. Purses don't appeal to me as much since I don't want the coins stacked and rubbing against each other. I prefer a nice pouch or snap/zippered solution with felt type compartments to keep the specialty coins separated from one another.

I agree. I also am not keen about my gaffed coins banging around together in a purse.
I second the SD memory card case. I use about 8 of them for storage and organizing. They are all labelled.
Ihor
Tukaram
View Profile
Regular user
Iloilo, Philippines
200 Posts

Profile of Tukaram
I also use Targus cases. They are designed for Compact Flash cards, so they work well for coins. The slots in the cases for USB jump drives are too long and skinny. I had a leather coin wallet (forget the brand) and the coins tarnished horribly! After I cleaned them up and stated usin gthe Targus case - no more tarnish. Computer stores have some great stuff, good rolls of thin velcro, small organizer boxes, odd little cases... it just confuses the clerk if you tell em you want coin cases etc Smile

Really confused them when I bought a bunch of USB jump drives and kept telling them I did not care about storage size - just color, and ease of opening the case... I was making color changing jump drives (updating the color changing penknives idea).
malaki
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of malaki
Sorry to hear of your issues with the leather case.

I own an 8 slot slider case, though I do not know who made it. I love it and have been using it for the last 20 years without my coins gathering any more patina than they would have outside the case. Because the coins are not allowed to rub against one another, my sets still look great! With a fine felt tip pen I have marked the slots with code that I can interpret, but not the muggles.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Recommendations on Coin Cases (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL