The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Cardini Auction Catalog (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
The Cardini Auction catalog is available as a free PDF download at Potter's. An opportunity to see the simple tools that were utilized by a master manipulator.

http://www.potterauctions.com/auctions/upcoming
Sebastian Oudot
View Profile
Regular user
Somewhere Between Two Worlds
197 Posts

Profile of Sebastian Oudot
So many treasures in this catalog.

Viewing it is like taking a time machine into the magic history.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Great link! Thanks! I agree with Sebastian it is like walking back in time. Wonderful!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
marknem7
View Profile
Elite user
497 Posts

Profile of marknem7
Ooh, those trunks!
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Potter's catalogs are always so much fun to look at. I'm a graphic designer, and had the opportunity to stop by Potter Auctions stand at Magifest. We struck up a conversation about design in the magic world (posters, book illustrations, magic catalogs etc.), and I was asked what I would change about the Potter books. "Nothing," was my answer. They do exactly what they need to, and are treasures in and of themselves.

This auction looks incredible. Oh, to have that monocle.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Sebastian Oudot
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

I agree with Oz. I really like the design in the magic world. Especially with posters. This kind of mix between drawing and great realism give a perfect combination of mysterious magical performance and real event.

And if David Blaine choose to make posters like these for his modern magical performances, there must be a reason.

Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Agreed. Blaine's posters rock. I also love a lot of the current collectors playing cards out there. I know it's a fad, but I don't care...I'm enjoying the ride. A lot of very talented designers are involved with these projects and it shows.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Sebastian Oudot
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

While I think there is just way too much new decks coming out every week, I have to admit that some of them have a very nice design.
the fritz
View Profile
Special user
647 Posts

Profile of the fritz
My computer won't seem to download this catalog in it's entirety. It begins the download, displays the cover page, then freezes up. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get this to work properly?
ljsviol
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of ljsviol
Recently, Potter & Potter auctions posted a list of the prices paid for each item, by item number - you have to cross-reference to the catalog to see which item:

http://www.potterauctions.com/pdf/Prices_Realized_018.pdf

Larry S.

PS: the fritz: if your computer is having trouble displaying the catalog in your browser, as it sounds like, you might try this: if you put your mouse pointer over the link for the catalog and press the *right* mouse button, you should get a popup menu with an option to "Save this link..." or something like that. Select that, and just save the file to some location on your hard disk, then view it with a PDF reader/viewer (Adobe Reader, for instance).

Good luck!
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
Quote:
On 2013-04-07 01:47, the fritz wrote:
My computer won't seem to download this catalog in it's entirety. It begins the download, displays the cover page, then freezes up. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get this to work properly?

If you cannot download it, pm me your email address and I will send you a copy. It is a 7.5 MB file and if your ISP does not have a limit size like google or yahoo addresses, your home email would work if you have either of these two.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Cardini Auction Catalog (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL