The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » INVENTOR / HANDY PERSON WANTED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
I do volunteer work at the local Association for the Blind,
and I'm slowly putting together a routine that I will eventually use to
show the blind, one on one, magic tricks.

My newest idea is to recreate the classic Monte effect using
three switches which activate 3 lights that the spectator never figures
out which switch operates which light.
I would like to re-tool it to use sound (and feel?) instead of light and the whole unit designed
to be felt/held and not seen.

Anyone (or anyone you know) have an interest in helping for fun and/or money &/or a good cause?
I am willing to pay for this help as appropriate. I have never created a magic effect & I don't
have any idea if this would be marketable or patent-able when done, but for now my personal
motives are altruistic, although that is not cast in concrete.
I intend to cover the cost of this project myself.

With that in mind if you know anyone capable of helping me create this please pass my name along or pm me.
They would need the electronic skills because I would only wind up electrocuting myself, with a battery.

Thanks,
Ed
edshern@gmail.com
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Originally called Lucky Light in the 70s. made by Aldini, I believe.

Suds makes a version today. I'll pass your email to him.

He could substitute Pager Motors for the lights, possibly,
TheRaven
View Profile
Special user
597 Posts

Profile of TheRaven
Noble but challenging effort. Trying to wrap my head around this still. I applaud your taking on this challenge.
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
Already given it a lot of thought and have a lot of ideas.
Must think outside the box.
If you are interested in the project pm me.
I will be donating it all so I don't mind sharing.
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
This is not difficult (and I'm not good with electrical things) . Wires are in Series along with a pager motor.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Contact Wellington Enterprises as they are the manufactures of "The Magic Switchboard" which utilizes lights.

There is or was a 3 light version that was on the market with lights and sound. I believe it was called a "Lie Detector" or that was the premise of the routine utilizing it.

Searching the Café brings up all kinds of information:

How about "How to build a Lie Detector" with detailed information!!

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=37&0
You will need 50 posts to acquire the information.

Found the information in this forum discussion.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109

Oh, and it use lights and sound!
TheRaven
View Profile
Special user
597 Posts

Profile of TheRaven
Not sure what ideas you already have, but your post reminded me of a little project I built as a kid. It was mounted on a wood board and on the surface appeared like the most simple circuit --- light bulb, battery, knife switch and wires connecting all right on the surface of the board. But when the knife switch was thrown, the light bulb went off and when it was open, the light bulb was on -- all thanks to some simple trickery in the construction (no fancy electronics or anything).
peteatronjo
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of peteatronjo
Hello,
The original Lucky Light was invented by Amedeo Vacca and manufactured for him by Ronjo. Since Amedo's passing, Ronjo is the only authorized builder of Lucky Light. And it is still available. Please contact me for details. Thanks,
Pete
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Mar 20, 2014, peteatronjo wrote:
Hello,
The original Lucky Light was invented by Amedeo Vacca and manufactured for him by Ronjo. Since Amedo's passing, Ronjo is the only authorized builder of Lucky Light. And it is still available. Please contact me for details. Thanks,
Pete

Lucky Light was being sold in England 1970's and all around the world. That was over 40 years ago. I have a catalog from the early 1970's listing it being available in England.
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Quote:
On Mar 20, 2014, peteatronjo wrote:
Hello,
Pete

Aldini put this out in 71.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » INVENTOR / HANDY PERSON WANTED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL