The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Alternative Tricks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
ChrisTheImpossible
View Profile
New user
Jacksonville, Florida
70 Posts

Profile of ChrisTheImpossible
Hello, I am looking for some alternative killer tricks. I have lots of ring tricks, tons of card tricks, fun with shell game, and rubber band tricks. What are some good alternatives out there to do? All advise is welcome!
www.MagicJunky.com
"A place for Magicians, Clowns, and Ventriloquists to Buy, Sell, and Trade new and or used items Free!"
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Magic with cash.

Gypsy Thread.

"String through the Arm" has been playing very well for me. ( Jeff McBride's "Magic from the Edge" has a good version of this effect.)

-Mary Mowder
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1334 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
I am going to say rope magic. To narrow it down a touch I do a single rope routines which has evolved from fibre optics. But don't over look classics like Proffesor nightmare or Bachalour needle. Sponge balls and sponge bunnies are always a hit.

Also look at your magic you already do. How much of it happens in the spectators hands? Do they get to keep anything? In both case it needs to be more than a signed card. For example when a spectator opens there hand and there in Mummy and Daddy rabbit with baby rabbits it a killer moment. I do stargazer at the end of my elastic band routine. The star shape band I give to the spectaor and ask them to make a wish on it and keep it safe.

Hope this helps some time it just looking and thinking about your magic differently that is the key not just new effects. I saw some one do a great routine once and one of the effect used was the coin in to a ball of wool routine. After I mentioned the cleaver and crative use of it. He told me that he was know in his late 40s he learnt that trick when he was 9. And he said he probley never did it for about 25 years. Then one day he found a photo of him aged nine doing the trck. He then realised it would fit into a routine he was working on.

Have fun take care
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
No Smoking, it's a routine done with lighters.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I don't get the question. Your tricks are not what...never mind.

Color changing knives.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
There's some excellent penetration effects using bills.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
ChrisTheImpossible
View Profile
New user
Jacksonville, Florida
70 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-03-10 21:32, Mary Mowder wrote:
Magic with cash.

Gypsy Thread.

"String through the Arm" has been playing very well for me. ( Jeff McBride's "Magic from the Edge" has a good version of this effect.)

-Mary Mowder

Thanks Mary!
www.MagicJunky.com
"A place for Magicians, Clowns, and Ventriloquists to Buy, Sell, and Trade new and or used items Free!"
ChrisTheImpossible
View Profile
New user
Jacksonville, Florida
70 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-03-10 21:54, Yellowcustard wrote:
I am going to say rope magic. To narrow it down a touch I do a single rope routines which has evolved from fibre optics. But don't over look classics like Proffesor nightmare or Bachalour needle. Sponge balls and sponge bunnies are always a hit.

Also look at your magic you already do. How much of it happens in the spectators hands? Do they get to keep anything? In both case it needs to be more than a signed card. For example when a spectator opens there hand and there in Mummy and Daddy rabbit with baby rabbits it a killer moment. I do stargazer at the end of my elastic band routine. The star shape band I give to the spectaor and ask them to make a wish on it and keep it safe.

Hope this helps some time it just looking and thinking about your magic differently that is the key not just new effects. I saw some one do a great routine once and one of the effect used was the coin in to a ball of wool routine. After I mentioned the cleaver and crative use of it. He told me that he was know in his late 40s he learnt that trick when he was 9. And he said he probley never did it for about 25 years. Then one day he found a photo of him aged nine doing the trck. He then realised it would fit into a routine he was working on.

Have fun take care

Thanks, I have Fiber Optics on its way. The only tricks I have that they can take home is signed cards and goldfish. I think I just need to work on story telling. I have so much magic and I guess I just get bored of the same tricks so I think I have to change up the story line.
www.MagicJunky.com
ChrisTheImpossible
View Profile
New user
Jacksonville, Florida
70 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-03-10 22:10, motown wrote:
No Smoking, it's a routine done with lighters.

Thanks! That is something different!
www.MagicJunky.com
ChrisTheImpossible
View Profile
New user
Jacksonville, Florida
70 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-03-11 00:20, motown wrote:
There's some excellent penetration effects using bills.

Like what? I have Ignition. Any others that you would recommend?

Thanks,
www.MagicJunky.com
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Clean thru clear thru.

-Mary
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Cocktail Bill Penatration" by Ken Kuroki on page 53 of Kaufmans 5X5 Japan

Sankey's Dough
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=175
– Karl Germain
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
There's also Chad Long's Flash. It's a paddle type routine using flash drives.
– Karl Germain
ChrisTheImpossible
View Profile
New user
Jacksonville, Florida
70 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-03-11 09:23, motown wrote:

What's your take on paddle move tricks? I always thought that it was a strange way to show both sides which may leave the spectator wondering why your showing it in such a way. I guess I have a magician look on this. What have been your reactions on this?
www.MagicJunky.com
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
If you want something for the spectator to keep get 21st century phantom by Oz Pearlman. I get asked for it over and over again. I often meet people a year or so later and they still have their souvenir in their wallet.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Quote:
On 2013-03-11 09:31, ChrisTheImpossible wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-03-11 09:23, motown wrote:

What's your take on paddle move tricks? I always thought that it was a strange way to show both sides which may leave the spectator wondering why your showing it in such a way. I guess I have a magician look on this. What have been your reactions on this?
If it's presented correctly it shouldn't be a problem and your specs won't be aware of what's going on. The flash drive and lighter don't come off like magic props.
– Karl Germain
Dimitri Mystery Artist
View Profile
Veteran user
Israel/Ukraine
355 Posts

Profile of Dimitri Mystery Artist
Step 1: forget all the effects you know
step 2: think what YOU want your audience to experience (something that you believe will truly amaze them)
step 3: think how you can achieve such a strong effect in the most convincing way.
step 4: make it fit your personality

hope it answers your question
Remagicon
View Profile
Regular user
Somewhere over the Rainbow
124 Posts

Profile of Remagicon
Sports Watch Coin Vanish- only needs a sports watch if you have one and two quarters

Simple, but effective
"Ars Est Celare Artem"
It is art to hide art
yankay37
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
176 Posts

Profile of yankay37
Fire, flush paper, some torn money. Very flashy stuff to break up some card routines.
ShirtlessKirk
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of ShirtlessKirk
Needle through arm, nail up nose, midget productions. Alternatives to what?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Alternative Tricks (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL